Anti mask protest in Vernon

nicholas p
Fledgling

Anti mask protest in Vernon

Post by nicholas p »

I don't understand why can't RCMP fine these protestors & the city hold the protest organizer liable for the health of the protestors & the medical bill if any one contracts COVID
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Anti mask protest in Vernon

Post by GordonH »

People are going to protest with or without fines being issued.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
nicholas p
Fledgling

Post by nicholas p »

GordonH wrote:People are going to protest with or without fines being issued.
Yes, for those people who fight for their rights they must be made aware that with freedom responsibility follows. If they demonstrate to achieve the rights then they must take responsibility for the fall out which is medical cost for the participants & all of them they passed COVID to.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

nicholas p wrote:I don't understand why can't RCMP fine these protestors & the city hold the protest organizer liable for the health of the protestors & the medical bill if any one contracts COVID

why should we listen to any of are so called leaders when they are the ones spreading it, https://www.cp24.com/news/a-list-of-pol ... -1.5252163 https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatch ... -1.5861930
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Fine them. Every time. And after they refuse to stop this nonsense, arrest for endangering the public and hold overnight for appearance before a judge in the morning.
nicholas p
Fledgling

Post by nicholas p »

the truth wrote:
nicholas p wrote:I don't understand why can't RCMP fine these protestors & the city hold the protest organizer liable for the health of the protestors & the medical bill if any one contracts COVID

why should we listen to any of are so called leaders when they are the ones spreading it, https://www.cp24.com/news/a-list-of-pol ... -1.5252163 https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatch ... -1.5861930
B'coz these leaders are elected by the public like you or got elected b'coz youchoose not vote.
Second thing if you don't want to listen to the leaders why don't you go into hospital and check with the staff who are like your brother, mother, father, sister, wife who are struggling to control this.
If leaders are not following it protest against them by not putting your and other people's health in risk
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

bob vernon wrote:Fine them. Every time. And after they refuse to stop this nonsense, arrest for endangering the public and hold overnight for appearance before a judge in the morning.
Will the same apply to all protests? Or will be pulling the smug entitlement card of social virtue for protests you agree with?

As for the OP, we allowed and endorsed BLM protests throughout the year, we were told our democratic right to assemble and voice our views was important to society, this is no different.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Protestors are not doing anything illegal. There's no law that says you can't stand outside. You don't have to wear a mask. Technically, you're supposed to social distance but it's no different from people walking around the mall, really.

Organizing protests on the other hand is illegal, and that's why organizers are the ones getting fined.

Proving that somebody contracted COVID at one particular event and thus putting the liability on the organizers is not possible.

Hope this helps.
lifegives
Board Meister

Post by lifegives »

OKkayak wrote: Will the same apply to all protests? Or will be pulling the smug entitlement card of social virtue for protests you agree with?

As for the OP, we allowed and endorsed BLM protests throughout the year, we were told our democratic right to assemble and voice our views was important to society, this is no different.
And the majority of the BLM protests occurred before we started the second wave, when the optimism felt like people who protest and follow the regulations could do so without impacting the overall health of society.

Though I feel that people protesting regulations meant to keep them safe is not in the same vein as people protesting being killed for the colour of their skin, the optics aren't the same. Protesting being inconvencienced versus protesting systemic racism isn't viewed the same by the majority is what is being shown.

Though, when in reality has anything been traeted perfectly equal?

Or maybe the fact that there wasn't enough pushback on the BLM protests are what has enabled the anti-mask protests to flourish? If they had shamed the BLM protestor s for not socially distancing maybe that would give more pause to those out there in the midst of the second-wave threatening to take it home to grandma.

Of course having David Lindsay be the leader of the Kelowna anti-mask rallies (and possbly Vernon?) would probably give the whole thing a bit of a different smell, not good that is. Just seems like these rallies are too fringe and being driven by con artists looking to fund something.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I think these folks need to get a life.

I mean, seriously, being asked to wear a mask for the short time you’re inside a store, is a big enough deal to spend a huge chunk of one of your days off protesting?

Give me a break!
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

for the same reason they never arrested or fined those morons that were doing the ridiculous BLM protests in vernon
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the diff is, blm is a hate group
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Merry wrote: I mean, seriously, being asked to wear a mask for the short time you’re inside a store, is a big enough deal to spend a huge chunk of one of your days off protesting?
That's not the problem.

Being told not to visit your family for Christmas or getting a fine for having a poker party or not being allowed to renew your passport are serious things.

These are the last years I would be able to see my grandparents. They all have health problems and have limited time left. I'm not allowed to visit them, have them over for Christmas, etc.

I understand why this is in place and didn't visit with them. If they do die before I and the rest of my family get to see them in person (it's been 6 months) then I will wonder why we bothered in the first place. I'm sure grandma will appreciate the last 6 months of her lonely life in solitude...

Some don't see the issues, they have contracted COVID and nothing happened to them, and they know 5 others with the same story so they ignore the rules and ask questions. They go to protests because they think the rest of the world needs to know the truth.

It's not the people who feel the need to protest who are wrong, it's all the information and rules which are not consistent across the board. It causes confusion in the smart people, not just people with no reasoning.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Sparki55 wrote:[It's not the people who feel the need to protest who are wrong, it's all the information and rules which are not consistent across the board. It causes confusion in the smart people, not just people with no reasoning.
I agree with you about the lack of consistency regarding the rules.

I know someone who recently flew to Vancouver on business, and was taken out for dinner while there. Yet I’m told I can’t have my friend over for a physically distanced coffee on my patio.

When I walk downtown, I see a local coffee shop full of seniors all sharing tables, and nothing is done about it. But we’re told it’s unsafe to have our parents over for dinner in our own home, even if we know they haven’t left their own home in months.

Crowds stand shoulder to shoulder participating in protests and, until recently, no action was taken. Yet I know people who think they’re supposed to step out into traffic, every time they see someone coming the other way on the sidewalk.

I saw a professional hockey team on TV; all hugging one another. Yet Junior teams have been told it’s unsafe for them to play.

Even though there are some justifications for many (not all) of these apparent discrepancies, the optics are terrible. And the Government need to realize that, because it’s the kind of thing that leads people to begin ignoring the guidelines.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The anti-maskers and Covid-conspirator believers just keep breaking the rules. It would be great to have the police suddenly go full totalitarian on them and bring out mace and sticks and send them home to think about it.

Return to “North Okanagan”