Payette resigned

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Re: Payette resigned

Post by lesliepaul »

Payette, this poor excuse for a human had a very narrow "comfort zone" in life where she was accepted (maybe she wasn't). Outside of that world of hers she was a COMPLETE FAILURE........she will be alone (with our tax money) until her box goes in the ground because she was never "wired" to get along in society.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

So since Justin is currently living in Payette's "cottage" at Rideau Hall, now she's gone can he take over her full residence?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Post by 1092 »

Why, oh why do we need the Queens representative in Canada, GG and 10 Lieutenant Governors to represent a foreign power, money could be better used. How much are these people getting in pensions????? Fire the lot of them and use the money for health, JT, you dont have the b**ls!!!
2manyfords
Übergod

Post by 2manyfords »

1092 wrote:Why, oh why do we need the Queens representative in Canada, GG and 10 Lieutenant Governors to represent a foreign power, money could be better used. How much are these people getting in pensions????? Fire the lot of them and use the money for health, JT, you dont have the b**ls!!!
Pretty sure the concept of a GG, et all, is not up to JT.

Although, I as one, don't really see the purpose. :up:
Trying to think of something profound, and full of wisdom to place here...any suggestions?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/d ... d=msedgntp

Now this just should not be right. Failed to do her 5 year term. Now will get $149 K a year until she dies. Not so bad, nice job Trudeau!! Like giving you friend a cash for life lotto ticket!
Last edited by Ken7 on Jan 22nd, 2021, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

2manyfords wrote: Although, I as one, don't really see the purpose. :up:
It's largely ceremonial (tradition) and hardly worth the obscene pension will she will get from it.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Along with the pension, former governors general are entitled to a lifetime expense program that gives them access to up to $206,000 per year from the budget of the Office of the Secretary to the Governor General.

All former GG's can bill the government but most fall in the under $100K bracket. Exception is Adrienne Clarkson.
Former governor general Adrienne Clarkson is still billing Canadian taxpayers more than $100,000 a year in office expenses, and has now claimed more than $1.1 million in such expenses since she left Rideau Hall in 2005.

The expenses, paid through an unusual program that allows former governors general to bill for office expenses for the rest of their life, is used by other former governors general as well. But only Clarkson is regularly billing more than $100,000 annually, which means her expenses show up as a separate line item in the federal government’s public accounts.
https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... n-expenses
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jan 22nd, 2021, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Ka-El wrote:
2manyfords wrote: Although, I as one, don't really see the purpose. :up:
It's largely ceremonial (tradition) and hardly worth the obscene pension will she will get from it.
Right.
It is a largely ceremonial position which does not require a rocket scientist or a space cadet to do it.
It requires a PR person. Someone who knows when and how to smile, put on parties for the diplomats.
It does not require an A-type personality who is a *bleep*.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

oldtrucker wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:Payette, this poor excuse for a human had a very narrow "comfort zone" in life where she was accepted (maybe she wasn't). Outside of that world of hers she was a COMPLETE FAILURE........she will be alone (with our tax money) until her box goes in the ground because she was never "wired" to get along in society.
Failure?
I would give anything to have a resume like hers and to have had the experiences she has.
Her resume may have looked impressive at one time....
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

lesliepaul wrote:Payette, this poor excuse for a human had a very narrow "comfort zone" in life where she was accepted (maybe she wasn't). Outside of that world of hers she was a COMPLETE FAILURE.....
:135: Failure? You do know she was an astronaut, right? Removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jan 23rd, 2021, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Ka-El wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:Payette, this poor excuse for a human had a very narrow "comfort zone" in life where she was accepted (maybe she wasn't). Outside of that world of hers she was a COMPLETE FAILURE.....
:135: Failure? You do know she was an astronaut, right? How close to a functioning space capsule do you think you'll ever get?
I'm pretty sure the reference was to her COMPLETE FAILURE as the Governor General.

#StandUpToJewishHate
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Ka-El wrote:
:135: Failure? You do know she was an astronaut, right? How close to a functioning space capsule do you think you'll ever get?
"Outside of that world of hers".............the word "world" was her "space" world.........I see clarification was needed for some of the non-astronauts here on Castanet.

Her world NOW is closer to "Lost in Space"..........as the robot from that series would say to her today........."DANGER, DANGER JULIE PAYETTE".

"Payette.......this is Major Tom.........we've disconnected your life-support".
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

oldtrucker wrote: Failure?
I would give anything to have a resume like hers and to have had the experiences she has.
I agree with you she is not a failure.

I do feel she was not suited for the position she held and that appears to be evident.

You can be well educated and fit in with some groups. I feel to be in a position of manager or leader, you need some education in that area. If you do not have it, many times you lead as you were led.

I was very fortunate to have many training courses. I took the admirable qualities from each of my previous Sergeants. In the end I had no problems with any subordinates.

When Payette was criticized by most everyone in her office, I think there is a problem with her ability in management of people and working with others.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

https://leaderpost.com/opinion/cohen-pa ... 1611364248

It would appear Payette was unhappy. Interesting article, she wanted to leave in 2009 already.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I'm sure she is drying any tears with all that lifetime pension monies she'll get..
She didn't even own that she was difficult to work for
and of course Mr Yappy JT is suddenly mute on the subject
AS to who will replace her? Justin will pick another Woman, if he's smart he will select an Indigenous woman.

I nominate the following ( and intent to msg him with same selection"
Alanis Obomsawin - Director, one of the acclaimed Indigenous Directors in the World

Marion Buller - jurist

Sheila Watt-Cloutier - Nobel Peace prize nominee

Buffy Saint Marie - because she is a legend
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Canada”