Doug Ford Drug Dealer vs Doug Ford Premier.

cyruslosco66
Banned

Doug Ford Drug Dealer vs Doug Ford Premier.

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Why is it doug fords govt is having a tough time getting the covid drugs out when he sold street drugs , they flowed out like water.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/to ... e12153014/

can anyone explain this disconnect?
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Doug Ford Drug Dealer vs Doug Ford Premier.

Post by Merry »

I note Ford was never charged with what this article alleges, and no reliable source has any recollection of any of these alleged events. So we’re supposed to rely on an anonymous source who claims to have first hand knowledge about something a Public figure allegedly did when he was a teenager?

Given the “dirty” nature of politics, where the strategy is often to simply “throw mud in the hope some of it sticks”, I tend to treat stories like this one with a great deal of scepticism.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

“throw mud in the hope some of it sticks” seems to be the way of the " All Things Trudeau" thread and with Ford , I agree he wasn't charged but I guess the same rules can apply.

I do think Ford deserves some criticism I think they were late in restrictions and what restrictions they had early on were half measures trying to target specific parts of Ontario now Covid in Ontario is a runaway train.
Also if any province is in posession of a Covid vaccine needs to be jamming them into arms till it's gone, no excuse.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Merry wrote:I note Ford was never charged with what this article alleges, and no reliable source has any recollection of any of these alleged events. So we’re supposed to rely on an anonymous source who claims to have first hand knowledge about something a Public figure allegedly did when he was a teenager?

Given the “dirty” nature of politics, where the strategy is often to simply “throw mud in the hope some of it sticks”, I tend to treat stories like this one with a great deal of scepticism.
Just because he was never charged doesn't mean he wasn't dealing drugs, mainly as a mid-level dealer. Well known fact in the Etobicoke North drug world where to go and who to see if you wanted a particular drug.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

oneh2obabe wrote: Just because he was never charged doesn't mean he wasn't dealing drugs, mainly as a mid-level dealer. Well known fact in the Etobicoke North drug world where to go and who to see if you wanted a particular drug.
Good to see that he's cleaned up his act and become a respected member of his community.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

He was accused by an ANONYMOUS source, of selling hashish.
Nothing to get excited about.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

jimmy4321 wrote:if any province is in posession of a Covid vaccine needs to be jamming them into arms till it's gone, no excuse.
On this, you and I are in complete agreement. Either getting everyone vaccinated ASAP is essential, or it isn’t. You can’t have it both ways.

Taking a few days off over the holidays damages the credibility of those stressing the urgency of the vaccine. But I doubt that was Doug Ford’s decision. The Public Health Officials are the ones who made that mistake, and they made the same mistake here in BC too.

Oh they talk a good line about why they did it, but the fact remains it damages their credibility when they take time off for the holidays like that. The virus sure didn’t take a break.
Last edited by Merry on Dec 30th, 2020, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

oneh2obabe wrote:
Merry wrote:I note Ford was never charged with what this article alleges, and no reliable source has any recollection of any of these alleged events. So we’re supposed to rely on an anonymous source who claims to have first hand knowledge about something a Public figure allegedly did when he was a teenager?

Just because he was never charged doesn't mean he wasn't dealing drugs, mainly as a mid-level dealer. Well known fact in the Etobicoke North drug world where to go and who to see if you wanted a particular drug.
Just because you’ve never been charged, doesn’t mean you’ve never broken the Law. So, using that argument, you’d better never run for political office.

See how silly that argument is?
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

Given the “dirty” nature of politics, where the strategy is often to simply “throw mud in the hope some of it sticks”, I tend to treat stories like this one with a great deal of skepticism.
Most of us have news 'tolerances' -- how much we tend to believe what we learn in the papers, TV news, and online sources. The best indicator of news reliability is the reputation of the outlet. I have a high level of trust in the New York Times, a medium level of trust in CNN, and a low level of trust in … say the ‘The Rebel’. While Toronto’s G&M might lean slightly left, most folks will concede that it is generally fairly accurate. They’ll print the dirt on left & right-leaning politicians. If they screw up, they’ll print retractions and say so.

You might also consider the journalist author Greg McArthur. His reporting has been recognized by all major journalism awards in Canada: he has won two National Newspaper Awards, several National Magazine Awards, and the top prize awarded by the Canadian Association of Journalists.

So I tend to believe much of the Ford story and very little of the opinions of anonymous on-line forum posters.

Speaking of anonymous, you belittle the story for basing it on “an anonymous source” – it was not one source; there were TEN anonymous sources. And while no members of the police, past or present, will confirm the details, consider what might happen to them if they came out and backed up this story today. Ford is a wealthy, connected, powerful adversary, and has the means to ruin lives. Any past or present member would be a fool to stick his/her neck out after so many years have gone by; there is almost zero chance of Ford ever being charged. It’s a ‘no win’ situation.

But the thing that makes the G&M’s 4,000+ word Ford story so easy to believe (that is a very long newspaper article, by the way…), is his response to it – or lack of response. There was a letter from his lawyer denying it, just like every lawyer has denied his/her client’s wrongdoing for pretty much every criminal in Canadian history.

In our country, there are remedies provided to citizens who have had slanderous things said about them in print (or on TV, and lately online in blogs, forums, etc etc.). If someone says something untrue about you that damages your reputation, you can take them to court and sue for libel or slander. Being a multi-millionaire, Ford could certainly have afforded to do so using the finest pitbull lawyers in Canada. But there was not a peep out of him – no chest-thumping or threats of legal action against the G&M. Nadda.

And why might that be?

Possibly he understands what might happen in a court of law when the G&M started bringing a long procession of witnesses into court, where under oath, they would be compelled to tell what they remember about Ford’s past.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Merry wrote:Just because you’ve never been charged, doesn’t mean you’ve never broken the Law. So, using that argument, you’d better never run for political office.

See how silly that argument is?
Merry, you're the one who doesn't believe the stories about his drug dealing youth. Unless you lived in Etobicoke North you'd have no idea of the hierarchy of the drug world. Just becauses he was never charged doesn't mean he wasn't dealing. Besides James Gardens, another favourite spot of the Ford Brothers was the Steak Queen restaurant near Woodbine Race Track.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

oneh2obabe wrote: Merry, you're the one who doesn't believe the stories about his drug dealing youth. Unless you lived in Etobicoke North you'd have no idea of the hierarchy of the drug world. Just becauses he was never charged doesn't mean he wasn't dealing. Besides James Gardens, another favourite spot of the Ford Brothers was the Steak Queen restaurant near Woodbine Race Track.
So his past is well known, and yet he was voted in a premier anyway. Good for him!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

OldIslander wrote: you belittle the story for basing it on “an anonymous source” – it was not one source; there were TEN anonymous sources.
I don’t care HOW many anonymous sources there are; the key word is anonymous.

Political figures have many enemies, who love to spread damaging rumours designed to ruin their adversaries reputation.

If these people truly believe what they say to be true, they should be willing to state it publicly, and then defend their words in court, if it comes to that.

Hiding behind anonymity, while spreading information designed to destroy a man’s life, is NOT an action I respect.

This isn’t China, or Russia, where people can be severely punished for telling the truth. This is Canada, where freedom of speech is protected, provided it is truthful.

The idea that Ford would be able to retaliate in a harmful way against someone who had gone public with a truthful story is just nonsense. Because the Public would know, and would never tolerate such behaviour in their Premier.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

^^^
Exactly.
And other than the occasional left winger, who really cares about his distant rumored past? Since than, he's risen to the top of the Ontario political scene and is now doing a far superior job for his people than Trudeau.

This story is simply a classic example of a tempest in a teapot.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

Merry wrote:
OldIslander wrote: you belittle the story for basing it on “an anonymous source” – it was not one source; there were TEN anonymous sources.
I don’t care HOW many anonymous sources there are; the key word is anonymous.

Political figures have many enemies, who love to spread damaging rumours designed to ruin their adversaries reputation.

If these people truly believe what they say to be true, they should be willing to state it publicly, and then defend their words in court, if it comes to that.

Hiding behind anonymity, while spreading information designed to destroy a man’s life, is NOT an action I respect.

This isn’t China, or Russia, where people can be severely punished for telling the truth. This is Canada, where freedom of speech is protected, provided it is truthful.

The idea that Ford would be able to retaliate in a harmful way against someone who had gone public with a truthful story is just nonsense. Because the Public would know, and would never tolerate such behaviour in their Premier.
I don’t care that you don’t care. [icon_lol2.gif]

The fact is, anonymous sources are vital to journalists. Trusted news orgs, such as the G&M, won’t take the word of one anonymous source. They will find several more independent sources who all collaborate the story. Happens every day in every news gathering agency in the free world. Another word for anonymous sources is ‘whistleblowers’. Anonymous sources and/or whistleblowers have taken down Presidents, Prime Ministers, and governments all over the world for a wide range of crimes and scandals. The most famous was ‘Deep Throat’ who’s info brought down Nixon.

Do you believe that the G&M would have published the story if they thought there was even a remote possibility of losing a slander suit to Ford? That they would have run the story without obtaining the blessings of their high-price lawyers? They ran it because they believed it was true. The story practically ‘begged’ Ford to sue them for slander and he wouldn’t do it.

Re retaliation, it would not have to happen right away. Wealthy people have power and the ability to make a wide range of things happen. You are very naive if you don’t think someone like Ford wouldn’t try to find a way to get even down the road. It wouldn’t have to be a criminal action – quietly arranging to have a person fired or digging into their past and finding something embarrassing to circulate. The imagination is the limit.

And the story of Ford’s past has hardly ruined his life. He’s wealthy and the Premier of the most prosperous province in the country. He came out of all this smelling pretty good.
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Doug Ford shaking hands with known terrorist group proud boys .

https://twitter.com/amneetbali/status/1 ... 71106?s=20
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band

Return to “Canada”