Ice sculptures

tabubil
Fledgling

Ice sculptures

Post by tabubil »

maybe this would not have happened if the city in spending our tax money would have taken a by law officer off days and put him on nights in a truck to monitor the sculptures all night instead of want a be police this might not have happened. Or is it that the bylaw officers are all afraid of the dark or cannot see in the dark.
From my view this could have and should have been avoided as the city new the problems with the area they were allowing this to happen and as usual did not to a proper danger assessment.
Sorry for those that had their sculptures destroyed and for all the hard work they put in.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Ice sculptures

Post by Fancy »

Links are helpful:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/32 ... by-vandals

Wasn't surprised to hear about it at all.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

And if the City would have used tax dollars to take someone off days and put them on nights, you'd all be complaining that its a waste of tax dollars :138:
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

tabubil wrote:maybe this would not have happened if the city in spending our tax money would have taken a by law officer off days and put him on nights in a truck to monitor the sculptures all night instead of want a be police this might not have happened. Or is it that the bylaw officers are all afraid of the dark or cannot see in the dark.
From my view this could have and should have been avoided as the city new the problems with the area they were allowing his to happen and as usual did not to a proper danger assessment.
Sorry for those that had their sculptures destroyed and for all the hard work they put in.
Why not blame the punks that did it.....always has to be that “guy”.......
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

tabubil wrote:maybe this would not have happened if the city in spending our tax money would have taken a by law officer off days and put him on nights in a truck to monitor the sculptures all night instead of want a be police this might not have happened. Or is it that the bylaw officers are all afraid of the dark or cannot see in the dark.
From my view this could have and should have been avoided as the city new the problems with the area they were allowing this to happen and as usual did not to a proper danger assessment.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you didn't even read the story did you? They did have Security on it. The guard was chasing someone when two other people came in and knocked them down while they were chasing one call culprit ..
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
tabubil
Fledgling

Post by tabubil »

common_sense_guy wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you didn't even read the story did you? They did have Security on it. The guard was chasing someone when two other people came in and knocked them down while they were chasing one call culprit ..
I did read the article for one thing security patrol is not properly trained to apprehend people and why did they only have one when it is know to be a hangout for the persons who are likely to do stunts like this. It also did not state if he called for assistance from the RCMP and how long it took to respond. I would not have minded the use of bylaws officer, as at least they have better training and have some power. I can say this as former city police officer on the prairies.
As I have said before common sense many people read and think before they write things down.

Return to “North Okanagan”