Costco....This just In

A potpourri of off-topics.
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Re: Costco....This just In

Post by Noisy Boater »

Hell. How many burnt wieners dropped while camping while under the influence did you eat?? Personally maybe a dozen. Eating processed chili or stew from a dented can is childs play!! :130:
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Mrmarvingardens wrote:Double B12 is bang on..
Paying for a membership is a psychological tool, and a very successful one.
Golf clubs, yacht clubs...and yes Costco.
Interesting that many who shop there mention the great deals.
Hot dogs, barbecue chickens. gasoline..toilet paper.ALL SOLD AT A LOSS or near one...but they get you to buy more stuff! Generally packaged in big lots.
Yes, my friend just received the flyer for MEMBERS ONLY..Limited time offers, with $3,000 in savings..
Lets go load up the truck. :D
A drug store in town now has the same approach with their bonus points.
By the way, Costco's profit is actually higher than WalMart, and is dwarfed by the size of WalMart's thousands of stores.
I am calling poppycock on this post.
We are aware of most pricing., if by chance it is not good price, we dont buy.. same as anyone shopping anywhere..
But you know when you buy dinner buns at 36 for 5 or 6 dollars, that you won't be buying at other stores for 30 to 39 cents each.
Or big cinnamon buns like 12 for 6 or 8 bux... or Nanaimo bars a whole big box of it for 8 bux of less .
Or bread , the list goes onand on..
We figured out today, that on milkand coffee alone, probably pays for our 120 or 125 dollar membership right there. .. and we still get that money back.., so yeah such a bad deal for us right.,

Fears of paying membership is holding some folks back.l that IS clear to me.. :130:
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I agree with the idea that "fear of paying membership is holding some people back".

For some people, that is something they can't get past. I was skeptical initially, but time has proven that for our family it is definitely worth it. The math speaks for itself.

Even if the prices were the same as other stores, a lot of the Kirkland products are quite superior. Toilet paper and paper towels come to mind. And I have run out of things often enough that I like to have a minimum of a week's supply on hand, especially since we don't do random store trips anymore but shop on specific days only.
I haven't failed until I quit.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Cottonelle is the only TT worth buying.
Ok, so dented cans with acidic contents
Noiseyboater - I'm a 10 second rule woman myself. Altho the pup doesn't leave it past .02 secs

I've gifted a few ppl with the cheap costco membership, they didn't renew
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

normaM wrote:Cottonelle is the only TT worth buying.
Charmin...but don't squeeze it.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

that ad was a Joy compared to damn Bears.
Costco # 1 seller is Toilet Paper, doesn't say too much for their food quality hehe. More than a billion rolls a year
And that's prolly only the Kelowna shoppers :p Teasing * feels wrath of CCHs
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

Bsuds wrote:
Charmin...but don't squeeze it.
Why? does it fart?
:biggrin:
SuperMom
Board Meister

Post by SuperMom »

normaM wrote: Costco # 1 seller is Toilet Paper, doesn't say too much for their food quality hehe. More than a billion rolls a year
And that's prolly only the Kelowna shoppers :p Teasing * feels wrath of CCHs
I'd imagine they sell a lot of toilet paper, because there is simply no beating their price. Back at the start of the pandemic when people were hoarding toilet paper, we got to the point we were running low at home and Costco had none. When we could find some elsewhere, I hated knowing how much cheaper it could have been.

The same is true with cat litter. It's been a while, but you could buy a very large container for about $10 at Costco. A small box at most grocery stores is double the price.

We shop some things at Costco and some things elsewhere. We don't need warehouse size packages of some items, but we appreciate the value for those bigger things we do need. It's still enough to make our membership worthwhile, even if we aren't there more than once a month or so.
CrystalCity
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CrystalCity »

normaM wrote: Costco # 1 seller is Toilet Paper, doesn't say too much for their food quality hehe.
Actually in terms of food Kirkland is often the same product as the top brand name. You can see this by reading the side label as it often says something like: "Manufactured by _______ For Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd." This is also true for their health supplements.

Much of the savings for Costco's products come from mislabeled items when it comes to the brand names. Nothing that's a concern safety wise, but often spelling mistakes. The Marc Anthony shampoo that is "Salon Crated", the old Highliner fisherman logo, etc. Once you notice them it's a bit fun to search for other occurances.
Not even the blood that flows through my veins is my own.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

If you want to save money on baked goods, go to the bakery and ask for uncooked boxes of their pastries, cookies, croissants, and other baked goods.

Example ... Kirkland Signature Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookie dough
Pack of 120
Item 1455819
$23.99
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

someone will have to give me Kirkland toilet tissue so I can compare.
It's always on sale at some store - a come on so you go for the sale paper and drop another $60.00 on other things
Hey- is there a Costco brand Magic Eraser? Or Swiffers? If so I might have to become a card holder :)
Er, the food and toilet tissue was just a joke
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

normaM wrote: Hey- is there a Costco brand Magic Eraser? Or Swiffers?
They are carried in Costco sized packages but not sure if in a Kirkland brand.

Kirkland TP is OK and we use it in our RV because it breaks down fast and won't clog the pipes. Not as good as Charmin.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
CrystalCity
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CrystalCity »

Bsuds wrote:

Kirkland TP is OK and we use it in our RV because it breaks down fast and won't clog the pipes. Not as good as Charmin.
All Proctor & Gamble Products at Costco are at their own reduced costs and special coupon deals (at an even greater reduction if you are an Executive Member) as Costco has contracted with them. If you have brand loyalty to Bounty, Charmin, Swiffer, Mr. Clean, Gillette, Always, Tide, and the rest of the P&G family, then you will pay off the executive membership. I personally don't need 200 tampons or maxi pads, and prefer other brands for some items, so don't bother with the Executive Membership.
Not even the blood that flows through my veins is my own.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Bsuds wrote:

.........I find Kirkland TP has very good "bite"..........for those sitting on the fence about using this brand.
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

Urban Cowboy wrote:Not even sure what all the hype regarding Ikea is all about? So we don't have a store that sells *bleep* stick furniture, big deal, NOT.

Just go to Jysk, same junk different pile. [icon_lol2.gif]
Blasphemy! :D Actually IKEA sells some decent stuff, if you know what to look for. I have more of a problem with traditional furniture stores, where product is largely made out of the cheapest woods with the thinnest veneers and garbage joinery and the prices are often ridiculous. At least IKEA doesn't pretend to be anything it's not.

Return to “Grab Bag”