Payette resigned

plast63
Fledgling

Re: Payette punted to the curb.

Post by plast63 »

Canada is gone. This is not a country - this is a joke!!!
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

jimmy4321 wrote:The Title to this thread is misleading, she resigned according to ALL the news i watched unless you have a source saying otherwise.
I know, and generally I'm against do so, but she was hired on star power, which has proven to be useless in this case.
It's why I posted;

Go ahead, tell me she 'resigned'.
When you resign in the midst of a scandal, the report punted you to the curb.

As the old expression goes, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you :biggrin:
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

plast63 wrote:Canada is gone. This is not a country - this is a joke!!!
No, just some parts.
I'd say the checks and balances were slow, way too slow in my opinion, but they did work in the end.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Many are having a stroke over this , in my opinion a position i honestly believe shouldn't exist
kaitlyn

Re: Payette resigned

Post by kaitlyn »

The G.G. was not thoroughly vetted for the position. A search on the internet revealed she was accused of domestic abuse against her ex husband.....She fought to have this fact not disclosed for the sake of protecting her young son..The charge was expunged. She was also involved in a case where a pedestrian was struck and killed........she was relieved of these charges as they said the woman stepped out into the traffic

You cannot judge a book by its cover.....
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Ka-El wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote:The Title to this thread is misleading, she resigned according to ALL the news i watched unless you have a source saying otherwise.
She had no choice but to resign jimmy. If she didn't Trudeau would have been forced to remove her.
Trudeau could not have removed her. He could go to her and request that she resign, but under no circumstances can a Prime Minister force her out. If she wanted to, she could have remained. Perhaps a call from Justin to Queen Elizabeth, and then a call from the Queen to the Governor-General happened. But a PM cannot fire a Gov. Gen.

In the event of a minority government, the Gov-Gen. has to make some decisions, like asking first one party, and then another, to form a government if the first one fails. With the power of firing a GG hanging over that decision, a PM could fire and install another GG.

The only Gov Gen or Lt.Gov. ever removed by the Crown was right here in BC in the late 1800s when Lt. Gov. Robert McInnes tried to install his unelected son as Premier. More than once. And the PM and Queen Victoria removed him.
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

based on what?
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: GG of Canada

Post by Ken7 »

workingclasshero wrote:Do you think we will ever see a report on the investigation into the abuse by
the GG of Canada to her employees? sounds like she was gaslighting.
her style is quite common amoungst our Government.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rideau ... -1.5861952

I'm thinking we the common folks won't see it as Trudeau will cover it with cat litter and tel us all she moved on to other things.

Like she had bigger plans so to speak!
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

It’ll be interesting to hear Trudeau’s spin on this.. I’m willing to bet that instead of Trudeau admitting that he didn’t do his due diligence vetting Payette before offering her the GG position (Payettes record of being a bully greatly predates her being the GG) Trudeau will state that “we’ve all learned from this”... There’s no way in hell Trudeau will ever admit he made a huge mistake giving the position to Payette, Trudeau is far too arrogant to admit guilt.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

*looks around*
Nope, it's still here. A big ol' Canada. Might want to get eyes checked out, or refresh your maps.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

Good riddance to bad rubbish. She was an awful choice in the first place.
cyruslosco66
Banned

Re: GG of Canada

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Ken7 wrote:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rideau ... -1.5861952

I'm thinking we the common folks won't see it as Trudeau will cover it with cat litter and tel us all she moved on to other things.

Like she had bigger plans so to speak!
are you tryin to suggest the gg was mean if thats what it says because our pm told her to be mean ? otherwise its a stretch and a big one at that .
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Carrs Landing Viking wrote:Good riddance to bad rubbish. She was an awful choice in the first place.
Dumb choice made by a dumb man (Justin). And of course, none of the stench will waft onto him, as his protectors in the media will just deflect away all blame. In fact, once Gerald and Katie have briefed the usual suspects, somehow this will end up all being blamed on Erin O'Toole, or on one of Justin's underlings.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Septuagenarian wrote:Can the GG and the Senate. Then we'd have the perfect system.
Do you know what the Senate does? Would be good if our Senators were elected though.
Last edited by Ka-El on Jan 21st, 2021, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Really, how about a quick jaunt around the world, I suggest Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, North Korea, or any of the 185 countries on the world listed lower than Canada in quality of life. Canada isn't gone, its not perfect but we defiantly have a strong group of entitled first world spoiled brats who don't realize how good they have it.

Return to “Canada”