NDPer fined for illegal donations

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

NDPer fined for illegal donations

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Disgusting abuse of our democracy by far left radicals. They should serve jail time!
Dinged for illegal donation

B.C. businessman dinged for illegal donation to NDP MP's 2015 campaign

A British Columbia businessman who made an illegal contribution to New Democrat MP Peter Julian's 2015 election campaign has been ordered to pay $7,500 to the receiver general of Canada.

Elections commissioner Yves Côté says Robert Gibbs, co-owner of Romar Communications, provided free website development services to Julian's campaign.

Gibbs told Julian's campaign that the work was done by volunteers, after work hours.

However, unbeknownst to the campaign, Côté says three workers were paid $1,000 each for their work, the commercial value of which Côté says was actually $6,000.

In its report to Elections Canada, Julian's campaign reported non-monetary contributions worth $2,000 from each of the three workers.

Since that exceeded the $1,500 individual donation limit, the campaign paid $1,500 to Gibbs' company on the understanding that it would be given to the three workers, but Gibbs kept the money.

The $7,500 Gibbs must now pay the receiver general represents the commercial value of the work done plus the $1,500 from the campaign that was never given to the workers.

Côté announced the payment as part of a compliance agreement with Gibbs.

snip

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/326232 ... 5-campaign
And wouldn't you know it, the perp sucks at the provincial teat when the NDP are in power. Terrible!

https://ca.linkedin.com/public-profile/ ... s-900a091b
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Re: NDPer fined for illegal donations

Post by common_sense_guy »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Disgusting abuse of our democracy by far left radicals. They should serve jail time!
Dinged for illegal donation

B.C. businessman dinged for illegal donation to NDP MP's 2015 campaign

A British Columbia businessman who made an illegal contribution to New Democrat MP Peter Julian's 2015 election campaign has been ordered to pay $7,500 to the receiver general of Canada.

Elections commissioner Yves Côté says Robert Gibbs, co-owner of Romar Communications, provided free website development services to Julian's campaign.

Gibbs told Julian's campaign that the work was done by volunteers, after work hours.

However, unbeknownst to the campaign, Côté says three workers were paid $1,000 each for their work, the commercial value of which Côté says was actually $6,000.

In its report to Elections Canada, Julian's campaign reported non-monetary contributions worth $2,000 from each of the three workers.

Since that exceeded the $1,500 individual donation limit, the campaign paid $1,500 to Gibbs' company on the understanding that it would be given to the three workers, but Gibbs kept the money.

The $7,500 Gibbs must now pay the receiver general represents the commercial value of the work done plus the $1,500 from the campaign that was never given to the workers.

Côté announced the payment as part of a compliance agreement with Gibbs.

snip

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/326232 ... 5-campaign
And wouldn't you know it, the perp sucks at the provincial teat when the NDP are in power. Terrible!

https://ca.linkedin.com/public-profile/ ... s-900a091b
This is what disgusts you? Story like this? Pretty much a non-issue for most Canadians I would think. The gist of the story I read seem to be more of a misunderstanding.
If this is the worst thing a politician can do I'm all for it.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

^^^ Illegal tampering in our electoral process is a direct attack on our democracy. Liberals may slough it off, but that's because they are the guilty ones and have very little interest in preserving our democratic processes.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

I'm about as far from a liberal as one could be.but unlike most of the posters in these forums I can distinguish between wrong and right whether it's a party I happen to like or a party I loathe.
My belief is Trudeau should be in jail for what he's been doing. But it doesn't mean I'm going to paint every other liberal politician with the same brush unless I see something they do or say that makes me think that.
I take things on a situation / situation basis and judge them based on what they do or say. It's dangerous when people are so loyal to their party they will fight for them even when they're in the wrong and I strive to never be that type of person. Judge a person's actions not their associations
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.

Return to “Canada”