Walmart Canada hands out $120M in bonuses to employees

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Walmart Canada hands out $120M in bonuses to employees

Post by oneh2obabe »

At least the employees who busted their butts get something. Years ago a manager told me how the bonus plan worked but for the life of me can't remember. No biggie - it's probably been revised.
Walmart Canada handed out $120 million worth of annual cash bonuses to more than 75,000 employees on Friday, thanks to the company’s strong performance through the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly in Canada.

The company’s annual incentive program for employees topped $120 million this year, 30 per cent more than in 2020. The payout is based on sales performance and customer service goals on a store-by-store basis. This year, approximately 15,000 more employees will receive the bonus than last year.
https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/walma ... 26915.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Walmart Canada hands out $120M in bonuses to employees

Post by GordonH »

Knowing walmart most of that 120 million won’t be going to front-line employees, corporate will be getting vast majority of it.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

No, the bonus payments go to store employees from the manager down to all staff.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

oneh2obabe wrote: No, the bonus payments go to store employees from the manager down to all staff.
Unfortunately I don’t know anyone who works at walmart, so 120 million divided by 75,000 employees = $1,600

If true front-line workers deserve it, I still will never shop there.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

It's a sliding scale what staff receive. It's a sliding scale - managers, assistant managers, department managers, store staff and so on.

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

oneh2obabe wrote: It's a sliding scale what staff receive. It's a sliding scale - managers, assistant managers, department managers, store staff and so on.
Management are the ones getting majority of this... so frontline staff will probably be lucky if they see couple hundred dollars.
It’s just PR thing trying to show walmart owners actually give a damn, chances are they can get some tax breaks for doing this.

If the company really wants to build moral, give frontline workers the biggest amount per/employee. Then go up the food chain from there.
As automation continues to grow... human frontline workers will continue to decrease.
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Pretty sure they get more than a couple hundred bucks. When I was doing in-store marketing in Walmart, one of the employees told me they just got their bonus. She was surprised it was $1,300 when the year before she got $975.

Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Walmart managers are worked to the bones in Walmart lol. Same with assistant managers, department managers, etc. Just because they're managers doesn't mean they don't work. I knew the lady who used to run Walmart in West K, holy crap she was the first one in, the last one out, and always stressed out.
Nooby
Übergod

Post by Nooby »

GordonH wrote:
oneh2obabe wrote: It's a sliding scale what staff receive. It's a sliding scale - managers, assistant managers, department managers, store staff and so on.
Management are the ones getting majority of this... so frontline staff will probably be lucky if they see couple hundred dollars.
It’s just PR thing trying to show walmart owners actually give a damn, chances are they can get some tax breaks for doing this.

If the company really wants to build moral, give frontline workers the biggest amount per/employee. Then go up the food chain from there.
As automation continues to grow... human frontline workers will continue to decrease.
Not unlike bonus programs at many companies - including the one I work for. The higher up you are, the larger the percentage you receive.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Chump change. They probably had to dig under the cushions for ten whole minutes to find that amount.

It is always better to get some thing versus nothing but make it meaningful. And structure so that those who already make double or triple the salary get the least.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Vacancyrate
Banned

Post by Vacancyrate »

So Walmart gives out $120 to their workers but quick research shows that because Walmart doesn't pay full-time hours or livable wages their employees draw 6.2 billion dollars in government assistance and food bank assistance from the taxpayer.

The Walton's are some of the richest people on the planet and their workers are so poor they draw billions of dollars and Welfare but hey they chipped in 120 million so everybody should celebrate what nice people they are.

Don't wheel of state-sponsored propaganda fed us by local media? This is absolute fake news. Let's see the government regulate this kind of fake news LOL.
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

Vacancyrate wrote:So Walmart gives out $120 to their workers but quick research shows that because Walmart doesn't pay full-time hours or livable wages their employees draw 6.2 billion dollars in government assistance and food bank assistance from the taxpayer.

The Walton's are some of the richest people on the planet and their workers are so poor they draw billions of dollars and Welfare but hey they chipped in 120 million so everybody should celebrate what nice people they are.

Don't wheel of state-sponsored propaganda fed us by local media? This is absolute fake news. Let's see the government regulate this kind of fake news LOL.
Hard to believe that the Waltons started with one small store and then applied themselves. Nah, just expect everyone else to give you their money
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

Vacancyrate wrote:So Walmart gives out $120 to their workers but quick research shows that because Walmart doesn't pay full-time hours or livable wages their employees draw 6.2 billion dollars in government assistance and food bank assistance from the taxpayer.

Got a link ? 6.2 billion in Canada ?
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Not Canada. The $6.2B is from a report from 2014.

Report: Walmart Workers Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion In Public Assistance
https://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconn ... edba79720b

Return to “Canada”