Shipping freight to Ontario - any recommendations??

Business and professional recommendations.
rockandroller

Shipping freight to Ontario - any recommendations??

Post by rockandroller »

I have a couple of small loads of furniture and miscellaneous household goods to ship east.
I've tried various 'online shipping quote request' forms, and got a barrage of cookie cutter quotes back from a lot of companies I have never heard of.

Can anyone recommend a good "moving and storage" company that has an office locally, or in Kelowna perhaps?? (I will also have another shipment that has to go out to Ontario from Penticton soon)

The last time I did any serious moving was more than a decade ago with "Atlas Van Lines" - I recall they did a good job, but were definitely on the expensive side of things. Hoping to find a more local option if I can.

Not a whole truckload I think , some new (couch, dressers) furniture still in boxes, and numerous regular house move boxes, you know the kind... a thousand pounds, maybe two. No big hurry - a week or two is fast enough.
Any suggestions are gratefully appreciated!
seewood
Guru

Re: Shipping freight to Ontario - any recommendations??

Post by seewood »

Will it fit in a 20' container? Barry and Smith in Penticton go east.

years ago I asked about bringing a sail boat back from Ontario, they could do it but it was cheaper to find a boat here.
I am not wealthy but I am rich
ol goat
Fledgling

Re: Shipping freight to Ontario - any recommendations??

Post by ol goat »

U Haul with their Ibox program goes across the country too
You only get one chance to use TODAY wisely otherwise it becomes yesterday and it’s gone

Return to “Referrals”