Diabetes

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Diabetic Glucose Testing.

Post by Fancy »

I've seen an ad on TV and just looked up the system. I'm sure there are a few posters here that are interested in your experience Bsuds. It's got to make testing so much more convenient.

https://www.freestyle.abbott/ca/en/products/libre.html
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Diabetic Glucose Testing.

Post by Bsuds »

Fancy wrote:I've seen an ad on TV and just looked up the system. I'm sure there are a few posters here that are interested in your experience Bsuds. It's got to make testing so much more convenient.

https://www.freestyle.abbott/ca/en/products/libre.html
It definitely is more convenient and less painful than poking your fingers many times a day.

The biggest drawback is the cost which I am lucky that our Insurance covers 100% and the fact if you are not careful you can knock them off your arm. I have done that a couple of times.

It gives you instant information as to what your Blood sugars are and you can adjust accordingly.

I was busy yesterday and when I tested I was having a low so I grabbed a couple of chocolates to compensate. Previously I would not have known and that would be dangerous.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

The total cost of Diabetes to taxpayers.

Post by Thinktank »

I never understood why I must start a new thread every time but ...

Because this topic doesn't quite fit in another thread, so here goes:
Bsuds wrote:As well as being Type 2 diabetic I also have loss of Kidney function. I see the Nurse at IH once in awhile for tracking that.

She is Type 1 Diabetic and uses the Abbott Laboratories Freestyle Libre testing system which is fairly new. It's on the expensive side and I have not been willing to pay for it as up until now our insurance providers would not pay for it
You mean my tax dollars won't pay for it.
Results: The predicted 10-year risk of developing diabetes for the Canadian population in 2011/12 was 9.98%, corresponding to 2.16 million new cases. Total health care costs attributable to diabetes during this period were $7.55 billion for females and $7.81 bil-lion for males ($15.36 billion total).
DIABETES IS BIG BUSINESS FOR THE PEOPLE MAKING AND SELLING STUFF TO TREAT DIABETES WHICH CAN NEVER BE CURED - ONCE YOU GOT IT YOU GOT IT FOR LIFWE. IT'S THE PERFECT DISEASE FOR MAKING MONEY - AND 10% OF US CANADIANS WILL GET THE DISEASE SO WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT IT?

Why?

"THE CURE FOR DIABETES" BY GABRIEL COUSENS IS A BOOK EVERY CANADIAN SHOULD READ. BUT DO YOU THINK THEY WILL? IT'S SO MUCH EASIER TO LET "TAXPAYERS" PAY $15 BILLION THAN TO GO TO AMAZON AND BUY A BOOK.

Discuss the total cost to taxpayers of diabetes on this thread.
And discuss what you learned from Gabriel Cousens book, which you should have read by now, since 10% of us will get the disease.

:chicken:
https://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/hp ... 03-eng.pdf
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: The total cost of Diabetes to taxpayers.

Post by oneh2obabe »

Bsuds wrote:As well as being Type 2 diabetic I also have loss of Kidney function. I see the Nurse at IH once in awhile for tracking that.

She is Type 1 Diabetic and uses the Abbott Laboratories Freestyle Libre testing system which is fairly new. It's on the expensive side and I have not been willing to pay for it as up until now our insurance providers would not pay for it
Thinktank wrote:You mean my tax dollars won't pay for it.
Your tax dollars aren't paying for it. Re-read Sudsy's statement - up until now our insurance providers would not pay for it.

Check out the glucose testing thread viewtopic.php?f=95&t=85927
Bsuds wrote: The biggest drawback is the cost which I am lucky that our Insurance covers 100% and the fact if you are not careful you can knock them off your arm. I have done that a couple of times.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Thinktank wrote:
You mean my tax dollars won't pay for it.
You are ight to a point except Pharmacare doesn't kick in until late in the year for us. This is mostly paid for by the 2 medical plans my Wife and I paid for by working for many years, and still pay for in retirement.

Maybe try and live up to your forum name a bit more.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Diabetes

Post by GordonH »

Only time fair Pharmacare pays 100% of anyone’s medication (including all diabetic supplies) is when the individual income is extremely low or they are on provincial disability.

Total income below $13,750 per/year single person equals 100% coverage.
Once this individual income hits $13,755 coverage drops to 70%.

Using there calculator
https://www.health.gov.bc.ca/pharmacare ... lator.html
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Bsuds wrote:Maybe try and live up to your forum name a bit more.
Okay.

Diabetes is a pandemic. It's going to get one in five of us compared to coronahoax which will get one out of a million.

Diabetes is a pandemic. And look what the CDC says about it - nothing. CDC in United States is a joke - their job is to keep people in the dark, uninformed, and sick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0iR515 ... bg&index=3

Judging by what I see, looking at people I know, diabetes is one of our biggest problems, and the pandemic is going to get bigger.

I would fire Bonnie right now, and fire Adrian right now, and start immediately - spending $millions to teach people how to avoid this pandemic. Right now we are paying $billions to treat the disease, which all the "experts" admit there is no cure for.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I've seen more damage wrought by diabetes than any thing else under the sun in healthcare. Shall explain later.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Individuals wanting to keep their sugars and carb down & boost up intake with oatmeal cereal.

Hemp hearts 30g
Carbs 2g
Sugars 1g
Protein 10g

Black Ground Chia 20g
Carbs 8g
Sugars 0g
Protein 3g
Fibre 7g

Brown Ground Flaxseed 15g
Carbs 4g
Sugars 0g
Protein 3g
Fibre 4g

I lower the amount of oatmeal and add the above to give it a boost.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Oatmeal gives me the Poops.

So as well as lowering my A1C I get exercise. (Running to the Bathroom!) :biggrin:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Bsuds wrote: Oatmeal gives me the Poops.

So as well as lowering my A1C I get exercise. (Running to the Bathroom!) :biggrin:
Add these items to hot cereal of your choice Bsuds.
mbfarm131
Fledgling

Post by mbfarm131 »

This is an important part of the debate.

Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Type 1 is hereditary. It runs in my family and has taken some lives. If you have Type 1, and take it seriously, you will live a full life. Taking it seriously is the key.

Type 2 is caused both by lifestyle and genetics. I managed to skip the Type 1 handed down through the past couple of generations that I know of, but I was eventually diagnosed with Type 2. Genetically my liver produces too much cholesterol and I have also been the heir of hypertension. My lifestyle and diet contributed to the belly fat. Those are the three things that contribute to the diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes. The high cholesterol and high blood pressure can also be attributed to poor diet and lack of exercise as well.

To beat my combination of the causes, I went on meds to lower my blood pressure and also to lower my cholesterol. But not stopping there, I went on a diet recommended for Type 2 diabetics and committed to serious daily workouts. I lost close to 50lbs, got off the cholesterol meds as I was able to burn off the bad stuff and have a reasonably good LDL/HDL rating. My LDL level due to hereditary conditions has always been above normal but I managed to keep it low enough to stay off the medication. My blood pressure came down with the exercise. I eventually beat the Type 2, but not without a fight and initially the help of medication. I could then eat pretty much anything I wanted, but I found I ate less. I attribute the exercise as the main factor to getting my life back. A walk around the block everyday wouldn't have done it. I'm talking about an intense 1 hour workout each and every day of my life. I committed that time to myself and everything/everyone else could wait. Not everyone is willing or able to do that, but it works if you can handle it.
I birn quil I se
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Randall T wrote: My lifestyle and diet contributed to the belly fat. Those are the three things that contribute to the diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes.
Robert Lustig said it's not all your fault
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmC4Rm5cpOI

Joel Fuhrman talks about whole foods for all diseases.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:Joel Fuhrman talks about whole foods for all diseases.
Hard to give up all dairy, fish, meats, avocado and olive oils and of course coffee, beer and wine. Everything in moderation is the key.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Health”