Pandemic Kitchen renos - hey home anyhow

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Pandemic Kitchen renos - hey home anyhow

Post by Lady tehMa »

normaM wrote:friends are a bit freaked, they like the kitchen as it is.. but the cabinets just are nothing I would have selected.
Bigger the kitchen, more cleaning Lady :)
When I do mine (eventually) I'm taking out the L-shape and putting in an island. Then, on the far wall, I get rid of the china cabinet and cart that holds the toaster oven, and the small filing cabinet. Those will get replaced by cabinets that will run almost floor-to-ceiling, with a break for a counter. More storage (tidy storage) and gets rid of clutter while using the space more efficiently. With the extra counter space, I can move the coffee maker and accessories over there. I have been planning this for a few years. But windows first.
I haven't failed until I quit.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

well that was a learning experience. PLace I selected, spent a bunch of time - crickets back. Guess they have bigger jobs. A problem trying to reno during a pandemic when everyone else is doing the same thing as they stuck at home
So taking that money and having the house exterior painted. They figure about a week.
Sun has faded the stucco - going with the same colors tho - except some changes to a few areas
Hope the weather gets good fast, can't get windows done or power washing decks til painting done and well dried

I create my own stressors
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Everyone I know just about are doing renos and most have started at the same time - looking at 3 weeks to the end of May for some trades right now and I doubt it's going to get any faster with the nicer weather supposedly around the corner. Good luck.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

The painters are for certain. I am about the last job they are taking - fully booked thru the Spring/summer
Meanwhile friends have been told their fridge is backordered again - 3 months and counting
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Creative Endeavours”