Payette resigned

workingclasshero
Fledgling
Posts: 181
Joined: Nov 26th, 2007, 12:42 pm

GG of Canada

Post by workingclasshero »

Do you think we will ever see a report on the investigation into the abuse by
the GG of Canada to her employees? sounds like she was gaslighting.
her style is quite common amoungst our Government.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 32948
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: GG of Canada

Post by GordonH »

Hey your Royalness (Queen) this is something you can do, fire your representative asap.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66770
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: GG of Canada

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GordonH wrote:Hey your Royalness (Queen) this is something you can do, fire your representative asap.
Fire the brain dead idiot who chose her for the position. Way better for Canada on so many levels.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 32948
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: GG of Canada

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote: Hey your Royalness (Queen) this is something you can do, fire your representative asap.
The Green Barbarian wrote: Fire the brain dead idiot who chose her for the position. Way better for Canada on so many levels.
Canadian voters failed to do that last October.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4002
Joined: Oct 27th, 2008, 10:37 am

Re: GG of Canada

Post by bob vernon »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
GordonH wrote:Hey your Royalness (Queen) this is something you can do, fire your representative asap.
Fire the brain dead idiot who chose her for the position. Way better for Canada on so many levels.
You can't fire the Queen, even though I think we would be way better off without the royals, especially when we get King Chuck and Queen Camilla. Seriously, there's only ever been ONE Queen's representative ever removed from office in the British Empire or Commonwealth. It was here in BC in the 1800's and the Lt-Gov. tried installing his son as Premier even though the kid didn't have a seat in the Legislature. I'm sure Payette could be induced to retire if there was some kind of deal to buy her out.
User avatar
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14241
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: GG of Canada

Post by OKkayak »

bob vernon wrote:You can't fire the Queen
But you can fire the Prime Minister who recommends someone for the position.
User avatar
Gone_Fishin
Guru
Posts: 8443
Joined: Sep 6th, 2006, 7:43 am

Re: GG of Canada

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Fire the brain dead idiot who chose her for the position. Way better for Canada on so many levels.
Are Justin Trudeau and the GG having an extramarital affair? Sure seems like it, as he put her in that position despite knowing that she had killed another woman, and was also arrested for assault. Is it any wonder she has anger issues with her employees with a history of violence like that?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Whatever their filthy hands touch also catches the Niberal pox." - Skunky Girl, 2022
Sonny Taylor
Board Meister
Posts: 463
Joined: Jun 29th, 2005, 2:20 am

Re: GG of Canada

Post by Sonny Taylor »

I have thought for over 40 years now that Canada should entirely disconnect our relationship with the monarchy.

Since then I've been reminded again and again by polls that my thoughts are not shared by a clear majority of Canadians; apparently plenty of opposition to that idea over the years. My reasoning was that there is no real benefit to Canada, We don't need to report to British royalty, and with our ridiculous taxation rates in Canada we shouldn't be paying millions for useless ceremony.

When Julie Payette was appointed as our GG, I thought to myself that while I hate idea of a GG, maybe a former astronaut might somewhat acceptable. I guess that thought was mistaken. I liked her as an astronaut, but that's all changed now. I didn't even know about the fatal car accident or the assault charge mentioned above.

Now we face the prospect of having King Charles in the near future. Why do we carry on this charade?

A link about this debate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debate_on ... _in_Canada

It supports my memory of past polls and seems to confirm that many people still want to keep the monarchy.

Too bad for me I guess.
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 32948
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: GG of Canada

Post by GordonH »

Sonny Taylor wrote: I have thought for over 40 years now that Canada should entirely disconnect our relationship with the monarchy.

Since then I've been reminded again and again by polls that my thoughts are not shared by a clear majority of Canadians; apparently plenty of opposition to that idea over the years. My reasoning was that there is no real benefit to Canada, We don't need to report to British royalty, and with our ridiculous taxation rates in Canada we shouldn't be paying millions for useless ceremony.

When Julie Payette was appointed as our GG, I thought to myself that while I hate idea of a GG, maybe a former astronaut might somewhat acceptable. I guess that thought was mistaken. I liked her as an astronaut, but that's all changed now. I didn't even know about the fatal car accident or the assault charge mentioned above.

Now we face the prospect of having King Charles in the near future. Why do we carry on this charade?

A link about this debate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debate_on ... _in_Canada

It supports my memory of past polls and seems to confirm that many people still want to keep the monarchy.

Too bad for me I guess.
The monarchy remains in our Constitution, until a politician is willing to open up our Constitution and actually remove the whole monarchy thing. Nothing will change.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66770
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: GG of Canada

Post by The Green Barbarian »

bob vernon wrote:
You can't fire the Queen,
The Queen doesn't recommend our GG, our PM does. And our current Idiot in Chief Justin needs to take responsibility for his garbage choice here. But we all know he won't, and the media won't hold him to account.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
bernie428
Board Meister
Posts: 655
Joined: Aug 8th, 2011, 6:19 pm

Payette resigned

Post by bernie428 »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/govern ... -1.5882675

Go ahead, tell me she 'resigned'.
When you resign in the midst of a scandal, the report punted you to the curb.
She might be the worst GG in recent memory.
Buh bye.
User avatar
bb49
Guru
Posts: 5905
Joined: Jul 16th, 2019, 2:38 pm

Re: GG of Canada

Post by bb49 »

Payette is officially stepping down.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/govern ... -1.5882675
Gov.-Gen. Julie Payette and her secretary, Assunta di Lorenzo, are resigning after an outside workplace review of Rideau Hall found that the pair presided over a toxic work environment.
Last year, an independent consulting firm was hired by the Prime Minister's Office to review reports that Payette was responsible for workplace harassment and creating a toxic culture at Rideau Hall.

Now comes the interesting part, who will Justin replace her with?
I_am_a_Canadian
jimmy4321
Guru
Posts: 6844
Joined: Jun 6th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Re: Payette punted to the curb.

Post by jimmy4321 »

The Title to this thread is misleading, she resigned according to ALL the news i watched unless you have a source saying otherwise.
User avatar
Alien Head Dude
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14812
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Payette punted to the curb.

Post by Alien Head Dude »

jimmy4321 wrote:The Title to this thread is misleading, she resigned according to ALL the news i watched unless you have a source saying otherwise.
She had no choice but to resign jimmy. If she didn't Trudeau would have been forced to remove her.
Call out the partisan Cons on their erroneous ideological
rhetoric, and they'll start crying and report it as "baiting"
jimmy4321
Guru
Posts: 6844
Joined: Jun 6th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Re: Payette punted to the curb.

Post by jimmy4321 »

She still resigned, what if's isn't factual

Return to “Canada”