Pet Peeves

A potpourri of off-topics.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by GordonH »

Lady tehMa wrote: Still working on it =_=
Just email from my friend, she said to hell with it.... it’s not worth aggravation.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Done!

It is worth it - that's going towards new windows.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Okay: "new year - new you"

This push to change everything on an arbitrary day. Rarely succeeds. I refuse to participate. If I'm ready to change, I will work towards it.

Also: I get that you've changed something in your life and you are thrilled but you sound like an Amway marketer trying to get me to sign up. If anything you are just annoying me further AWAY from your life change. I'm not going to become a vegan/minimalist/whatever and I'm sure as h-e-double-hockey-sticks not going to sign up for you to be my life coach!!!! :swear: :cuss: :swear:
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Not so much a pet peeve but "hmm, isn't that interesting" ... someone finally decides to start posting whether they joined years ago or a couple of months ago and have more likes than posts.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Why do teenage daughters have such sass?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^to keep dad on his toes ... depending on how old she is, you ain't seen nuthin' yet
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Grocery shopping for a few items and you end up coming home with 8 full bags.

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Idiotic people who think their dog wants to sit in the car while they do some grocery shopping. Idiot got out of her smallish car but left the sunroof open. Of course the dog went through the sunroof and took off running. Good thing one of the firefighters there caught the dog and fashioned a leash to keep the dog safe until the SFB's owner showed up.

Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Trying to get through to a particular telephone/internet/cable supplier and I just keep going round and round and round in circles.
Contact Us. Click on it a couple of times and I'm back where I started. :-X
Still have questions? Click on it and ...... I'm back where I started. :-X
Look for the little icon to "talk" to the computer. It's not there. :-X
Look for a place to e-mail them. No where. :-X
Maybe it's time for another nasty letter. But where to mail it? :-X

They win. [icon_lol2.gif]
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

THIS INSANITY. This faecal matter is being touted as "the right way to think" and I am getting tired of it!

https://www.campusreform.org/article?id ... n1PiPNPdgU
Academics called breastfeeding 'ethically problematic' because it endorses 'gender roles.' Their view is gaining traction.
U.S. academics wrote in a study published in 2016 that the promotion of breastfeeding as the "natural" way to feed infants is "ethically problematic."

The academics argued that the term "breastfeeding" could "endorse a controversial set of values about family life and gender roles."
Now, major hospitals in the United Kingdom are echoing these points.
IDIOTS.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

This is the Thought Police Orwell warned against. Go to a university now and talk about breast feeding being a womanly thing and you will be shouted down.

We live in an insane World now.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote:THIS INSANITY. This faecal matter is being touted as "the right way to think" and I am getting tired of it!
When I first saw that article I thought "this HAS to be satire!" Nope! Insanity is right!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Pet peeve: Castanet grammar. Especially in the headlines. Good grammar has went. Calls for service was down. Geez. Really? Was they?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/32 ... -over-2019
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Pet Peeve#1
So, Costco has been out of Novopheniram since at least last fall. For those not in the know, this is probably the best/cheapest antihistamine on the market. I object to having to pay substantially more for an antihistamine that doesn't work nearly as well. No one is carrying it, it's a supplier shortage and none of the pharmacies I've checked with have any idea of when more will be released to market.

Pet Peeve #2
Allergy season.
Waking up at 3:20 am with a sinus headache and then trying to get back to sleep after taking meds.
Sneezing and wheezing.
Having to use my inhaler because simply existing at this time of year exacerbates my asthma.

Taken together, they make a seriously annoying issue.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Lady tehMa wrote:Pet Peeve#1
So, Costco has been out of Novopheniram since at least last fall. For those not in the know, this is probably the best/cheapest antihistamine on the market. I object to having to pay substantially more for an antihistamine that doesn't work nearly as well. No one is carrying it, it's a supplier shortage and none of the pharmacies I've checked with have any idea of when more will be released to market.
Check your PM - found 2 bottles.

Return to “Grab Bag”