Online banking

Business and professional recommendations.
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Online banking

Post by Richadio »

Does anyone use an online banking service, ie virtual, not your brick and mortar type.
Has anyone heard of or use Canadian Tire banking (which I found to be 20% owned by ScotiaBank) or EQ Bank.

Looking to move some investment savings to better interest rate accounts.
FREEDOM's don't come from a vaccine, PRIVILEGE's do.
The TRUTH never denies EXAMINATION.
Replacement migration = White genocide.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Online banking

Post by oneh2obabe »

Have used 2 online banking services for years ... might drop into the brick and mortar branch once a year just to let them know I'm alive and kicking.

Friend uses Cdn. Tire bank - not sure how she likes it.

You might want to check out ManuLife Bank - they've been around for a long time and offer a variety of services. No brick and mortar branches but they do have what they call "financial advisors" across Canada that are readily accessible.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Haven’t been inside a bank for many years..no need.
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

Richadio wrote:Does anyone use an online banking service, ie virtual, not your brick and mortar type.
Has anyone heard of or use Canadian Tire banking (which I found to be 20% owned by ScotiaBank) or EQ Bank.

Looking to move some investment savings to better interest rate accounts.
Let me know.. time to open a new account... just cause.. somewhat like changing your shorts.... just seems to work better for some time ... the worst bank for service is T can Trust here in westbank... was a good 45 min in line to see a real teller,, then got a newbie.. in training.. grrrrr
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I’ve used ManuLife for several years and am happy. Better interest rates for storing cash.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Tangerine and Simplii, used both for 20 years.

Interest rates difference is nominal
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Richadio »

Thanks. Checked out Manulife but their HISA rates are 0.10% less than I am currently in at the bank.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Yeah, interest rates are crap everywhere. Not sure if its even worth shopping around.
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Richadio »

Been doing some research on ebanking services and have come across one of the best HISA and TFSA accounts.
EQBank or Equitable. Branches in major cities including Vancouver.
Has anyone used or is using this particular ebank and what are you thoughts about service and such.
Thanks
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Richadio wrote:Been doing some research on ebanking services and have come across one of the best HISA and TFSA accounts.
EQBank or Equitable. Branches in major cities including Vancouver.
Has anyone used or is using this particular ebank and what are you thoughts about service and such.
Thanks
It worries me that it says "Free EQ to EQ Transfers". Umh...does it mean transfers to other bank accounts are not free?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Even Steven wrote:It worries me that it says "Free EQ to EQ Transfers". Umh...does it mean transfers to other bank accounts are not free?
Daily limits for EQ to EQ transfers is $30,000/day VS $3,000/day for e-transfers. No fee to send or receive money via Interac e-transfer or Electronic Funds Transfer.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
AltaRed
Fledgling

Post by AltaRed »

Been using EQ Bank and LBC Digital for some of the most competitive consistent HISA rates. Easy to open and activate these accounts online in a matter of a few days, including needed links to external banks to transfer funds to/from. No paper forms to send in, no ID credentials to send in. They use Equifax or Transunion to validate identities needed by regulatory authorities.

This forum has all the possible details one could ever want to to know on at least a dozen online banks (fintechs).

Return to “Referrals”