Politicians need to cut their salaries: A Petition

Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Politicians need to cut their salaries: A Petition

Post by Richadio »

FREEDOM's don't come from a vaccine, PRIVILEGE's do.
The TRUTH never denies EXAMINATION.
Replacement migration = White genocide.
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Politicians need to cut their salaries: A Petition

Post by jimmy4321 »

Dumb.
Cut it, all you'll attract are rich *bleep* looking for a pet project to add to some legacy :up:

A well managed one man show in the trades can easily make over six figures without the BS of every *bleep* citizen thinking they own your rear.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

What do you do? Let me know so I can start one to cut your wages........
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Richadio »

vegas1500 wrote:
What do you do? Let me know so I can start one to cut your wages........
:biggrin: [icon_lol2.gif] Well for starters I don't rob from citizens or people of my community much like most politicians do on a daily basis. I don't submit phony per diem requests when I am not representing my constituents.
You on the other hand must like paying yearly taxes to the state and have those you elected get paid for not doing what you elected them to do. I do not work for government just so you know.
FREEDOM's don't come from a vaccine, PRIVILEGE's do.
The TRUTH never denies EXAMINATION.
Replacement migration = White genocide.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jan 19th, 2021, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

oldtrucker wrote:This is a Band -Aid on a chainsaw wound.
Although I understand the point and feeling people have on this, the corruption is so rampant that wage cuts do nothing as the whole bleepshow needs to have the rug yanked out from under it.
This petition is a sign that I'm not alone in my thinking and its a start- albeit a small one.

Let's start a new federal party for full effect. If that party made any headway, we would see who quits and who stays...or, who is there for policy or who is there for paycheck.
I think we need to start removing some positions entirely. Governor/Lieutenant Generals to start as their sole position is to represent the Queen during special ceremonies. Why do we need the Queen of England represented in our independent Country of Canada? A report in 2018 shows the cost to keep Canada's Constitutional monarchy is 62,438,000$ per year, which includes their salaries, their office staff salaries, and all expenses they incur.

Interesting to note the salary for a Governor-General in 1990 was 87,000 and saw very modest increases each year till 2012 but in 2013 it jumped to 270,000 from 137,000 in 2012. A not so modest 98% salary increase. And that income wasn't taxable till just recently.

Justin Trudeau alone earns 345,000$ a year plus 2,000$ a month car allowance.

That is a prime example of what is wrong with our Government today, they are only in for the generous salaries and pensions.

Here's a link that shows the salary of each position held in the House, Senate and Governor Generals
https://lop.parl.ca/sites/ParlInfo/defa ... e/Salaries
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius

Return to “Canada”