Costco....This just In

A potpourri of off-topics.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Costco....This just In

Post by stuphoto »

OKkayak wrote: As far as IKEA goes, their weenies are OK, but we always go for the veggie dog with remoulade, pickled red cabbage and crispy onions :smt045
I will have to try their veggie dogs sometime.
twofingers
Board Meister

Post by twofingers »

Most recently, Costco earned $768 million in year-on-year membership revenue, and it's these funds from membership fees that make up the core of Costco's profits.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

There is no doubt and no comparison between Costco dogs and Ikea dogs. Its Costco all the way!!! 100% hands down winner wiener . First off its a much bigger piece of quality meat. Fresher buns and way better condiments choice. Throw in a sugary watered down or over syrup Pepsi and its heaven folks. All for a mere buck n a half. Its a romantic date nite I splurge for the wife bein a high roller myself. Tailgate party!! An idea for a new Castanet poll?? Winner wiener poll. You also get to watch the 5 star chefs prepare your dinner right in front of you. Just a side note re veggie dog. No such thing!!!! Nope sorry no way. Hot dogs have been carefully prepared for years and its only all meat !! Do not compare meat dogs with veggie dogs. Veggie circular tube thing is what they are now called. Sorry peeps.
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Things that don't change are quite reassuring in these crazy times. Like cheap Costco hotdogs and the rumours of IKEA coming to Kelowna every time a large retail space is on it's way. Gives me the warm fuzzies reading this thread.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Noisy Boater wrote:There is no doubt and no comparison between Costco dogs and Ikea dogs. Its Costco all the way!!! 100% hands down winner wiener . First off its a much bigger piece of quality meat. Fresher buns and way better condiments choice. Throw in a sugary watered down or over syrup Pepsi and its heaven folks. All for a mere buck n a half. Its a romantic date nite I splurge for the wife bein a high roller myself. Tailgate party!! An idea for a new Castanet poll?? Winner wiener poll. You also get to watch the 5 star chefs prepare your dinner right in front of you. Just a side note re veggie dog. No such thing!!!! Nope sorry no way. Hot dogs have been carefully prepared for years and its only all meat !! Do not compare meat dogs with veggie dogs. Veggie circular tube thing is what they are now called. Sorry peeps.
[icon_lol2.gif]

Something about using the term quality meat when referring to a hot dog just makes for a good chuckle. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

There is a lot of lower priced hotdogs on the market, that are way cheaper than what Costco uses.
No they do not cheap out just to sell at a low price... and they have 2 choices even..
Polish or Frankfurter I think.. i prefer the Polish... :130:
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Mrmarvingardens
Board Meister

Post by Mrmarvingardens »

The good news....you dont need a membership to buy a hotdog....at least not yet..
Just tell them you are going to the prescription department, which is also non membership
Since covid though its a bummer :-X .
You can\t help yourself to the sauerkraut and mustard and onions..Those goodies are handed to you in ilttle packets
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

The weiners Costco uses in the $1.50 hotdog are the same ones they sell in the coolers........Sodium 54%. I prefer their All Beef Weiners that come in the 3-pack.........Sodium 27%
hinderdale

Post by hinderdale »

Sorry to break it to you all, but IKEA would never open up a store in Kelowna. There simply isn't a demand and Kelowna is too small no matter what how loud residents claim "we are a big city with serious big city traffic jam, money and an international airport".
I hate when Kelowna claims to be a big city because it sounds like a 5-year old boy talking like a grownup.

Kelowna CMA population (194,882) is smaller than Victoria (367,770), Saskatoon (295,095) or Regina (236,481) and they don't have IKEA and IKEA isn't planning to open one.

Calgary (1,392,609) and Edmonton (1,321,426) has 10x the population of Kelowna and still only got one IKEA store each.

Vancouver (2,463,431) has only two stores, even when they have 180,518 more people living in Abbotsford-Mission and 101,512 in Chilliwack, all within one hour drive.

The busiest shopping day at Orchard Park Mall is comparable to a typical day in a local supermarket at any major cities. You'll see more foot traffic in Metrotown Mall at 9 am before opening than the busiest shopping day at Orchard Park, despite the fact Vancouver has other major malls across the city and we got only one.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Not even sure what all the hype regarding Ikea is all about? So we don't have a store that sells crap stick furniture, big deal, NOT.

Just go to Jysk, same junk different pile. [icon_lol2.gif]
Mrmarvingardens
Board Meister

Post by Mrmarvingardens »

I knew it and someone just confirmed my suspicions.
It is not the meat in the Costco hot dog.Its the sodium that turns me on.
Couldn't figure out why I almost fell over after eating one.
Now I know. That is what I like about the posts on here.
DEEP THOUGHTS!
By the way, has anyone heard when the new Costco will be opening?????? :D This kind of news gets me excited!
Saw a real estate ad the other day: It advertised a condo for sale.."near the new Costco" .Is this a benefit?
You gotta like some of the local real estate sales people :135:
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

hinderdale wrote:Sorry to break it to you all, but IKEA would never open up a store in Kelowna. There simply isn't a demand and Kelowna is too small no matter what how loud residents claim "we are a big city with serious big city traffic jam, money and an international airport".
I hate when Kelowna claims to be a big city because it sounds like a 5-year old boy talking like a grownup.
Absolutely true.

This point has been brought up many many many times. No one listens. It's not going to happen. Why does it constantly get brought up?
Urban Cowboy wrote:Not even sure what all the hype regarding Ikea is all about? So we don't have a store that sells *bleep* stick furniture, big deal, NOT.

Just go to Jysk, same junk different pile. [icon_lol2.gif]
Right? I moved recently and had to leave the Ikea stuff behind for junk removal. The movers said if they tried to move it, it would fall apart. You get what you pay for. Junk that doesn't last.
Leader

Post by Leader »

Mrmarvingardens wrote:First the good news....
Costco is still selling its lost leader hot dogs and pop for 2 bucks....
But...the bad news??
You now order your food via a touch screen..no staff to process your order
Which causes me to pause.
Maybe.
THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING I READ TODAY. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? UNDER A ROCK?
Is it possible that the new Costco will use tap and go self serve in its new store?
Last edited by ferri on Jan 30th, 2021, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Mrmarvingardens wrote: By the way, has anyone heard when the new Costco will be opening?????? :D This kind of news gets me excited!
Saw a real estate ad the other day: It advertised a condo for sale.."near the new Costco" .Is this a benefit?
You gotta like some of the local real estate sales people :135:
Who knows perhaps the disenchanted ones living beside the proposed new Costco will all sell, and in the process low income housing will be a side effect. :biggrin:
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Does anyone remember the ads where Michael J was advertised Big White tickets being available at Costco?
At that time their Hot Dog prices were $2 and in the add he actually said
how about their $1 Hot Dogs
[icon_lol2.gif]
It made me wonder if he had ever been there.

And don't forget about their Pizza.
Not the best in town but tough to beat their price for 2 huge pieces.

Return to “Grab Bag”