A letter to every Christian priest pastor preacher in Canada

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: A letter to every Christian priest pastor preacher in Ca

Post by occasional thoughts »

I saw that B.C. Premier John Horgan's approval rating is 66%. That'd be biting into the Bible-believing (etc., etc.) crowd in terms of constituent portions of the total population.
Lostnail

Post by Lostnail »

If God is everywhere why do you have to go to church to worship him.
Maybe you need conformation that your ideology is correct.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

occasional thoughts wrote:I saw that B.C. Premier John Horgan's approval rating is 66%. That'd be biting into the Bible-believing (etc., etc.) crowd in terms of constituent portions of the total population.
Pretty sure 66.6% was the actual number ;-)
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Thinktank wrote:Image

Watch things get worse.

And the sheeple deserve it.
I don't think your meme could have got it any more wrong.

Why do we go out into nature for hikes, or camping, or just as a get away? We do it to get away from other people. Nature isn't evil. In fact, it's about as neutral a place as you can find.

Evil wasn't here before us. We bring the evil to everything around us. I don't accept that evil just wins if good "men" do nothing. It's humans who create evil.

Good wins when humans do nothing.
Ranger67
Fledgling

Post by Ranger67 »

Seems that the good men did act and stopped the followers of the dark one from spreading the Coronavirus.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Ranger67 wrote:Seems that the good men did act and stopped the followers of the dark one from spreading the Coronavirus.

@ 4:45 you will see one of the most obscene things you will ever see - police arresting, handcuffing a guy - for nothing.
Put Bonnie Henry in jail.
Jail is to good for her , she needs to deported to China
But there was no church, and no coronavirus - the guy was preaching on the street.

:chicken:
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

I think we've crossed a line by suggesting that Dr. Bonnie Henry be put in jail and/or deported to China. This is the same tactic that the criminal No. 45 down south started using in his rallies about Hilary Clinton and formed the basis in part for the murderous insurrection of Jan. 6. It is interesting to me that the primary poster speaks primarily in memes and not words or information. The street preacher did not get jail for nothing. What laws did he break? Religious persecution is a sad thing, and there's not a lot of it in North America. Quebec once upon a time hated JWs and took official measures to suppress them. I can't of a religion that's much worse than JWs, but they and others don't deserve the state to come down on them.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:@ 4:45 you will see one of the most obscene things you will ever see - police arresting, handcuffing a guy - for nothing.
Another tidbit not true.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

occasional thoughts wrote:.. the primary poster speaks primarily in memes and not words or information.
Here's some words for you: Get James Coates out of jail.
Thinktank wrote: That's Deena Hinshaw. She looks about as brilliant as Bonnie Henry. She's Alberta's Chief Medical Officer of Health - the person responsible for putting James Coates in jail - for opening his church. For doing nothing wrong.

To every priest, pastor and preacher in Canada,
what are you going to do about this inustice?
Sing songs to God?

Collect donations from people? Read bible stories to people?
Tell people about how Jesus was killed on a cross for doing nothing, over and over and over until donations pour in?

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

I stand corrected. The "Street preacher arrested" meme was actually a video. So I listened to it, all 19.5 minutes.

Many years ago, as a very young adult, in another life, I also was a street preacher. The Gospel Halls of Vancouver convened a "street corner meeting" at Main and Hastings every Sunday night @ 9 p.m. Some of us also broke away on occasion to hand out religious tracts to anyone we met. We certainly did not expect to be arrested or face charges. and even today as a died-in-the- wool agnostic I would have been offended if such had happened. I will be interested to see the follow-up to this story. There is no direct evidence (o far) that the street preacher's Mischief charge was connected to his preaching. It is an obvious conclusion to jump to, but it might not be correct. Please post any follow-ups. The street preacher was apparently rather intelligent, very well spoken, and oh-so temperate in the face of the provocation of the circumstances.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

occasional thoughts wrote:I think we've crossed a line by suggesting that Dr. Bonnie Henry be put in jail and/or deported to China.
Youtubers are honest. Reading their comments is beneficial - to see how other people think. Not like the CBC who has said the word "vaccine" or "doses" 2.7 billion times since last March. Youtube comments are fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOKAka5 ... eQ&index=4

^ She says she sat in the middle seat in the middle row of a "packed" flight to Istanbul from Toronto - for what - fifteen hours?

The people at James Coates church never sat for fifteen hours, and they never sat as close as those on that airplane.
So that's what you call an injustice - putting the Pastor in jail. It's a crime. It's against God. And the youtubers were just
saying that - if we did things the way God does things - Bonnie and Deena would be in jail. And Coates would be out.

:smt045

Nothing wrong with that.

Ranger67
Fledgling

Post by Ranger67 »

It's against God

Am I wrong? or is god not all powerful and all knowing? If god is then the selfish pastor is getting what god has designed for him, if not then then what a waste of time religion is.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Exactly/well put. Which is why prayer is so out-and-out silly. It is why religions are correctly called faiths; disbeliefs must be suspended to be replaced by faith for any religion to succeed.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”