Payette resigned

George Orwell 1984
Lord of the Board

Re: Payette resigned

Post by George Orwell 1984 »

Apparently she experienced things” differently “

“While no formal complaints or official grievances were made during my tenure, which would have immediately triggered a detailed investigation as prescribed by law and the collective agreements in place, I still take these allegations very seriously. Not only did I welcome a review of the work climate at the OSGG, but I have repeatedly encouraged employees to participate in the review in large numbers. We all experience things differently, but we should always strive to do better, and be attentive to one another’s perceptions.”

And again a need to spend more time with family along with we must do better. Good grief has she got jagmeet and trudeau writing her lines? Of course we all know that the only requirement is to say your sorry.
Last edited by George Orwell 1984 on Jan 21st, 2021, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

I posted this on another topic not two days ago and here we have this news article coming out now.

I think we need to remove some positions entirely starting with Governor/Lieutenant Generals as their sole position is to represent the Queen during special ceremonies. Why do we need the Queen of England represented in our independent Country of Canada? A report in 2018 shows the cost to keep Canada's Constitutional monarchy is 62,438,000$ per year, which includes their salaries, their office staff salaries, and all expenses they incur.

Interesting to note the salary for a Governor-General in 1990 was 87,000 and saw very modest increases each year till 2012 but in 2013 it jumped to 270,000 from 137,000 in 2012. A not so modest 98% salary increase. And that income wasn't taxable till just recently.

We could save a lot of money each year by getting rid of the Monarchy Representatives in Canada.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

Checks and balances, some of them 150 years old.
Or you can pretend you know everything.
From the article;

To select Payette, Trudeau abandoned a formal panel set up by the previous Conservative government to make viceregal appointments, and instead moved the decision into his office.
George Orwell 1984
Lord of the Board

bernie428 wrote:Checks and balances, some of them 150 years old.
Or you can pretend you know everything.
From the article;

To select Payette, Trudeau abandoned a formal panel set up by the previous Conservative government to make viceregal appointments, and instead moved the decision into his office.
Well of course he did and now the astronaut is gone but we still have a space cadet.
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

[/quote]

Well of course he did and now the astronaut is gone but we still have a space cadet.[/quote]

Good one! :130:
:up:
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

It'll be interesting to see where she lands.
She says she's also leaving due to a sick family member so maybe it's be a few months before she goes job hunting. The Liberal party maybe? With this resignation I doubt any private company would hire her.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: GG of Canada

Post by Ken7 »

indianlarry66 wrote:
Ken7 wrote:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rideau ... -1.5861952

I'm thinking we the common folks won't see it as Trudeau will cover it with cat litter and tel us all she moved on to other things.

Like she had bigger plans so to speak!
are you tryin to suggest the gg was mean if thats what it says because our pm told her to be mean ? otherwise its a stretch and a big one at that .

Larry between you and Brass Monkey you try to put words in my mouth. If you go back to what I posted I never said she was, however the people she supervised apparently think she was not nice.

I did say Trudeau will cover in in kitty litter and make up a story to cover her as he made another screw up by appointing her.
George Orwell 1984
Lord of the Board

A lot of people in her office didn’t think she was “nice”

Four members of Payette’s communications team have departed during the pandemic period alone. A fifth person is leaving this week and another two have taken leaves of absence. It’s just the latest wave of staff to quietly transfer out of the small office in response to mistreatment during Payette’s mandate,” multiple sources told the CBC.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George Orwell 1984 wrote:A lot of people in her office didn’t think she was “nice”

Four members of Payette’s communications team have departed during the pandemic period alone. A fifth person is leaving this week and another two have taken leaves of absence. It’s just the latest wave of staff to quietly transfer out of the small office in response to mistreatment during Payette’s mandate,” multiple sources told the CBC.
and this all was caused by the hubris of our idiot PM. What a meat-head. I guess he knew no matter how bad a GG this Payette ended up being, he somehow could just dodge all blame, and have zero accountability as usual. So who is his next stupid pick? Everything that jerk does has to be virtue-signaling, and so we know it won't be based on anything other than how much applause he can garner from the brainless PC people out there.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
and this all was caused by the hubris of our idiot PM. What a meat-head. I guess he knew no matter how bad a GG this Payette ended up being, he somehow could just dodge all blame, and have zero accountability as usual. So who is his next stupid pick? Everything that jerk does has to be virtue-signaling, and so we know it won't be based on anything other than how much applause he can garner from the brainless PC People out there.

For a moment think about it.

He could pick or divide 24 grade 3 students into two groups to play soccer. He can pick his own nose, but really.

He has no training in management, very little work experience where he might be on a selection committee for new employees.

How would he have a clue on selecting the right candidate for any position?

Just like the people who voted for him, look at his history, he never had a career or any business or management training. I forgot most of those voting for him just wanted pot legalized...good choice!!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Ken7 wrote:
Just like the people who voted for him, look at his history, he never had a career or any business or management training. I forgot most of those voting for him just wanted pot legalized...good choice!!
That, and to change Canada's voting system to those of loser countries like Belgium, whereby we get every crack-pot party conceivable getting a seat in our Parliament. These people were STUPID enough to trust Trudeau in his "promise" to change the voting system, so much so that we ended up in Kelowna with a Liberal MP, whose name escapes me. What an injustice that was.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

To quote Ralph Kramden (Jackie Gleeson) of the Honeymooners.........."BANG, ZOOM, TO THE MOON PAYETTE"..........you :cuss: pig at the trough!

BYE BYE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qw86DsdZ0
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Hurtlander wrote:It’ll be interesting to hear Trudeau’s spin on this.. I’m willing to bet that instead of Trudeau admitting that he didn’t do his due diligence vetting Payette before offering her the GG position (Payettes record of being a bully greatly predates her being the GG) Trudeau will state that “we’ve all learned from this”... There’s no way in hell Trudeau will ever admit he made a huge mistake giving the position to Payette, Trudeau is far too arrogant to admit guilt.
You called that one.

Gerry and Katie dusted off one of the Kokanee Groper's old excuses and she read it word for word.
"We all experience things differently, but we should always strive to do better, and be attentive to one another’s perceptions,"
The worst part is, there are idiots that drink that down like Lizzy May hitting the booze at an open bar wedding.

I wonder if she'll move into the cottage with Groper instead of sneaking in the back door at night?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Gone_Fishin wrote:
The worst part is, there are idiots that drink that down like Lizzy May hitting the booze at an open bar wedding.

I wonder if she'll move into the cottage with Groper instead of sneaking in the back door at night?

Justin Trugroper

Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Definitely two outcomes I'll be watching for, where she pops up in the future, and most importantly the spin Justin puts on this.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “Canada”