Payette resigned

Noisy Boater
Übergod

Re: Payette resigned

Post by Noisy Boater »

There is no need for this pig at trough govt position. Eliminate immediately . Stop stop stop. The sucking dry of taxpayers must end. Can someone please explain any benefit at all that this amount of money does for me. None zero zippo. Please god help me not go postal!!!
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Rideau Hall receives formal harassment complaint in wake of report detailing bullying by former GG

Rideau Hall has received a formal harassment complaint days after the federal government publicly released a report into the toxic workplace culture at the institution that led to the resignation of former governor general Julie Payette and her secretary.

That heavily-redacted report by Quintet Consulting reviewed claims Payette and her former secretary, Assunta Di Lorenzo, created a toxic work environment. The report found alleged incidents of harassment and bullying that prompted some employees to leave their jobs at Rideau Hall while more than a dozen others went on sick leave.

Quintet Consulting's report identified this specific harassment complaint during its review of Rideau Hall, but because it "fell outside the anticipated scope of the review," forwarded it on to the Privy Council Office (PCO) to deal with.

The PCO has now forwarded the complaint to Rideau Hall.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/r ... d=msedgntp

Tweedle-dee and Tweedle Real Dumb
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

What a joke our Federal Government is!

I sent a letter requesting information on the contract or agreement on Payette. This is cut and paste the reply I received regarding my enquiry.

On behalf of the Office of the Secretary to the Governor General, I thank you for your inquiry.

The responsibilities of the governor general have evolved over time, along with the evolution of Canada as a sovereign and independent nation. In 1947,letter patent signed by King George VI redefined the powers of the governor general. These letters patent “authorize and empower Our Governor General, with the advice of Our Privy Council for Canada or any members thereof or individually, as the case requires, to exercise all powers and authorities lawfully belonging to Us in respect of Canada”. Since then, the governor general has daily and fully exercised constitutional duties on behalf of the Head of State, not only in Canada, but also abroad. As per the letters patent, the governor general is also the commander-in-chief of Canada.

Kind regards,

Antoine Morin - INFO
Rideau Hall
1 Sussex Drive | 1, promenade Sussex
Ottawa (Ontario) K1A 0A1

I'm thinking anyone who reads this should send a request under the Freedom of Information Act and see what they get. Keep Morin ( Moron ) busy and earning jis wage.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ken7 wrote:What a joke our Federal Government is!
This is typical of the arrogant and idiotic Liberal government. All that is missing is a sentence somehow blaming Stephen Harper. What a joke. This is just a replay of the entire Pierre Trudeau experience - arrogance to the extreme. Canadians are peons, to be peed on whenever it is felt necessary. Just so disgusting. How did Canada allow ourselves to be right back where we were in 1973, five years into the reign of Justin's evil dad. Just so yuck.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
This is typical of the arrogant and idiotic Liberal government. All that is missing is a sentence somehow blaming Stephen Harper. What a joke. This is just a replay of the entire Pierre Trudeau experience - arrogance to the extreme. Canadians are peons, to be peed on whenever it is felt necessary. Just so disgusting. How did Canada allow ourselves to be right back where we were in 1973, five years into the reign of Justin's evil dad. Just so yuck.

I totally agree with you.

I've now sent a letter to Erin O'Toole and I'll see if he takes them to task. I think Federal Employees should be held to a higher standard as I was.

I also suggested changes need to be made in the house, as question period is a waste of tax dollars asking questions and getting answers very similar to what I received.

They should be held accountable and answer the question to the best of their ability. Even if it came down to, I can not give you a number. It will be brought back next visit.
lcpp64
Board Meister

Post by lcpp64 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Ken7 wrote:What a joke our Federal Government is!
Some of us let our guard down.

You know ,,, JT was not voted in ,,, Stephen was voted OUT

Let us hope some common sense prevails at the next “Big Vote”
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I happened across this in a news article.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/act ... age-1.html

Now wouldn't you think the one answering Tax Payers questions would know this? They then could act professionally and thank one for their request and provide them with the link. The Governor General’s Act.

I'm still waiting for a reply to my letter sent, no answers yet.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Looks like the Liberals are starting the hunt for a new Governor General, and are already screwing it all up like the infantile idiots that they are.
COMMENTARY: The search for Canada’s new governor general is not off to a great start

The rather unprecedented situation surrounding the position of governor general has presented an awkward dilemma for the prime minister.

There’s clearly some urgency in filling the position, but also a need to be deliberate and thoughtful in selecting a replacement, especially given the circumstances that brought about the vacancy in the first place.

Whether Justin Trudeau deserves the opportunity to make this decision yet again after botching it the first time is a moot point. He remains the prime minister, and therefore it is his decision to make.

So far, however, there’s little to instill confidence that this time around is going to be significantly different.

SNIP

After abandoning the independent advisory committee created by former Prime Minister Stephen Harper, the Liberals have suddenly discovered the wisdom of using such an approach to find a suitable candidate for governor general. Perhaps if the Liberals hadn’t so hastily discarded this approach, we would not be in this current predicament. And while it might seem on the surface that the Liberals have opted for the sober approach over the political approach, that’s not entirely the case.

The difference between this new advisory panel and the old advisory panel is that while the latter was truly arms-length from government, the former is clearly not. The co-chair of the newly announced advisory panel is none other than Dominic LeBlanc, Trudeau’s minister of intergovernmental affairs.

Given the political considerations that seem to have motivated the prime minister’s pick last time around and the political realities of a precarious Parliament and looming election, the last thing this process needs is any infusion of politics. LeBlanc’s inclusion might make the case for involving representatives from the opposition parties, but ideally this advisory committee would be absent of any political representation.

So why include LeBlanc at all? What value does he add to this process that offsets the optics of having a cabinet minister there in the first place? Given the scandal that befell Trudeau’s last selection, this process has become about more than just a replacement — it’s about rebuilding public confidence in the institution itself.

None of this is to conclude at this point that this whole endeavour is doomed to spawn another fiasco. However, the potential is very real that this process will take longer than it should and be more politicized than it should. That would be most unfortunate for both Canadians and the position of governor general itself.
https://globalnews.ca/news/7694360/comm ... r-general/
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Hey, LeBlanc is uniquely qualified to head this up. He's got the resume to make the most Liberalesque choice possible. No wonder Justin gave him this file!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/leblan ... -1.4820213
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.

Return to “Canada”