A letter to every Christian priest pastor preacher in Canada

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: A letter to every Christian priest pastor preacher in Ca

Post by Ka-El »

Thinktank wrote: Does the government have the right to put someone in jail, for believing in God.
It does if that belief puts other people's life and health, their livelihoods and our entire economy at risk :smt045

They should practice what they preach; "Do unto others", … etc.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Think tank. We don’t promote taking vaccines nor promote not taking them. In fact it’s been repeated over and over that it’s a personal choice. You really should stop Assuming what I believe since you really don’t know.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Thinktank wrote: Does the government have the right to put someone in jail, for believing in God.
Ka-El wrote:It does if that belief puts other people's life and health, their livelihoods and our entire economy at risk.
:up:

So no one at the Edmonton church had Covid - but since James Coates believes in God, other people's lives are at risk, and he must go to a maximum security prison, where he could get Covid - and put people's lives at risk - according to the government.

Jesus Christ - this is getting bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47XfIWb ... Sg&index=1

@ 13:00 - he talks about Coates going to maximum security - and being at risk of getting Covid.

^ Real smart. Deena Hinshaw.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Thinktank wrote:Does the government have the right to put someone in jail, for believing in God.
No. That is protected and not in question.
Ka-El wrote:It does if that belief puts other people's life and health, their livelihoods and our entire economy at risk.
That would be a fair point, IF belief could put peoples lives at risk.

No amount of belief in anything can put peoples lives at risk. Not unless it can somehow be proven that our private thoughts can be a danger to others if we don't act on them.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

HEY - I WANT THE POPE TO GO TO JAIL FOR PREACHING IN A CHURCH

OR LET JAMES COATES OUT OF JAIL - IMMEDIATLY.

@ :21 look at all those people risking the whole world's life sitting close together in church - Is the Pope crazy?

POPE -> JAIL NOW!

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:HEY - I WANT THE POPE TO GO TO JAIL FOR PREACHING IN A CHURCH
What exact law did he break?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Thinktank wrote:HEY - I WANT THE POPE TO GO TO JAIL FOR PREACHING IN A CHURCH
Fancy wrote:What exact law did he break?

C-19
The Vaccine-hysteria Henry- Hinshaw-Tam law of really dumb government Covid church restrictions -

penalty is jail.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Ah - so you don't know.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

youjustcomplain wrote:
That would be a fair point, IF belief could put peoples lives at risk.
Belief's can put peoples lives at risk. Beliefs lead to action and history is rife with
examples of hate, violence and even genocide perpetrated in the name of beliefs.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Ka-El wrote: That would be a fair point, IF belief could put peoples lives at risk.
Belief's can put peoples lives at risk. Beliefs lead to action and history is rife with
examples of hate, violence and even genocide perpetrated in the name of beliefs.[/quote]

Well, but did they?
It's a tricky question and I'm fully prepared to be wrong here, but is it their private thoughts and beliefs that did those awful atrocities? Or was it the people doing those things?

I can believe anything, and I may act on those beliefs, but my actions are separate from my beliefs.

Belief, itself, doesn't put peoples lives at risk. People and their acting on beliefs do.

Maybe another way to put it might be the pedophile who never acts on his feelings and desires around children. He knows it's wrong but he feels some attraction towards kids. As a result he never harms a single child. His mind must be a mess. It must be torture for him to live his whole life never getting what he wants, but if he does this, does that put children at risk? We're talking only about this thoughts, not his actions. His thoughts alone don't put anyone at risk if he doesn't act on them.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

youjustcomplain wrote: It's a tricky question and I'm fully prepared to be wrong here, but is it their private thoughts and beliefs that did those awful atrocities? Or was it the people doing those things?
People act on their beliefs. Different beliefs = different action
youjustcomplain wrote: Belief, itself, doesn't put peoples lives at risk. People and their acting on beliefs do.
Ya, okay

youjustcomplain wrote: Maybe another way to put it might be the pedophile who never acts on his feelings and desires around children. He knows it's wrong but he feels some attraction towards kids.
In other words, despite his feelings and desire he knows (believes) that acting out on them would be harmful and wrong.

Yes, belief, itself, doesn't put peoples lives at risk. People and their acting on beliefs do. But it starts with beliefs.

Consider ...
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is an action-oriented form of psychosocial therapy that assumes that maladaptive, or faulty, thinking patterns cause maladaptive behavior and "negative" emotions. (Maladaptive behavior is behavior that is counter-productive or interferes with everyday living.) The treatment focuses on changing an individual's thoughts (cognitive patterns) in order to change his or her behavior and emotional state.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Ka-El wrote: Yes, belief, itself, doesn't put peoples lives at risk. People and their acting on beliefs do. But it starts with beliefs.

Consider ...
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is an action-oriented form of psychosocial therapy that assumes that maladaptive, or faulty, thinking patterns cause maladaptive behavior and "negative" emotions. (Maladaptive behavior is behavior that is counter-productive or interferes with everyday living.) The treatment focuses on changing an individual's thoughts (cognitive patterns) in order to change his or her behavior and emotional state.
I'm not trying to be argumentitive here. Of course our beliefs lead to our actions. :) I'm more in complete disagreement with Thinktank and his idiotic statement shown below:

Thinktank wrote:
Does the government have the right to put someone in jail, for believing in God.
Canada does has not put anyone in jail for their thoughts alone. This isn't minority report.
Ranger67
Fledgling

Post by Ranger67 »

Thinktank wrote:
Does the government have the right to put someone in jail, for believing in God.

Yes if that leads them to break/ignore the law. Seems it takes a very selfish person to put their faith above the safety of the rest of us.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Render unto Caesar . . .

ETA There are a lot of special places in your imaginary hell; now we encounter a new category, a pastor of a church who wants to jeopardize his flock with a virulent, transmissible disease. Trouble is, said flock is not apart from others in this world.

Yep, times are tough in Covid-land, but on Earth, the civil authorities are in charge. I agree the civil authorities might approach these challenges with a tad more sensitivity and flexibility, maybe asking for tests of congregational adherents or requiring them to isolate for 10 days for every unregulated church service attended. Meantime, pastors and certain politicians are not above the law.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Watch things get worse.

And the sheeple deserve it.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”