Good News for Alberta

hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Good News for Alberta

Post by hobbyguy »

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busines ... ure-group/

"Alberta, Ottawa launch carbon capture group

On Monday, the province and Ottawa announced a joint working group that will develop a carbon capture strategy to expand use of the technology in the oil sector. It came as The Globe and Mail reported Alberta’s intention to seek $30-billion in federal spending or tax incentives over the next decade to spur the building of large-scale industrial carbon capture projects."

This will help a bit in the short to mid term. It may create/extend some jobs.

I wonder though if we truly understand the ramifications of pumping CO2 into the ground?
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

hobbyguy wrote:
I wonder though if we truly understand the ramifications of pumping CO2 into the ground?
I wonder that too. I also wonder why this is being done. For what purpose? CO2 is a gas that is necessary for all plant life on earth to live. It should be in the air to be consumed by trees and plants, to provide mankind with wood and food. What is with this desperate need to stop CO2 being put into the earth's atmosphere? It's just so silly! What is really going on here?
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 5th, 2021, 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 5th, 2021, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Septuagenarian wrote:Danielle is getting trashed for this,
What total idiots are trashing her?

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 5th, 2021, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Septuagenarian wrote:
And please include the links to my sources in my posts: as I've requested of you previously.
I don't know what this means. I don't care what you've requested.

Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Okay--reset.
Septuagenarian wrote:Danielle is getting trashed for this, but from what I’ve seen during my recent travels to help my family out, what she is claiming is on the verge of actually happening.

“Smith: Despite the gloom, boom times are just around the corner in Alberta”

https://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/col ... 10eee3d1d0
removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Apr 16th, 2021, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

removed
in my reset I forgot to add how Danielle is getting trashed 'in the comments section below her op-ed, https://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/col ... 10eee3d1d0.
Last edited by Catsumi on Apr 17th, 2021, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Maybe try to post without silliness
d0nb
Übergod

Post by d0nb »

Danielle could be right. As governments around the world inflate the price of commodities with deficit spending, countries rich in resources of all kinds will do better than countries that will have to buy energy, metals, lumber and food with inflation-ravaged currencies.

Aside from competent political leadership, BC and Alberta have everything they need to weather the coming storm. But even here, homelessness and hunger will climb as inflation makes rent and food ever less affordable.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 5th, 2021, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Septuagenarian wrote:

"According to Leger’s 2020 polling report, 70 per cent of Alberta high school students surveyed are worried about their future as a result of climate change, with more than 50 per cent feeling they lack the knowledge and capability to do anything about it. At the same time, however, more than two-thirds of youth agreed that climate education within schools should be a top priority; something it is undoubtedly not at the current time. Consequently, this lack of education has spawned a generation of students insecure about their futures."
And the only reason these students "feel" this way is because they are being lied to. And that's the saddest thing about this. All of this "insecurity about their futures" is total garbage. Those who have pushed this horrible apocalyptic nonsense on these kids to make them feel this way about something that doesn't even exist should be jailed. There has to be accountability for bringing such large amounts of evil into the lives of our kids. They shouldn't be burdened with this evil nonsense, they have enough to worry about that's actually real, like the massive amounts of debt being foisted on them by their drunken sailor political leaders. That's a real threat to their futures, the lies about the man-made climate change fraud are not.

Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 5th, 2021, 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Septuagenarian wrote::up: Yeah. What a waste of money when you can just lie to them at home.
Or you can tell them the truth at home - that man made climate change is a hoax, and that there is nothing to worry about. The main thing to worry about are the trillions of dollars wasted "fighting" this stupid fraud, when that money could have gone to curing disease and providing clean drinking water and food to the masses still living in third world conditions. But hey screw those people, let's blow the money on windmills that generate almost no electricity instead. What a freaking joke.

Septuagenarian
Übergod

Post by Septuagenarian »

Self removed.
Last edited by Septuagenarian on Sep 5th, 2021, 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Canada”