After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monarchy?

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monarchy?

Post by bob vernon »

I respect Elizabeth, but once Charles becomes King, should Canada finally grow up and be its own country? It would require ALL ten provinces and the Feds to agree on amending the Constitution and that's a big ask, but the thought of having King Charles and Queen Camilla as our heads of state is too much. And yes, Camilla will get the title of Queen. Too much. Snort.
my5cents
Guru

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by my5cents »

bob vernon wrote:I respect Elizabeth, but once Charles becomes King, should Canada finally grow up and be its own country? It would require ALL ten provinces and the Feds to agree on amending the Constitution and that's a big ask, but the thought of having King Charles and Queen Camilla as our heads of state is too much. And yes, Camilla will get the title of Queen. Too much. Snort.
After listening to last night's interview of Harry and Megan, maybe Great Britain should drop the monarchy too.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

No, I'd like to maintain that connection to the UK.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Frisk wrote:No, I'd like to maintain that connection to the UK.
We should take the Queen off the $20 bill and replace her with a picture of Julie Payette screaming at one of her assistants... :130:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

There are pros and cons for cutting the Queen as head of state and leaving the Commonwealth. It would also require the unanimous support of all provinces and territories in Canada.

Many of our human rights and privileges and protections are guaranteed under the Commonwealth. It would mean overhauling the constitution and making sure all those are retained with no loopholes.

Its not as easy as saying "We're out." There are also treaties to consider, both with First Nations and other member countries. Its a decision to be thought through and made carefully, thoughtfully and expertly.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

I agree with you. When the protocol was broken, and the infamous Charles was granted marriage to Camilla, as a consequence, he should not have the option to succeed Elizabeth. It leaves a rather bad taste with how he conducted himself during his marriage to Diana. Integrity was lost, and he failed to support and assist this loss his two sons endured.
I think, in part, evidence of this reflects in the Oprah, Harry, Megan interview. IMHO, Harry is a damaged man as a result. Megan............that's another story.

All things aside, I believe Harry suffers from PTSD due to the loss of his mother. Megan doesn't come close to Diana's calibre, yet he seems to want to replay this scenario over and over in comparison.

I believe if the monarchy is to continue with support on both sides of the pond................. William and Kate should succeed the Queen.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Kick them to the curb. Notice how all this has detracted attention from Edward and his use of Lolita Express and his connections with dear dead Jeff Epstein?

Divorces, affairs, mysterious death of Dianna, Lolita Express.

OUT!
Last edited by Queen K on Mar 8th, 2021, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote: Kick them to the curb.
I totally agree... jt doesn’t have guts to anything like this, of course it also means opening up the Constitution and removing all wording involving monarchy.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Although I'd like to see us drop the monarchy it seems like it would be an incredible pain in the butt to end it, so *bleep* it.
As far as the Oprah spectacle, nothing special or unusual come of it.
I'm a bit surprised of the racism part but then historically monarchs are not known for their diversity :200: .

I'm just glad these days Oprah's name only comes up once or twice a year.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

jimmy4321 wrote:Although I'd like to see us drop the monarchy it seems like it would be an incredible pain in the butt to end it, so *bleep* it.
As far as the Oprah spectacle, nothing special or unusual come of it.
I'm a bit surprised of the racism part but then historically monarchs are not known for their diversity :200: .

I'm just glad these days Oprah's name only comes up once or twice a year.
It's odd that you keep throwing the racism thing out there, The Queen and I are no more responsible for our forefather's transgressions than you are for your forefathers. The Queen was born into a duty of servitude, I would have bailed just Harry.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Frisk wrote:No, I'd like to maintain that connection to the UK.
Same here. That connection has its historical merits and I'd like to maintain that connection.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Queen K wrote:Kick them to the curb. Notice how all this has detracted attention from Edward and his use of Lolita Express and his connections with dear dead Jeff Epstein?
It wasn't Edward using the Lolita Express ... Andrew is the one you should be looking at. Edward has been married to Sophie for 21 years and out of the Queen's 4 children is the only one who hasn't been divorced.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

my5cents wrote:After listening to last night's interview of Harry and Megan, maybe Great Britain should drop the monarchy too.
Interview with lots of accusations and innuendoes but no names or proof positive of what she/he said. True, some of what was said might be factual but there was lots proven false if you fact check.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

oneh2obabe wrote:
my5cents wrote:After listening to last night's interview of Harry and Megan, maybe Great Britain should drop the monarchy too.
Interview with lots of accusations and innuendoes but no names or proof positive of what she/he said. True, some of what was said might be factual but there was lots proven false if you fact check.
I don't know, Meghan gives me that kind of vibe that she's a very dominant person in a relationship, likes to stir the pot for self serving purposes. Her dad, her sister, her co-workers all have some sort of story about her attitude, maybe they were jealous, maybe they were honest, all tabloid mumbo jumbo, so whatever. Regardless, she's still pretty hot, so :138: [icon_lol2.gif]
Last edited by OKkayak on Mar 8th, 2021, 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

oneh2obabe wrote:
Queen K wrote:Kick them to the curb. Notice how all this has detracted attention from Edward and his use of Lolita Express and his connections with dear dead Jeff Epstein?
It wasn't Edward using the Lolita Express ... Andrew is the one you should be looking at. Edward has been married to Sophie for 21 years and out of the Queen's 4 children is the only one who hasn't been divorced.
Ah Andrew my bad. But so what, they're all corrupt as hell and no more royal then my neigbours.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Canada”