Poll for Humboldt truck driver

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Poll for Humboldt truck driver

Post by the truth »

oldtrucker wrote:
the truth wrote:he is doing and saying what he needs to do, not to get deported why is that so hard to understand

the guy is a scumbag https://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-n ... irat-sidhu he had 70 federal violations before he killed 16 people
I have multiple logbook violations over the years that I wasn't ticketed for. Everyone has logbook violations in the industry-it's part of the job of getting all the stuff people buy to them.
have you had 70 federal violations in 12 days like this guy
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

oldtrucker wrote:^^^When I first started with heavy trucks and I was being used and abused by opportunistic employers....yes, maybe even more.
thank you for your honesty :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote: have you had 70 federal violations in 12 days like this guy
Maybe read the whole story:
Sidhu was likely unaware of his log book responsibilities and unqualified to be in a truck that size on a secondary road, Scott Thomas, father of Evan Thomas, told reporters. He questioned the lack of federal oversight of the trucking industry.

“Maybe if more people had eyes on this situation, Mr. Sidhu never would have got on the road, let alone been in a position to violate that many traffic regulations,” Scott Thomas said.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

the truth wrote:he is doing and saying what he needs to do, not to get deported why is that so hard to understand

the guy is a scumbag https://thestarphoenix.com/news/local-n ... irat-sidhu he had 70 federal violations before he killed 16 people
So?? That doesn't mean he doesn't feel remorseful for what happened. People break driving laws every single day, and if they got in an accident that doesn't mean they wouldn't feel remorseful.

I understand that this is your opinion, that doesn't make it a fact.
hail Satan y'all
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Fancy wrote:
the truth wrote: have you had 70 federal violations in 12 days like this guy
Maybe read the whole story:
Sidhu was likely unaware of his log book responsibilities and unqualified to be in a truck that size on a secondary road, Scott Thomas, father of Evan Thomas, told reporters. He questioned the lack of federal oversight of the trucking industry.

“Maybe if more people had eyes on this situation, Mr. Sidhu never would have got on the road, let alone been in a position to violate that many traffic regulations,” Scott Thomas said.
typical of these days, always some else's fault
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

the truth wrote:typical of these days, always some else's fault
Actually in this case the company was also under fire - go back and read through this because it's obvious there's going to be a repeat of discussion that has already occurred.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=77923&hilit=humboldt&start=585
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I have my own personal opinion on this matter, since I didn’t lose a loved one in this tragedy my opinion means nothing.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

the truth wrote:
oldtrucker wrote:^^^When I first started with heavy trucks and I was being used and abused by opportunistic employers....yes, maybe even more.
thank you for your honesty :smt045
Like Old Trucker I have worked for a couple lousy companies telling us to all lie on our logs and even avoid the scales.
I think I have only worked for one company that didn't ask me to bend the truth a little, and it is a division of the Castlegar professional driving school. Since I lived 3 minutes from their shop they asked me to stand by whenever someone was cutting it close.

I still voted to send him back to India but out of principle
I know it wasn't intentional. I know he will suffer from the memory for the rest of his life. If I had a family member on the bus I would have even forgiven him by now.
However I also believe others may use the case as precedent in court if we don't send him packing.

What I am now starting to wonder about is what will he be returning to in India.
Will it be a normal lifestyle or will he be subject to cruel and inhumane punishment?
The answer could change my vote.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 21st, 2021, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 21st, 2021, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Seems like the general consensus is the driver IS remorseful and why there is support to have him stay in Canada.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 21st, 2021, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 21st, 2021, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Fancy wrote:Seems like the general consensus is the driver IS remorseful and why there is support to have him stay in Canada.
I guess I'm just cold hearted, but I feel when you are given a new chance in a great country like Canada and you use that chance to mow down a bus load of kids, you don't deserve a second chance.

I can even feel sympathy for him, but I don't think staying is fair.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and in todays news, families want this killer gone https://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/families-o ... -1.5276877

Return to “Canada”