Okanagan Ski hills will be certain to close this year...

outtawind
Fledgling

Okanagan Ski hills will be certain to close this year...

Post by outtawind »

Wish this weren't the case - but certain neighbors of ours are assuring this is almost a certainty.

Revelstoke battling an outbreak due to skiers... property owners at local hills still inviting out of region visitors to their rentals. Without doing a 10 day quarantine before going out - they'll come in for the weekend and be home before they even know if they were the 'super spreader'.

Seems a few very greedy, selfish people don't mind shutting down a hill which thousands could enjoy if we all just behaved ourselves. Hope your $1,200 bucks in rent is worth shutting down our year.

If you have a rental and have out of towners coming in - time to ask yourself what kind of person you really are. Is it really worth risking everyone elses winter season?
lensbaby
Board Meister

Re: Okanagan Ski hills will be certain to close this year...

Post by lensbaby »

outtawind wrote:. . . time to ask yourself what kind of person you really are. Is it really worth risking everyone elses winter season?
Winter Season??? How about risk to lives?
Brushy Bill
Board Meister

Post by Brushy Bill »

Big White appears to be the leader for the downhill trajectory
Palliser
Fledgling

Post by Palliser »

lensbaby wrote:
outtawind wrote:. . . time to ask yourself what kind of person you really are. Is it really worth risking everyone elses winter season?
Winter Season??? How about risk to lives?

Ask yourself....Is it possible to be concerned about both? Is this a binary choice?
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

I hope they all close they shoulda been closed all along like other sports venues
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Boosted632 wrote:I hope they all close they shoulda been closed all along like other sports venues
nothing to see here https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#322053 :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Skiing is safer than going to Wal-Mart by a country mile, and even safer than going to work. There's almost nothing safer.

I spent 3 nights in Sun Peaks this past week, and the rules were very strict. If you didn't have your face covered up past your nose in line to get on the lift (and there was no one else in line because there are so few skiers allowed) they'd yell at you to pull your mask up. I don't think I was within 30 ft of anyone except the lift operators all week, and he lift operators were wearing masks and over 10 ft away. We rented a condo so never set foot inside where other people were at.

Unless you're a stupid moron who deserves to get covid, you will not get covid at the ski hill.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

Glacier wrote:Skiing is safer than going to Wal-Mart by a country mile, and even safer than going to work. There's almost nothing safer.

I spent 3 nights in Sun Peaks this past week, and the rules were very strict. If you didn't have your face covered up past your nose in line to get on the lift (and there was no one else in line because there are so few skiers allowed) they'd yell at you to pull your mask up. I don't think I was within 30 ft of anyone except the lift operators all week, and he lift operators were wearing masks and over 10 ft away. We rented a condo so never set foot inside where other people were at.

Unless you're a stupid *bleep* who deserves to get covid, you will not get covid at the ski hill.
You should head up to big white next :biggrin:
I wouldn't Have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their STUPIDITY
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Glacier wrote:Skiing is safer than going to Wal-Mart by a country mile, and even safer than going to work. There's almost nothing safer.

Unless you're a stupid *bleep* who deserves to get covid, you will not get covid at the ski hill.
how so
fact
covid cases at big white over 150
covid cases at walmart 1 ,2 maybe 3
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Boosted632 wrote: You should head up to big white next :biggrin:
Those cases are from idjit young people who work there, and then after hours have rip roaring parties.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

Pretty sure it has more to do with the super safe ski hill jamming 4 people into a tiny accomadation to save a nickel
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Boosted632 wrote:Pretty sure it has more to do with the super safe ski hill jamming 4 people into a tiny accomadation to save a nickel

not as much to save a nickel, more like make a killing $$$$$ off there low income staff , they had years to fix staff housing problems, they choose not to.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Boosted632 wrote:Pretty sure it has more to do with the super safe ski hill jamming 4 people into a tiny accomadation to save a nickel
I can only speak for Sun Peaks, but there was no riding up with people who aren't in your family. Lots of people going up by themselves or with one other. Also, more than half the chairs were empty, so you never had a line-up... That said, I was there mid-week, so maybe it was busier on the weekend, but probably not much busier since Sun Peaks has limited the number of passes to that of slightly more than Silver Star, but with twice as many lifts available and more skiing terrain than any other ski mountain in Canada except Whistler-Blackcomb.

Maybe Big effin' White would reduce the number of daily passes a little more.
Last edited by Glacier on Jan 17th, 2021, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Douglas Murray
Boosted632
Banned

Post by Boosted632 »

I was referring to their staff accomadations sorry shoulda been more specific im pretty sure the whole cluster thing started among their own staff

Return to “North Okanagan”