The Liberals and arrogance: Democracy is dying

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

The Liberals and arrogance: Democracy is dying

Post by Gone_Fishin »

The biggest threat to our democracy is dismissive, arrogant Liberal politicians that refuse to accept the views of anyone except their own minions. Canadians are dying because of Liberal arrogance.

MALCOLM: No, Minister Hajdu, the Vitamin D conversation isn't 'fake news'

Vitamin D is “fake news” according to our ever-wise federal Health Minister Patty Hajdu.

In an exchange with an independent MP during Question Period on Thursday, Hajdu dismissed a question about how vitamin D supplements may help prevent illnesses like COVID-19.

“Can the minister explain why Health Canada’s website states that most Canadians are getting enough vitamin D and doesn’t actively recommend supplementing,” asked independent MP Derek Sloan.

“I would encourage the member opposite to not fall prey to the myriad of fake news articles that are circulating around the Internet,” replied Hajdu.

“What Canadians need now is trust, and they need to be able to trust in the information that their elected officials are sharing. I would urge the member to get his sources from credible sites.”

This would be news to my doctor in Toronto, who prescribed vitamin D to me during my recent pregnancy and specifically said it could be a preventative measure against contracting COVID-19.

snip

When Hajdu was asked by a CTV reporter whether Canada trusted China’s numbers, she said there was “no indication that the data that came out of China … was falsified in any way.”

“Your question is feeding into conspiracy theories that many people have been perpetuating on the internet,” she sneered.

A few days later, the Chinese government itself admitted its numbers were wrong and retroactively changed the data.

In November 2020, Hajdu did it again. During Question Period she was asked about Canada’s lacklustre vaccine rollout and replied by accusing a Lethbridge MP of spreading “fake and dangerous news.”

The supposedly “fake and dangerous news” came from this very publication, the Sun, where my colleague Anthony Furey used government data to reveal that “very few people who are not suffering from a previous medical condition have actually died of COVID-19.”

Furey’s report was accurate, but it was inconvenient to the government’s doom and gloom narrative.

Using government data to reveal a hidden fact is not “fake and dangerous news,” being skeptical of the adversarial Chinese communists is not “propaganda,” and wondering if vitamin D may make us healthier is not “fake news,” regardless of what one self-righteous Trudeau minister believes.

Hajdu says that Canadians must trust their government.

I’ve got news for Hajdu: so-called fake news isn’t the problem. It would be easier to trust this government if it wasn’t wrong so often.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... -fake-news
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: The Liberals and arrogance: Democracy is dying

Post by The Green Barbarian »

the Liberal cabinet is littered with unqualified imbeciles, of that no one can really dispute, but Patty Hajdu has to rank right up there as one of the dumbest cabinet ministers, and that's already a pretty low bar, with Seamus and Climate Einstein in the mix. Just wow, what a complete idiot Hajdu is. Is it any wonder why Canada's pandemic response has been so awful??
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:the Liberal cabinet is littered with unqualified imbeciles, of that no one can really dispute, but Patty Hajdu has to rank right up there as one of the dumbest cabinet ministers, and that's already a pretty low bar, with Seamus and Climate Einstein in the mix. Just wow, what a complete idiot Hajdu is. Is it any wonder why Canada's pandemic response has been so awful??
If you want an idiot, look at Candice Malcolm. Promoting covidiocy. Last I heard Candice Malcolm is living large in Palo Alto while shilling far right conspiracy nonsense to suckers. So who does Malcolm "quote"? Another far right figure - Furey who is an unqualified fool who wanders into "infowars" territory.

This is just classic anti-science rubbish pedaled by the far right and spun into nonsense for suckers.

The Trudeau Liberals are not the anti-democracy force in this - it is the idiots on the far right that shill conspiracy theory nonsense for $$$$. https://pressprogress.ca/journalists-ac ... -theories/
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote:
If you want an idiot, look at Candice Malcolm.
No, rather than shooting the messenger, I'll focus on the true idiot in this story, and that's idiot Patty Hajdu. And a true idiot she is. So unqualified, so dumb. And that personifies Canada's horrible response to COVID. Just the worst. The Liberals are just plain awful.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

oldtrucker wrote:
Gone_Fishin wrote:Canadians are dying because of Liberal arrogance.
Gone_Fishin wrote:he biggest threat to our democracy is dismissive, arrogant Liberal politicians that refuse to accept the views of anyone except their own minions.
Name one major federal or provincial political party that accepts the views of anyone other than their own minions.
It depends. The Liberals have changed legislation, budget items, and implementations upon suggestions from the Bloc, and the NDP - as well as taking feedback from premiers and adjusting. Not so much in terms of paying any attention to the conspiracy theory prone far right elements of the CPC or the very far left loonies on the fringes of the Greens and NDP.. Heck, even O'Toole booted one of those very far right clowns.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote: The Liberals have changed legislation, budget items, and implementations upon suggestions from the Bloc, and the NDP -
To stay in power, they are appeasing the Bloc-heads and the New Dumbs...not out of some altruistic streak that's for sure. The Liberals just plain suck.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

People are surprised, by now hopefully majority of citizens would have figured out jt is :cuss: jack :swear:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
hobbyguy wrote: The Liberals have changed legislation, budget items, and implementations upon suggestions from the Bloc, and the NDP -
To stay in power, they are appeasing the Bloc-heads and the New Dumbs...not out of some altruistic streak that's for sure. The Liberals just plain suck.
Nah, we all know who the suckers are... and it ain't the Liberals.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote:
Nope, it's the suckers that support the Liberals. And woo boy are they gullible fools.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

hobbyguy wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:the Liberal cabinet is littered with unqualified imbeciles, of that no one can really dispute, but Patty Hajdu has to rank right up there as one of the dumbest cabinet ministers, and that's already a pretty low bar, with Seamus and Climate Einstein in the mix. Just wow, what a complete idiot Hajdu is. Is it any wonder why Canada's pandemic response has been so awful??
If you want an idiot, look at Candice Malcolm. Promoting covidiocy. Last I heard Candice Malcolm is living large in Palo Alto while shilling far right conspiracy nonsense to suckers. So who does Malcolm "quote"? Another far right figure - Furey who is an unqualified fool who wanders into "infowars" territory.

This is just classic anti-science rubbish pedaled by the far right and spun into nonsense for suckers.

The Trudeau Liberals are not the anti-democracy force in this - it is the idiots on the far right that shill conspiracy theory nonsense for $$$$. https://pressprogress.ca/journalists-ac ... -theories/
Is Candice Malcom a Cabinet Minister ? No, Patty Hadju is, so she is responsible for the health of Canadians. Why, whenever the incompetence of a Liberal is pointed out (not hard to do) you immediately bring up someone else, whether that be a Conservative MP, Conservative premier, or journalist. Why are your liberal Gods above scrutiny ? If I performed as badly and told porky pies like Trudeau, Hadju, Sajjan, or the rest, I would have been sacked long ago.

edited for poor syntax
Last edited by mikest2 on Apr 25th, 2021, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

hobbyguy wrote:
Nope, it's the suckers that support the Liberals. And woo boy are they gullible fools.
GB wins the internet! Pure gold!

The idiot Liberals and their idiot supporters should have their *bleep* kicked, as my dear old dad used to say. The spectacle of arrogance and lying coming from the Liberals and their brain-dead supporters is truly Un-Canadian. Hajdu's dismissive attitude is rampant in their ranks.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

hobbyguy wrote:
The Liberals have changed legislation, budget items, and implementations upon suggestions from the Bloc, and the NDP -
To add to what GB said there is also the thing that none or at least very few of the Liberals are smart enough to come up with good ideas. SNC Lavalin no bid contracts, WE charity no bid contracts, Deals with the Chinese that go south and an endless number of other bungles are not good ideas. So they have to take all the help they can get.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Ah, yes, Patty Hajdu, the Minister who told us 14 months ago that closing the border would not stop the spread of the virus (because only a racist bigot would want to close the border to stop the spread of Covid).
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Glacier wrote:Ah, yes, Patty Hajdu, the Minister who told us 14 months ago that closing the border would not stop the spread of the virus (because only a racist bigot would want to close the border to stop the spread of Covid).
Yup - just tack that on to the list of downright idiotic moves this bunch of unqualified goofballs have pulled on Canadians since being elected. The Liberals just plain suck.

Return to “Canada”