Rent Bank

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
BC Landlord
Guru

Re: Rent Bank

Post by BC Landlord »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 31st, 2020, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Ok Vacancy, ... That's a great advice. I have 7 rental properties that are on a verge of profitability. That's over 30 people living in them. My question is, ... If downsizing is the answer, what do you suggest I tell them, as to why I'm kicking them out on the street? You must have some good advice for that, too.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Vacancyrate wrote:Step right up Canadians. $14.65 a hour doesn't even get you shelter anymore.
Should it?

Min wage is for teenagers living at home and grandmas who are bored. Don't think they're trying to raise a family on that wage.

Cause if you're ... you should get a higher paying job.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Even Steven wrote:Cause if you're ... you should get a higher paying job.
That’s almost impossible with nowadays useless school programs. You can’t expect a high paying job with a diploma in lesbian dancing.
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

Even Steven wrote:
Vacancyrate wrote:Step right up Canadians. $14.65 a hour doesn't even get you shelter anymore.
Should it?

Min wage is for teenagers living at home and grandmas who are bored. Don't think they're trying to raise a family on that wage.

Cause if you're ... you should get a higher paying job.
Ah yes, only college grads deserve not to be homeless!
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Vacancyrate wrote:Ah yes, only college grads deserve not to be homeless!
Homelessness is just a consequence of some bad choices in life. And that rarely includes college grads, because they can usually tell right from wrong. Rent Bank is for those in between.
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

BC Landlord wrote: Rent Bank is for those in between.
The rent bank is for the asset class and needed to keep the ponzi-economy going and needed to keep real estate values inflated without having being tied to wages. Today it's a "one time small loan" and in 3 years when real estate values have risen 40% it will be "just 6 months of debt" and eventually permanent debt without ownership.

Real estate values have de-coupled from wages years ago.

It was inevitable that we reach this point with rents.

No welfare for the asset class. No rent banks.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Vacancyrate wrote: Ah yes, only college grads deserve not to be homeless!
Wouldn't know, I never went to college and I think I turned out ok.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

BC Landlord wrote:
Homelessness is just a consequence of some bad choices in life. And that rarely includes college grads, because they can usually tell right from wrong. Rent Bank is for those in between.
Just? That's a severe trivialization of lives. People matter. Homes are important. Community is important. Contribute, don't leach.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

JLives wrote: Just? That's a severe trivialization of lives. People matter. Homes are important. Community is important. Contribute, don't leach.
Homes are important, indeed. Actually, one of the most important things in everyone's life. This is what Rent Bank idea is all about, .. helping those in need. The "trivialization" comes from those seeing it as some sort of tenants entrapment tool. This can't be further from the truth.

I asked this question several times, and I'll ask it again, .... If you were a tenant who can't come up with a rent or two, especially in circumstances like Covid, would you prefer an interest-free loan to get you over the thing, or get evicted?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

BC Landlord wrote:
Homes are important, indeed. Actually, one of the most important things in everyone's life. This is what Rent Bank idea is all about, .. helping those in need. The "trivialization" comes from those seeing it as some sort of tenants entrapment tool. This can't be further from the truth.

I asked this question several times, and I'll ask it again, .... If you were a tenant who can't come up with a rent or two, especially in circumstances like Covid, would you prefer an interest-free loan to get you over the thing, or get evicted?
Stop living outside your means. If you can't afford your mortgage slow down on the avocado toast. Get a better job. Go to school and improve your skills.
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

JLives wrote:
BC Landlord wrote:

Stop living outside your means. If you can't afford your mortgage slow down on the avocado toast. Get a better job. Go to school and improve your skills.
Thats funny i give renters that same advice when they're crying about rent
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Boosted632 wrote: Thats funny i give renters that same advice when they're crying about rent
Well why should landlords feel they are exempt from that? It's entitlement.
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

JLives wrote:Stop living outside your means. If you can't afford your mortgage slow down on the avocado toast. Get a better job. Go to school and improve your skills.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. :up:
BC Landlord
Guru

Post by BC Landlord »

Vacancyrate wrote:No welfare for the asset class. No rent banks.
Not sure what you mean by "the asset class"? Home owners, perhaps? You sound like it's a bad thing. :135:

Return to “Social Concerns”