Conservative MP Endorses Petition To Back Conversion Therap

cyruslosco66
Banned

Conservative MP Endorses Petition To Back Conversion Therap

Post by cyruslosco66 »

https://twitter.com/NoConversionCA/stat ... 24577?s=20

"Conservative MP
@MPMarilynGladu
has officially endorsed a petition to keep conversion therapy abuse legal in Canada under the guise of "freedom of religion". This is appalling and will empower perpetrators to attack LGBTQ2+ Canadians. "

I guess we will see how the Conservative leadership responds to this.
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Conservative MP Endorses Petition To Back Conversion Th

Post by bob vernon »

Generally when someone is forced into this conversion therapy, they are cajoled for hours in order to "drive out the devil" that is causing homosexuality. Eventually the person being "converted" wants out from the emotional exhaustion. At this point, the religious nuts who are trying to convert him or her, usually refuse. And from that point on, they are committing a crime. Even if it's a kid.

For a Conservative MP to approve of this therapy is awful. She isn't the only Conservative MP who approves of this. Conservative leadership candidate Derek Sloan is also onside with this cruel behaviour.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

indianlarry66 wrote:https://twitter.com/NoConversionCA/stat ... 24577?s=20

"Conservative MP
@MPMarilynGladu
has officially endorsed a petition to keep conversion therapy abuse legal in Canada under the guise of "freedom of religion". This is appalling and will empower perpetrators to attack LGBTQ2+ Canadians. "

I guess we will see how the Conservative leadership responds to this.
After actually reading the petition I believe you are completely incorrect in your assumption of what it means. I suggest rereading it.
She is not endorsing conversion therapy. Quite the opposite.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

common_sense_guy wrote: After actually reading the petition I believe you are completely incorrect in your assumption of what it means. I suggest rereading it.
i did read it and it says exactly what i think it says
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Richadio
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Richadio »

indianlarry66 wrote:
common_sense_guy wrote: After actually reading the petition I believe you are completely incorrect in your assumption of what it means. I suggest rereading it.
i did read it and it says exactly what i think it says
Exactly, what you think it says, not what you know it says. The petition just so happens to have her parliamentary photo attached, not meaning she endorsed the petition. The petition says just the opposite if you actually read the content of it. The petition actually is to stop the therapy, not continue its use.
FREEDOM's don't come from a vaccine, PRIVILEGE's do.
The TRUTH never denies EXAMINATION.
Replacement migration = White genocide.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Quote from the actual petition.
While all Canadians agree that no one should have to forcibly undergo a treatment they do not want, Bill C-6 prevents a person who of their own free will wants counselling or advice or prayer about their sexual confusion.

Now seriously. Mr. IndianLarry , how do you get that she is all for conversion therapy with that statement right there??. Stop inventing things please..
it appears people can read something and twist it to fit their own agenda which is in my opinion is dishonest, shameful, and does nothing to help Society when it's done on purpose..
Last edited by common_sense_guy on Jan 20th, 2021, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bob vernon wrote:
For a Conservative MP to approve of this therapy is awful.
And the only thing that is worse? People deliberately misrepresenting her stance.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Here is the petition: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Peti ... =432-00378

In my opinion, Gladu is mischaracterizing the legislation: https://parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/43-2/ ... st-reading

In essence, it does nothing to infringe on "religious rights" - other than to ban people from forcing children to undergo the horrible practice of conversion therapy. So in that sense, it does indeed place a limitation on "religious rights" that is entirely legitimate in a free and fair democracy.

Gladu is waaay out there suggesting that people should be allowed to do this, as children also have rights and freedoms that need to be protected.

And yes, my view is that "conversion therapy" can be classified as mental torture.

C-^ does allow people over 18 to freely and of their own free will go through it - provided nobody charges $ for it.

Gladu is out there on the fringes on this one!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

hobbyguy wrote:
Where is she even remotely involved in this?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:
Where is she even remotely involved in this?
Gladu is the MP sponsoring the petition to parliament. Gladu is "doing a Sloan" and just proves that depth of negative issues in the CPC/Reform is really deep.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

The Conservative party doesn't want to go into the election campaign, likely later this year, with these person members still in the party giving a bad image. Even if it costs them some seats as the religious right-wingers wind up in a party that will tolerate their views. There are several fundamentalist parties whose main platform is one of intolerance, laying on of hands, speaking in tongues, and stuff like that there.
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

It is clear that many Conservative Party of Canada MP’s believe that Bill C6 is an attack on citizens’ freedom of religion, conscience, expression, and beliefs. They also believe that the Bill severely curtails a citizen’s ability to speak publicly. They have presented amendments that would require a much narrower definition of what the Government views as "conversion therapy." Their amendments would specifically exclude private conversations in which personal views are expressed, as well as discussions/conversations with pastoral counselors, faith leaders, or religious leaders about sincerely held beliefs and expectations around gender identity and sexual expression.

However, the text of C6 clearly defines conversion therapy as a practice, service, or treatment established or formalized as an intervention, offered to the public or a specific segment of the public. The terms therapy, practice, service, and treatment are already defined in the Criminal Code. A simple conversation cannot be considered a practice, service, or treatment unless it forms part of a formalized intervention such as a talk therapy session.

C6 does not include or allude to family conversations, catechism classes, or bible studies. Those are protected under the Constitution Act. What is not protected is the practice of involuntary sexual conversion therapy. Unfortunately, in the past, many pastoral conversations with respect to sexuality and gender identity have taken the form of a series of prescribed “conversations” that take place over a series of weeks or even months. It is these prescribed “conversations” that Bill C6 would eliminate.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill

Return to “Canada”