Costco....This just In

A potpourri of off-topics.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Re: Costco....This just In

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Actually Pepsi, Mountain Dew Rootbeer , and a few more... very large cup ... and they don't care if you top it up when you leave.. when food court is open..... no food loitering at present time..
Yeah the hot dogs are pretty good.. and there is ketchup , relish, onions if you ask, and maybe hot peppers... all included plus the large pop....... cheapest place I know if in Canada to eat.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Mrmarvingardens wrote:Please reread the post.."is it possible"
It was not long ago that Wal-Mart had 20 cashiers. .Now it has 12 self serve check outs and how many cashiers|?
I am not a Costco member.
I have always wondered why someone would pay a store a membership fee
I have always wondered why a non member would give a crap about why others have a membership.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Mrmarvingardens wrote:Please reread the post.."is it possible"
It was not long ago that Wal-Mart had 20 cashiers. .Now it has 12 self serve check outs and how many cashiers|?
I am not a Costco member.
I have always wondered why someone would pay a store a membership fee
vegas1500 wrote:
I have always wondered why a non member would give a *bleep* about why others have a membership.
If someone has never shopped there they have no basis to comment or complain and don't know what they might be missing.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

The extremely liberal refund policy is also a major benefit.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

There is one drawback to shopping there, there is not much offered in smaller quantity. So for a single person you may be doing a lot of freezing or have a large supply. . But for 3 or more in a household , or splitting with others it Is quite good ..
Low enough prices that some people buying there are reselling in retail stores.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Family of 4, have the Executive Membership - that's $126 cost per year. Our reward voucher for the year ended up being $175 or so and we do the Capital One Mastercard as well (use it, pay it off when we get home) and that ended up being about $205 back this past year. So, a net gain of $254 or so. And most things are cheaper when you buy bulk. The last visit to the warehouse I was coupon shopping (executive specials) and according to the receipt I had, I had $37.50 off my bill for the coupons/sales. 95% of what we buy there is food, rarely buy other things. For us, it is definitely worth it.
I haven't failed until I quit.
CrystalCity
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CrystalCity »

Scrobins94 wrote: Rumored. Any source you can share?

That rumor started back when IKEA was opening smaller stores, unfortunately.
JayByrd]There's a lot of money in Kelowna. The typical Ikea customer (please don't take this as an insult) doesn't have a lot of money. There's not enough poor people here to make Ikea viable.
(Metro) Kelowna itself, no, but the surrounding area, yes, if you factor in Vernon and Penticton. It'd also draw in shoppers from Kamloops, Merritt, and Salmon Arm.
Not even the blood that flows through my veins is my own.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

CrystalCity wrote: That rumor started back when IKEA was opening smaller stores, unfortunately.
My understanding was those were pick up points for online ordering and not retail outlets.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Bsuds wrote:
CrystalCity wrote: That rumor started back when IKEA was opening smaller stores, unfortunately.
My understanding was those were pick up points for online ordering and not retail outlets.
These "smaller" Ikea stores that they had plans for were going to handle the smaller items that are in demand.......booksheves, small end tables, kitchen items, lamps, bedsheets, picture frames.......etc......AND be the pick up location for other online orders.
CrystalCity
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CrystalCity »

Bsuds wrote:
That's a "Collection Point", which Kelowna already has. I guess only time will tell if something bigger arrives.
Not even the blood that flows through my veins is my own.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Even Steven wrote:Self check out at Costco would be fantastic.
There are at least 6 self-checkouts at the Costco in Greater Victoria.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Bsuds wrote:
I do like Ikea but their furniture is sure boring.
Have they even changed the basic design in the last 30 years :135:
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

JayByrd wrote:The typical Ikea customer (please don't take this as an insult) doesn't have a lot of money. There's not enough poor people here to make Ikea viable.
LOL, yeah, no. Lots of money in Metro Van and with the amount of high end cars sitting in the parking lots at both locations here day in and day out, I'd argue that there are just as many people with money shopping there than there are without.
stuphoto wrote:Have they even changed the basic design in the last 30 years :135:
They offer new products all the time, but for the basics, no point in fixing what ain't broke and what sells.

As far as cheap store hot dogs go, you can't beat Costco's - bit of ketchup, mustard, onions and saurkraut :up: As far as IKEA goes, their weenies are OK, but we always go for the veggie dog with remoulade, pickled red cabbage and crispy onions :smt045
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I'll have to find someone with a membership to Costco to try the hotdog
IKEA cafeterias are what I imagine eating in prison is like
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Mrmarvingardens wrote:I have always wondered why someone would pay a store a membership fee
It was explained to me years ago as to why one had to have a membership at Mountain Equipment, it was because of liability.
Not sure if it is true really but evidently one cannot sue if you are a member of the company you are wanting to sue. With MEC selling climbing ropes and the likes, might be a way to prevent expensive litigation if there was an equipment failure.
Perhaps Costco being American and the no end of frivolous lawsuits down there, it is company policy for shoppers to be a member to reduce or eliminate expensive lawsuits??
I am not wealthy but I am rich

Return to “Grab Bag”