Everything Canadian Police

workingclasshero
Fledgling

Re: Everything Canadian Police

Post by workingclasshero »

there must be better guidelines for the use of police dogs, the Police are releasing the dogs on suspects that could otherwise be apprehended by officers. the news release always says the suspect that to receive medical attention for minor injuries sustained in the arrest. stitches are considered minor injuries, but the mental damage is not accounted for.
Have you ever been attached by a dog? You are helpless, and frightened beyond belief. how can we condone the use of
dogs in urban settings? stop the madness.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

workingclasshero wrote:there must be better guidelines for the use of police dogs, the Police are releasing the dogs on suspects that could otherwise be apprehended by officers. the news release always says the suspect that to receive medical attention for minor injuries sustained in the arrest. stitches are considered minor injuries, but the mental damage is not accounted for.
Have you ever been attached by a dog? You are helpless, and frightened beyond belief. how can we condone the use of
Well lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Dogs have many uses and skills. Taking down a suspect is just one of them.

The most often used skill of a dog in a police application is tracking. Locating someone. That could be a dementia patient, a child or a criminal, sometimes even finding evidence, drugs, weapons, explosives.

Yes, there must be guidelines. Generally police seek to train dogs so that they will not attack just for the sake of attacking. If a suspect that is being tracked is located and gives up the dog should be under control such that they don't suffer an attack.

Having said all that, police dogs are variable. They are animals, some better and more controllable than others. I guess the same goes for their handlers.

In police procedures, the "Use of Force Continuum" (there are various ones) lists, generally, six levels of force when controlling a serious situation. Starting with officer presence, verbal commands, level 5 involves "intermediate weapons" batons, pepper spray, taser, beanbag rounds, and....dogs. The next level, is lethal force.

So, it's a bit of a situation. Police have a tool that should be available to search for grandma that has wandered away from the care home, and is the final step before lethal force.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

workingclasshero wrote:there must be better guidelines for the use of police dogs, the Police are releasing the dogs on suspects that could otherwise be apprehended by officers. the news release always says the suspect that to receive medical attention for minor injuries sustained in the arrest. stitches are considered minor injuries, but the mental damage is not accounted for.
You might want to give a little more thought to the assumptions that you're making.

When a police dog catches up to and latches on to a perp, all that guy has to do is submit and be still. If he/she does that the dog will continue to hold but not bite down hard.
Police dogs are trained in how hard to bite.
But if the guy struggles or foolishly attempts to fight with the dog, than it's supper time for the dog.

And mental damage to the perp? [icon_lol2.gif]
Next time don't do the crime.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

rcmp officer has compassion for serial creep and talks victim out of charging him .

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5917288
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Always like to read about a happy ending:
The West Kelowna RCMP have safely located the missing 39-year-old man.

"Thank you to the media and the public for your assistance," stated Cpl. Jocelyn Noseworthy in an email.
https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... assistance
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Post by 1092 »

indianlarry66 wrote:This thread is for any topic that concerns Canadian police , rcmp , city cops , provincial cops .

first topic is how is it possible that people think two ppl will be found guilty of killing the calgary cop when only one person was driving ?
Aiding and abetting, just like the boston bombers?? After this court case deportation would be great!!
Last edited by ferri on Feb 23rd, 2021, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not type in all uppercase please. Thanks!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Rewind for a moment. Why defend the actions of a *bleep* who decides to run from Enforcement? You have limited to no knowledge of Police work or dog handling.

When is the last time you had a Police dog have to track you? If you knew about police dogs you would realize they will stand and bark at you as long as you don't decide to take it to a higher level such as run, kick, swing a weapon.

This is the problem today with people who defend those the laws are made for. Police don't come out swinging, punching and shooting people. The accused, the person violating a law big or small makes the conscious decision in 99% of all cases to comply or resist.

The resist changes the rules to the game. Policemen and woman are not paid to be punching bags. Your resistance raises the levels of force from speaking like adults to a greater level. I'm tired of all the stupidity out there and most of it is because people try and defend the actions of a Criminal.

Just like the Liberals, lets take everyone's guns away. NO let's penalize those who break the law and put them where they belong, Penitentiary!
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

i had a police dog stop me on a fence running from a house party . i like pets so i stopped and just waited for the cop to come check me for booze .

the thing is though if i had just been walking through the trail by the house at the time , i might not know whats going on and not many ppl will just stand as a german shepard comes running at them or try and fight it . thats why i disagree animals should be trained to bite by police .
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

indianlarry66 wrote:i had a police dog stop me on a fence running from a house party . i like pets so i stopped and just waited for the cop to come check me for booze .

the thing is though if i had just been walking through the trail by the house at the time , i might not know whats going on and not many ppl will just stand as a german shepard comes running at them or try and fight it . thats why i disagree animals should be trained to bite by police .
Actually the hardest thing to train a dog to do is not bite. To stand and "watch" a suspect. Ideally as long as the suspect doesn't move, nothing happens. Also once they've attacked someone, to get them to go back to "watch".

Much of their use is "on leash", but for weapons and taking down a fleeing suspect they are more like a guided missile.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Fire fighters still have no answers as to why rcmp terrorised them in nova scotia manhunt.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7660609/fire ... n-answers/
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

indianlarry66 wrote:Fire fighters still have no answers as to why rcmp terrorised them in nova scotia manhunt.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7660609/fire ... n-answers/
Yes they do.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7654292/rcmp ... fire-hall/
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Oh, ya the "shoot first and ask questions later" doctrine.

On this same day if a citizen on his own property saw a marked RCMP cruiser pull into his driveway and the driver got out wearing a vest and the citizen opened fire. Just what do you think would happen to the citizen ?
AtlantisKelowna
Board Meister

Post by AtlantisKelowna »

my5cents wrote:Oh, ya the "shoot first and ask questions later" doctrine.

On this same day if a citizen on his own property saw a marked RCMP cruiser pull into his driveway and the driver got out wearing a vest and the citizen opened fire. Just what do you think would happen to the citizen ?

Well considering the citizen had no reason to do so I'd say they would be charged with attempted murder? That is if they missed
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

my5cents wrote:Oh, ya the "shoot first and ask questions later" doctrine.

You might want to go back and read both of the links posted, mine and larry's. They'll explain a lot for you.

#StandUpToJewishHate
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

bb49 wrote:You might want to go back and read both of the links posted, mine and larry's. They'll explain a lot for you.
I read them. Unless I missed something substantial, even police shouldn't shoot at something "on suspicion". The RCMP were completely over their heads, from the commanders who didn't notify the public properly and thoroughly to these heroes opening fire because they saw a mark RCMP vehicle and a person wearing a vest.

It could have been a real RCMP cruiser and the person may have just been someone wearing a vest and not the suspect. Oh wait ! It was a real RCMP cruiser and the person wearing the vest was not the suspect.

I sometimes think the RCMP should do what they do best, wear their Stetsons, dress uniform with boots and riding breeches, sit on horses and pose for souvenir photo's.

Return to “Canada”