Why do you believe?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Why do you believe?

Post by occasional thoughts »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 18th, 2021, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 18th, 2021, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

A nice friendly listen - for those of faith.
3min clip

WOMAN STRUGGLES WITH HER SCREAMING BABY ON A FLIGHT UNTIL THIS HAPPENS...

https://www.bitchute.com/video/0CsCefiRUJvb/

Was it a test?

No doubt, they both believe.
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

DataCruncher wrote: Nov 22nd, 2022, 3:55 am A nice friendly listen - for those of faith.
3min clip

Was it a test?

No doubt they both believe in god. But did this god create both of those humans just so they would meet up at that moment and help eachother on a plane that day? If so, her prayer to god came way too late, his plan was already in action.
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

youjustcomplain wrote: Nov 22nd, 2022, 8:16 am
DataCruncher wrote: Nov 22nd, 2022, 3:55 am A nice friendly listen - for those of faith.
3min clip

Was it a test?

No doubt they both believe in god. But did this god create both of those humans just so they would meet up at that moment and help eachother on a plane that day? If so, her prayer to god came way too late, his plan was already in action.
You would have to ask God that question, but I don't think he'd want to hear you just complain about him.
[icon_lol2.gif] :135:

:1422:

Godspeed :)
"Once you see the strings of the marionettes - you can never watch the pantomime the same way again"
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

DataCruncher wrote: Nov 22nd, 2022, 9:24 am You would have to ask God that question, but I don't think he'd want to hear you just complain about him.

Isn't that quite the paradox. In order to understand why someone believes in god, I'd have to ask the god I don't believe in?
Besides, why wouldn't god want to hear my complaint if I had one? I mean, god choses to favor one sports team over another which is evidenced by the fact that the players reveal that they prayed to god for a win that day. It's clear that if god exists, that he listens to all sorts of meaningless stuff from idiots. I'd just be one more if I could ask god my questions. If I could though, I'd likely ask why he didn't provide me any evidence for his existence. Why he created me to be skeptical of him.

And for the record, I'm not complaining about god. I'm curious why people believe in him.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

youjustcomplain wrote: Nov 22nd, 2022, 9:59 am I'm curious why people believe in him.
Why do some people believe in a multitude of things?

Conspiracy theories, Alex Jones, Chemtrails,, the list is endless.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bsuds wrote: Nov 22nd, 2022, 10:20 am
youjustcomplain wrote: Nov 22nd, 2022, 9:59 am I'm curious why people believe in him.
Why do some people believe in a multitude of things?

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
Bring back the LIKE button.
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

youjustcomplain wrote: Nov 22nd, 2022, 9:59 am
DataCruncher wrote: Nov 22nd, 2022, 9:24 am You would have to ask God that question, but I don't think he'd want to hear you just complain about him.

Isn't that quite the paradox. In order to understand why someone believes in god, I'd have to ask the god I don't believe in?
Besides, why wouldn't god want to hear my complaint if I had one? I mean, god choses to favor one sports team over another which is evidenced by the fact that the players reveal that they prayed to god for a win that day. It's clear that if god exists, that he listens to all sorts of meaningless stuff from idiots. I'd just be one more if I could ask god my questions. If I could though, I'd likely ask why he didn't provide me any evidence for his existence. Why he created me to be skeptical of him.

And for the record, I'm not complaining about god. I'm curious why people believe in him.
I just got a text.
He said you're being an :cuss:

:135: [icon_lol2.gif]

However to answer your question " I'm curious why people believe in him "

I have had many experiences throughout this lifetime to believe that there is a greater power, and that there is more to life than what is present. Some, as myself, refer to that power as God, though none have seen.

Q:
You can't see the frequencies your radio, modem, dumb-phone, television etc... are sending/receiving.
So does that mean they don't exist?
And can they affect your thoughts, emotions, experiences, reactions etc.... ?

That said, I would like to share more, however, and for good reason here, won't.
You'll either find out for yourselves, or not, and nothing I or anyone else could state will help you understand.
If you haven't already listened and tapped into the Universe, maybe it's not your calling.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Bsuds wrote: Nov 22nd, 2022, 10:20 am Why do some people believe in a multitude of things?

Right. I left the question very open ended because I'm curious why people choose to believe in things. That's it. I put it in the religion forum though because that's what I find most interesting.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

DataCruncher wrote: Nov 22nd, 2022, 12:16 pm Q:
You can't see the frequencies your radio, modem, dumb-phone, television etc... are sending/receiving.

That said, I would like to share more, however, and for good reason here, won't.
You'll either find out for yourselves, or not, and nothing I or anyone else could state will help you understand.
If you haven't already listened and tapped into the Universe, maybe it's not your calling.
I think you've mixed something up. I'm not an anti-theist. I don't "believe" that god doesn't exist. I just don't believe that he does. I have no belief in god or in no god.

I've never concluded that god doesn't exist, just as I've never said that I only believe in things I can see. That would, indeed, be quite foolish.
Can things I can't see affect my thoughts/emotions, etc... Clearly some can. I can't sense, let alone see, carbon monoxide, but I know that too much of it kills me.

It's a shame you can't/won't share your reasons for belief. Your reasons are your own. Doesn't help me sadly.
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

youjustcomplain wrote: Nov 22nd, 2022, 1:52 pm
DataCruncher wrote: Nov 22nd, 2022, 12:16 pm Q:

I think you've mixed something up. I'm not an anti-theist. I don't "believe" that god doesn't exist. I just don't believe that he does. I have no belief in god or in no god.

I've never concluded that god doesn't exist, just as I've never said that I only believe in things I can see. That would, indeed, be quite foolish.
Can things I can't see affect my thoughts/emotions, etc... Clearly some can. I can't sense, let alone see, carbon monoxide, but I know that too much of it kills me.

It's a shame you can't/won't share your reasons for belief. Your reasons are your own. Doesn't help me sadly.
I thank you for that courtesy, and I would share it with you in private, not here, where there are a couple real a :cuss: holes who love to start a contest.
DataCruncher
Übergod

Post by DataCruncher »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 22nd, 2022, 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Off Topic
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

I believe (and I am a christian, though I don't regularly attend church) that there are many many planets out there in our Milky Way Galaxy and millions of other ones that have life on them. I wonder what other religious people believe? It would seem crazy not to think that with billions of galaxies, that each contain millions of planets, that we would be the only tiny planet that sustains life as we know it. Any comments?
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

pentona wrote: Nov 28th, 2022, 3:04 pm I believe (and I am a christian, though I don't regularly attend church) that there are many many planets out there in our Milky Way Galaxy and millions of other ones that have life on them. I wonder what other religious people believe? It would seem crazy not to think that with billions of galaxies, that each contain millions of planets, that we would be the only tiny planet that sustains life as we know it. Any comments?
I appreciate your point and perhaps one day more planets would be inhabited. If one believes in the Bible being the word of God than it would indicate that no other life is out there. For a good reason in fact. Having to do with Gods purpose. But for sure it’s possible one day that can change.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”