Post by vegas1500 »

Rest In Peace Officer. Thank you for your service

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/calgary-poli ... -1.5250538
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Calgary Police

Post by Ken7 »

Canadian Police Association

Sergeant Andrew Harnett of the Calgary Police Service.
Sgt. Andrew Harnett, 37, joined the Calgary Police Service 12 years ago, after serving as a military police officer. He was promoted to Sergeant in 2019 and was most recently assigned to District 5.
While working to keep our streets safe, Andrew was struck by a vehicle fleeing a traffic stop. Despite the heroic attempts by his colleagues and members of EMS, he died as a result of his injuries.
There is a massive effort underway to locate and bring to justice those responsible for taking the life of one of our members. Dozens of sworn and civilian members are working around the clock tracking down each and every lead and these efforts will not stop.
#TheyAreOurHeroes #WeShallNotForget
Attachments
Harnett.jpg
Last edited by Ken7 on Jan 1st, 2021, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

R.I.P.

I hope they catch this person quickly and they get more than a slap on the wrist!
Last edited by Bsuds on Jan 1st, 2021, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

My condolences to His Family and Friends on their loss.

No one should lose their life for doing their job, because some :cuss: didn’t want to get caught. Hopefully this individual actually has a conscious and turns them self in.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

From CBC news

Calgary police have issued first-degree murder warrants for two men in the death of Sgt. Andrew Harnett.

Harnett died on New Year's Eve after police said he was struck by the vehicle of a driver trying to flee a traffic stop.

Amir Abdulrahman, 19, and Al-Azan Shah Muhammad, 17, are both sought in connection with the officer's death. Police allege Muhammad was driving the vehicle that struck and killed Harnett.

Police took the unusual step of making an application to the youth division of the Calgary Provincial Court in order to identify the youth wanted in this case.

The Calgary Police Service said the incident occurred around 10:50 p.m. Thursday in the area of Falconridge Boulevard and Falconridge Drive N.E.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

They will be caught and then our legal system will deal them a very stringent slap on the wrist. :swear: :-X
Balfour Der most likely will get them less than 5 years for the passenger and less than 10 for the driver.
He's that good. And the time will be reduced for time served and it will be double maybe triple due to the Wuhan situation in holding cells and pre-trial confinement.
That's all a life is worth now days. Does not matter whether you wear a badge or not.
Canada is embarrassing. :thumbsdown:
Last edited by JagXKR on Jan 2nd, 2021, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/32 ... er-s-death

first degree murder warrants out already, that means they already have proof that it was premeditated
like a terrorist act maybe
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/32 ... er-s-death

first degree murder warrants out already, that means they already have proof that it was premeditated
like a terrorist act maybe
What the warrant is for and what they end up getting charged can very easily be 2 different things.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Could be that plus a variety of other reasons they fled ... driver didn't have a DL, no insurance, stolen vehicle, concealed drugs, unregistered gun, stolen property, bail conditions broken.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
cr125
Board Meister

Post by cr125 »

I wonder if a lot of these young, outstanding.... citizens, ? figure their playing Grand Theft Auto, just hit reset and your good to go again.

My condolences to the families and Police force.
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

This makes sense.. again from the article... on the latest posting..
Police said Harnett had pulled over an SUV in the northeast Calgary shortly before 11 p.m. Harnett, who was a supervisor and working alone, noticed that the plates on the vehicle did not match its description and decided to pull it over
Ho hum two nice young fellows... out of a drive and of course was using a buddies.. vehicle.. got excited in the snow and ice... and headed for home... is how the judge will see it;... lol
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

https://globalnews.ca/news/7043597/poli ... as-canada/

The Calgary Police Service is so far the only major police force in the country that has equipped all its front-line officers with the tool. The police force implemented the service-wide roll out last year.

On the east coast, Fredericton equipped a handful of its officers with body-worn cameras back in 2018.

From the latest news online.

Neufeld said video of the incident shot from a police vehicle's dashcam and Harnett's own body camera has proven useful.

Why not Canada wide?
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jan 1st, 2021, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Some people should never have been born......who would ever post something like this.
9852B37F-98E7-4409-97C0-47D40E40CC3A.jpeg

Return to “Canada”