Justin Apologizes Again

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Justin Apologizes Again

Post by Glacier »

The interesting thing about Justin's apologies is that:
1) He can never stop doing it.
2) It is always someone else's fault, usual people from the past.
3) He never apologies for his own culpability.

The harm done by Justin Trudeau’s apology to Italian-Canadians might require an apology of its own

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion ... ans-might/
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Justin Apologizes Again

Post by OKkayak »

I have a quick question. Is this being done nation by nation alphabetically or is there another protocol in place to make sure we apologize to everyone and anyone?

Seriously, what the frack does this achieve or change?

Not a darn thing.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

oh for the love of Prada..
"Trudeau replied that Canadians of Italian heritage “deal with ongoing discrimination related to mistakes made by our governments of the past that continue to affect them to this day.”

“I’m proud to stand up and say that our government will right these wrongs with a formal apology in the month of May.”
wonder if he'll pony up money?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

What the :cuss: Most Italian families I’ve ever met moved to Canada after WW2. They did so because because of the positive experience they had with Canadian soldiers during the war, I highly doubt there’s more than a very small handful of Italian Canadians that are even aware that a very few Italian Canadians were interned during the war.
Last edited by Catsumi on May 4th, 2021, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Use the icon, thanks
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

OKkayak wrote:I have a quick question. Is this being done nation by nation alphabetically or is there another protocol in place to make sure we apologize to everyone and anyone?

Not a darn thing.
Unfortunately Trudeau does nothing with sincerity other than Rob Canadians of rights and money. This is just to try and make him look good. A completely selfish political move.
It would be similar to if people expected me to apologize for racism that happened a hundred years ago by people that I don't even know or are related to.
Before Trudeau got into Power I really thought if he did make it he might do some good because he's young but I can't believe how crooked he is and wish somebody would do something about it to show politicians Canadians won't take it laying down. But unfortunately it appears we have
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Every year we have to invent a fresh batch of manufactured "victims".

It was a close call between the Italians & the Swiss this year.

The Swiss lost out only because their views on gun laws contradict the liberal narative.
No Canadian apology for you cheese lovers till you repent from your evil ways

Next years' contestants; Liechtenstein & Tuvalu

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAdNAAAAJDQ3ZjhkY2Y1LWYzYzktNGVlYS1hNGU2LWNiMGIyOTUxZGIwNg.jpg
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
OKkayak
Walks on Forum Water

Post by OKkayak »

normaM wrote: "Trudeau replied that Canadians of Italian heritage “deal with ongoing discrimination related to mistakes made by our governments of the past that continue to affect them to this day.”
On going discrimination? Like what? Complaining theres not enough garlic in my marinara? Or saying their mom's lasagna isn't that good? [icon_lol2.gif]

Ok, sorry, that last one crossed a line. I apologize :biggrin:

Geezus, my dad's side of the family is Italian. Should let him know about the apology [icon_lol2.gif]
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

OKkayak wrote:
Geezus, my dad's side of the family is Italian. Should let him know about the apology [icon_lol2.gif]
I'm sure he'll be extremely happy as you have to know that this horrible treatment of Italians including himself must have been weighing on his mind for a long time now.... [icon_lol2.gif]
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I wish we could have a leader who one day would just stand up and say " :cuss: I'm not apologizing anymore. Everyone's ancestors were oppressed, displaced, harassed, discriminated against, or lived in fear at some point in their history That's been the human condition since the very beginning of time. No one's ancestors suffered anymore than anyone else. Get over it and get on with your lives."
Last edited by Catsumi on May 5th, 2021, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Use icon, thanks
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

techrtr wrote:I wish we could have a leader who one day would just stand up and say " :cuss: I'm not apologizing anymore. Everyone's ancestors were oppressed, displaced, harassed, discriminated against, or lived in fear at some point in their history That's been the human condition since the very beginning of time. No one's ancestors suffered anymore than anyone else. Get over it and get on with your lives."
:up: :up:
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

techrtr wrote:I wish we could have a leader who one day would just stand up and say " :cuss: I'm not apologizing anymore. Everyone's ancestors were oppressed, displaced, harassed, discriminated against, or lived in fear at some point in their history That's been the human condition since the very beginning of time. No one's ancestors suffered anymore than anyone else. Get over it and get on with your lives."
100% correct..........
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

OKkayak wrote:I have a quick question. Is this being done nation by nation alphabetically or is there another protocol in place to make sure we apologize to everyone and anyone?

Not a darn thing.
I'm actually tired of all the apologies. Firstly over the past 100 years every time there is history brought forward. The Prime Minister of Canada apologizes. Yes, there are times where a apology is appropriate.

In saying that, I'm not going to apologize for something that one I was not responsible for. It happened 40, 50 years ago. Really, the apology isn't worth the paper he wrote it out on.

It could be acknowledged as a wrong doing by Government and maybe a man giving his / her word that our Government will not allow this to happen again.

Sadly thing in the past can not be changed. If I was the persons who my ancestors were wronged by, I'd be more upset that he apologized for actions that other made years past. It won't change thing from 50 years ago, but I'd love to hear it will not be tolerated.

Hearing Trudeau speak about the Military today, he knew what was happening. He did nothing at all, and for him to speak about it, he was accused of sexual assaulting a female.

"It's all in how someone perceives it," as he said.

All he is doing is researching and trying to bring that ethnic group in as supporters. All about the next election. He needs to go!
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Who discriminates against Italians? Justin Trudeau does, that's who! He compared them to ISIS terrorists, remember?
“At a town hall meeting in Edmonton last week, Prime Minister Trudeau was asked a question from a member of the audience who raised concern about ISIS fighters returning to Canada and the long-term impact of their terrorist ideology on our country’s safety and security,” said Housakos.

“The Prime Minister responded by comparing returning ISIS fighters — responsible for beheadings, burning people alive, sexual slavery, throwing men over rooftop buildings because they are gay, just to name a few of their atrocities — with immigrants historically welcomed to Canada from countries such as Greece, Italy and Portugal.

https://www.lavalnews.ca/senator-housak ... -comments/
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Who discriminates against Italians? Justin Trudeau does, that's who! He compared them to ISIS terrorists, remember?
Now that's something to apologize for - but on the other hand, this is the kind of stupidity we expect from our PM, isn't it?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

OKkayak wrote: May 4th, 2021, 2:22 am I have a quick question. Is this being done nation by nation alphabetically or is there another protocol in place to make sure we apologize to everyone and anyone?

Not a darn thing.
It is in a effort to gain votes and nothing else.

Return to “Canada”