Bleeping

A potpourri of off-topics.
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Bleeping

Post by mexi cali »

Catsumi wrote:We also replace censor word workarounds with :cuss: in threads that don’t carry a language warning. We have inventive posters who use barely disguised swear words to defeat the censor program.
Ummmm, really? [icon_lol2.gif]
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Yet....flip the channel to a documentary on Africa and see Kimba and all her family walking around with everything hanging out....go figure. We have demonized nudity....we in N America are the ones that are bleeped up- not everyone else.
And in the vast majority of cases, that is a very good thing. :smt045
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Was it the emmys that bleeped out "schitts creek"? The absolute epitome of stupidity.

The only good part was that they had to do it so many times.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

mexi cali wrote:Was it the emmys that bleeped out "schitts creek"? The absolute epitome of stupidity.

Actually no, I don't think they did. B U T what they did do was show the TV series title "Schitts Creek" on the screen every time the host said "Schitts Creek".
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I have been watching a show called , Resident Alien"........

Now I am not offended by any profanity, in fact I am very bilingual in both English and profanity, and that show uses both.

The 1st couple of times, I was caught off guard by the bad words on TV, but now........they are just funny.
Bring back the LIKE button.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

alanjh595 wrote:I have been watching a show called , Resident Alien"........

Now I am not offended by any profanity, in fact I am very bilingual in both English and profanity, and that show uses both.

The 1st couple of times, I was caught off guard by the bad words on TV, but now........they are just funny.
I enjoy that show as well. I didn't even notice the profanity, perhaps I'm more "bilingual" than you. We are "held ransom" to the "good old US of A" and their abhorrence to colorful language and nudity, but their addiction to violence and guns.

I can't understand how the US networks require program producers to bleep out dirty language like "bum" in a TV show where kidnaping, torture, rape, murder, and dismembered bodies are the subject line.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

mexi cali wrote:Was it the emmys that bleeped out "schitts creek"? The absolute epitome of stupidity.

I was thinking of this post tonight watching Jeopardy. (Talk about good timing)

There was a question about the female lead on a TV show. The answer (or I guess more correctly, the question) was her name. She starred on Schitt's Creek. The contestant incorrectly gave the answer, as the name of the show. Jeopardy NEVER captions contestant's answers. As the contestant stated "Schitt's Creek" Schitt's Creek was shown on the screen.

Return to “Grab Bag”