My New Job

A potpourri of off-topics.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

My New Job

Post by Bsuds »

I think I need to find a spot for my new booth...

"A Well-Planned Retirement Outside England ’s Bristol Zoo there is a parking lot for 150 cars and 8 buses. For 25 years, its parking fees were managed by a very pleasant attendant....The fees for cars ($1.40),for buses (about $7).Then, one day, after 25 solid years of never missing a day of work, he just didn't show up; so the zoo management called the city council and asked it to send them another parking agent. The council did some research and replied that the parking lot was the zoo's own responsibility. The zoo advised the council that the attendant was a city employee. The city council responded that the lot attendant had never been on the city payroll. Meanwhile, sitting in his villa somewhere on the coast of Spain, or France, or Italy, is a man who'd apparently had a ticket booth installed completely on his own and then had simply begun to show up every day, commencing to collect and keep the parking fees, estimated at about $560 per day -- for 25 years. Assuming 7 days a week, this amounts to just over $7 million dollars ......and no one even knows his name. "
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Even Steven
Guru

Re: My New Job

Post by Even Steven »

Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

But what a great idea!
I birn quil I se
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Back home this guy
https://apnews.com/article/a91839cb5c0c ... 436dc5dffc
snip"
The defendant, Salim Kara, built a $750,000 mansion with the coins he scooped out of fare boxes with narrow magnet-equipped rods while pretending to carry out his job as a transit maintenance man.

Kara deposited up to $7,500 a week in rolled coins, prosecutor Bill Pinckney said Monday. Bank employees did not suspect anything because Kara told them he ran a vending machine business.

He used the money to supplement his $28,000 salary and buy two cars, as well as his luxury home and property in British Columbia.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Even Steven wrote:Apparently, it's a made-up story.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fake- ... attendant/
That's not surprising at all but it's still a good idea. Chances are it would never work though.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

I read a couple of stories about this guy
https://www.inquirer.com/news/the-secre ... 10309.html
I suppose the corporate buzz phrase would be thinking outside the box.
I birn quil I se

Return to “Grab Bag”