After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monarchy?

User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Guru
Posts: 7730
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by Urban Cowboy »

:135:
Still trying to figure out what a phycologist is? :biggrin:
“We isolate now so when we gather again, no one is missing" - Unknown
User avatar
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14241
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by OKkayak »

indianlarry66 wrote:canada is just first nations land with a bunch of tresspassers on it including me :smt045
No, Canada is Canada. No one here is "trespassing" :130:
Kroynon
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 838
Joined: Jul 23rd, 2005, 9:48 am

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by Kroynon »

indianlarry66 wrote:canada will never vote to oust the crown as settler canada depends on the crown to exist.

without the crown , canada is just first nations land with a bunch of tresspassers on it including me :smt045
As a self proclaimed trespasser, you should do the honorable thing and move out of Canada. Otherwise, you're just a hypocrite.
Insert random quote here to try and make yourself appear of superior intelligence.
liisgo
Übergod
Posts: 1584
Joined: Jan 19th, 2016, 5:25 pm

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by liisgo »

OKkayak wrote:
indianlarry66 wrote:canada is just first nations land with a bunch of tresspassers on it including me :smt045
No, Canada is Canada. No one here is "trespassing" :130:
Oh I get it now, because our automobiles were invented, designed, and built outside of canada we are all "Car thieves" . :130:

Can we have a decision that doesn't have to have some ones propaganda of another issue always throwing in. :smt045
ninetyninepct
Fledgling
Posts: 314
Joined: Aug 31st, 2017, 12:15 pm

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by ninetyninepct »

Canada would have to completely change our system of politics and Government to more closely resemble the States as a Republic. Lots of their system would have to change. No massive uncontrolled "donations" or fundraising for one thing. We would also need to vote for a President, and not be stuck with the current arrogant narcissist who is PM only because he is head of a political Party. We would also have impeachment which would force politicians to respond to voters. We would be able to throw out Members who are intellectually incapable of responding to a question with an intelligent relevant answer. I don't even need to provide a name.

Right now we have a virtual dictatorship, thinly veiled as a democracy.
jimmy4321
Guru
Posts: 6844
Joined: Jun 6th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by jimmy4321 »

ninetyninepct wrote:Canada would have to completely change our system of politics and Government to more closely resemble the States as a Republic. Lots of their system would have to change. No massive uncontrolled "donations" or fundraising for one thing. We would also need to vote for a President, and not be stuck with the current arrogant narcissist who is PM only because he is head of a political Party. We would also have impeachment which would force politicians to respond to voters. We would be able to throw out Members who are intellectually incapable of responding to a question with an intelligent relevant answer. I don't even need to provide a name.

Right now we have a virtual dictatorship, thinly veiled as a democracy.


The only reason Trudeau is still in power is that opposition parties don't have the cojones to knock the LIbs out. NDP have no money to fail further and the Cons aren't even a contender for minority government win despite a new person at the helm. This system of government in Canada has all the tools to make it work, we just have a race to the bottom for leaders.
We're stuck with the monarchy for a very long time to come.
User avatar
csm
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 941
Joined: Apr 26th, 2005, 1:14 pm

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by csm »

Why wait? What we need is a constitutional republic ( a proper one - not another "Corporation") or we will forever be enslaved by a system that preaches freedom and democracy, but in reality is anything but - except for those of wealth and elite status.

We need a reset alright - we need a country owned by the people and managed by people elected to positions of trust - and when that trust is breached they can be "fired" and if they violate any of the laws they are sworn to defend - can also be prosecuted under those laws like anyone else.

Pipe dream maybe, but right now we are all experiencing on a global scale that freedom and democracy is, in reality, nothing more than a lie.

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 14th, 2021, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Compliance is a tool used by dictators, to take your freedom and never give it back.
Enjoy your new "Slave State"!
dg3
Board Meister
Posts: 455
Joined: Apr 23rd, 2011, 9:37 pm

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by dg3 »

say buh-bye,
also change british columbia name.
bc hard to forget,
change to 'big country'
Zoso
Übergod
Posts: 1459
Joined: Feb 6th, 2012, 10:12 am

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by Zoso »

Would be strange to not have a queen. Helps elected officials remember that they are still mere mortals , which is needed more than ever these days.
Strong and free
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66391
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by The Green Barbarian »

dg3 wrote:say buh-bye,
also change british columbia name.
bc hard to forget,
change to 'big country'
I always thought that it stood for "bring cash"....lol
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
mikest2
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2345
Joined: Aug 7th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by mikest2 »

Hard call, but if we're going to live in the dictatorship that Trudeau seems to be aiming for, I'd much rather have the Queen in charge.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
User avatar
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 32873
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by GordonH »

mikest2 wrote: Hard call, but if we're going to live in the dictatorship that Trudeau seems to be aiming for, I'd much rather have the Queen in charge.
Problem being She’s never exercised that authority and at Her age little likelihood She ever will, I can’t even imagine Charles being King.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
Posts: 51371
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: After Queen Elizabeth leaves us, should Canada end monar

Post by Bsuds »

GordonH wrote: I can’t even imagine Charles being King.
That's the scary part. He doesn't come across as being smart enough for the posting.
I might look normal but believe me, I talk to animals and wait for them to reply.

Return to “Canada”