Payette resigned

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Payette resigned

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Former Rideau Hall employees consider legal options following report into toxic work environment

Multiple former employees say they're considering legal options in the wake of a blistering report into claims former governor general Julie Payette created a toxic workplace culture at Rideau Hall, verbally harassed staff and engaged in some cases of unwanted physical contact.

Other former staff members who left jobs at Rideau Hall said they are now actively trying to return to the institution. Rideau Hall is encouraging employees who left during Payette's mandate to contact human resources to see if they could be considered for positions.

Lawyers specializing in employment issues say the federal government's directive on resolution of workplace harassment and violence states it must ensure "the well-being of the workplace is restored."

Ottawa labour lawyer Sean McGee said that could include compensating employees for negative health impacts, lost wages and changes to their employment.

"The directive says that the person in charge has to fix the problem," said McGee with RavenLaw. "Arguably for anybody who's affected by this conduct, I think they'd have a reasonable basis to say 'I'm one of the people who suffered a detrimental impact. And I have a right to to be made whole.'"
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/f ... d=msedgntp
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Well this didn't take long.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/i ... li=AAggNb9

Perry Bellegarde of the Assembly of First Nations says it's time for Canada to have a First Nations governor general now that Julie Payette has resigned from the role.

He also say this,
He also says having more First Nations people at all levels of government — and on the Supreme Court — would reflect the diversity of Canada and be a move toward reconciliation.

We don't need more diversity. All one has to do is look at all the "diverse" commercials on TV.

Ok Justin, the ball is in your court. Let the virtue signalling continue.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Oh, one more thing.
It seems that the "lady" is upset because her security staff, the RCMP, and military personnel were included in the review’s scope.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/j ... li=AAggNb9

Oh my, I'll bet she ripped someone a new one over that. Justin, are you hurting?
I don't think she will go away quietly.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I think we need to go to the CNIB and hire someone from there.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

bb49 wrote:Well this didn't take long.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/i ... li=AAggNb9

Perry Bellegarde of the Assembly of First Nations says it's time for Canada to have a First Nations governor general now that Julie Payette has resigned from the role.

He also say this,
He also says having more First Nations people at all levels of government — and on the Supreme Court — would reflect the diversity of Canada and be a move toward reconciliation.

We don't need more diversity. All one has to do is look at all the "diverse" commercials on TV.

Ok Justin, the ball is in your court. Let the virtue signalling continue.
I honestly don't care who the next GG is, as long as they are vetted and are determined to be competent and able to fulfill the role. Don't let the PM do the same thing again, and appoint someone with zero vetting, all just to virtue signal. There are a lot of competent people out there from all walks of life, from all genders and from all ethnicities, who can do the job. Just vet them properly, and make sure that they meet the extremely low bar of treating people like human beings and not being an arrogant piece of garbage (so this will disqualify most Liberals). The last GG didn't meet this low bar, and our PM didn't even know this.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
FairlyKnew
Fledgling

Post by FairlyKnew »

Question. If Perry Belgarde suggests a First Nations person for the job of governor general, how would the person be able to do their job? The governor general is supposed to be a representative of the Queen and represent Canada. First Nations are taking part in nation to nation talks with Canada. Which nation would they represent if governor general? Canada is such a mess right now. People are looked at by color, race, gender, etc. and not as equal human beings that care for one another. Political correctness is ruining this country. How about getting the most qualified person for the job, not another friend of Trudeau who berates staff?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Rex Murphy: No, Don Cherry can't be governor general. He likes people

Don Cherry is not going to be governor general.

He has too many personal characteristics going against him.

Obviously I need to back such a categorical statement up.

He is old.

He is even more old than I am, and I first breached the wall of being sometime during the Babylonian captivity.

Don was born when they were working up the blueprints for Tutankhamun’s tomb.

And in this modern-day world, we know from many sources, especially Twitter, old is bad.

He likes people. Well there’s a deal breaker, right there.

This is an obstacle too far. For any elite position in Canadian society, it is only acceptable to like people on your own social plane. Indiscriminate liking of people, regardless of background or rank, shows a lack of class and a lavish sense of pure hospitality.

He is friendly, even to strangers, and — brace yourselves — has even been known to say kind words to waiters, housekeeping staff in hotels, and taxi-drivers. To put it idiomatically, he likes “the help.”

He suffers from a terrible affliction, which would be vigorously out of place in Rideau Hall. He loves Canada. And the people who built Canada.

Were that enough, and in these “woke” times it is more than enough, he also — brace yourself again — loves the Canadian military, every man and woman who wears the uniform, every man and woman who has worn the uniform.

Don Cherry for PM? Maybe. Don Cherry for GG — no go, at all.

He’d just be too damn good for the job.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/r ... d=msedgntp
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Conrad black comes out in defence of the disgraced former gg. :smt045 [icon_lol2.gif]

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/conrad ... als-office
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Rex has the right idea. Get someone who loves Canada, someone who loves all Canadians irrespective of their "class" and not someone who only loves the Laurentide Elitists.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-mu ... kes-people
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

^^^^ "Ascend to the purple cushions" Good one Rex. [icon_lol2.gif]
I am not wealthy but I am rich
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

indianlarry66 wrote:Conrad black comes out in defence of the disgraced former gg. :smt045 [icon_lol2.gif]

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/conrad ... als-office
I'm sure that pig thinks he'd be good for the job.
It won't pay enough though. And even though there's not much scrutiny, it would still be too much for his deviant liking.
I don't why that jailbird keeps flapping off, he's got no morals and doesn't deserve the microphone.
Just one disgrace trying to back up another.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

https://www.thestar.com/politics/federa ... -says.html

And right on cue, the bought-off Red Star gets the propaganda going with an "interview with the PM" in which he takes no responsibility for hiring this loser GG, but of course wants all the credit for having the "courage" to let her go. The media in this country is a total joke. It wouldn't surprise me if Katie Telford herself wrote this. We truly are living in country whose media is no different than how the state media operates in China. Just gross.
lumorris

Post by lumorris »

George Orwell 1984 wrote:To top it off we pay a pension for her to step down in disgrace of $149,000 + such a travesty !!

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... n-for-life
Not only that but another $206,000. on top for what? No one should be awarded that kind of money for 3 years of "work". That has got to be a crime.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

lumorris wrote:
George Orwell 1984 wrote:To top it off we pay a pension for her to step down in disgrace of $149,000 + such a travesty !!

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... n-for-life
Not only that but another $206,000. on top for what? No one should be awarded that kind of money for 3 years of "work". That has got to be a crime.
.........psssst.........Covid.........new orders, take this one out immediately!

Return to “Canada”