24%

Total votes: 38

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Canada Census

Post by GordonH »

Here’s a link to each of questionnaires:
https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-rece ... ex-eng.cfm
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lifegives
Board Meister

Post by lifegives »

Lucky enough to get the short form, didn't even make it through one song on the playlist before finishing.
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

Even Steven wrote:I like how people are super paranoid about govt spying on them through cell phones/vaccines/cameras but when the govt is asking what's your name/where do you live/how much money you make/what do you spend on adult toys everybody rushes in to fill it out.
The government already knows all that stuff anyway. :D

People shouldn't be so flippant about the census. Its used to determine several things including tax spending, transfer payments and future planning for things like health care and labour markets. It provides a snapshot of the population and demographics across the country. It helps decide, for example, schools based on areas with a high density of young families... or agriculture spending in areas high a high population of people in farming.. etc.

If you're not counted then your needs might be overlooked. Its not a joke.
smoky500
Fledgling

Post by smoky500 »

didn't do it because I never received the form
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It seems like the only thing they care about in this census is what gender I identify as.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote:It seems like the only thing they care about in this census is what gender I identify as.
And what gender you were when you were born.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Glacier wrote:It seems like the only thing they care about in this census is what gender I identify as.
And what gender you were when you were born.
I put my 2 year old down as transgender. Ask stupid questions, you get stupid answers...

Note: I did not do that, but I guarantee that some people will do this because they're tired of the woke BS.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

our govt has proven time and time again they-- can not ---keep are personal information safe from hackers-need i say more
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

oldtrucker wrote:The 1877 855 2021 phone number provided in the article is out of service.
Of course that number is out of service - it's not the correct number. The number shown in the article is 1-877-885-2021 and when/if you call it, you'll get the "welcome to the questionnaire assistance line" message.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oldtrucker wrote: I was hatched....do I still have to do it?
That depends' what type of old clucker are you?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

Even Steven wrote:

Just thought I'd check with the others.
it took me maybe 3 minutes. There is a long form that asks a lot of questions. I used to get that every time. Just luck of the draw.
It is not a big deal. You will spend more time typing in a reply to this message than it takes to fill out the forms.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

oldtrucker wrote:Imagine asking your roommate those questions as in #13 to about #35. (Seriously, read them)
I actually forwarded this to ctv news about these questions being no ones business but the roommates. See if they get back to me.
You just got the long form. Few get that. What were the questions. I have had the long form a few times. In a row. The short form is a piece of cake.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

the truth wrote:our govt has proven time and time again they-- can not ---keep are personal information safe from hackers-need i say more
Yes, Please provide an example of Stats Can letting hackers in.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

butcher99 wrote:
the truth wrote:our govt has proven time and time again they-- can not ---keep are personal information safe from hackers-need i say more
Yes, Please provide an example of Stats Can letting hackers in.
google is your friend try it,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

the truth wrote:

google is your friend try it,
No, sorry. It is your argument that Stats Can is letting hackers in. It is not up to me to prove it. Not how it works. You make a statement and provide proof then I will show you how you are wrong. Yet again.

CRA has had two attacks that resulted in some passwords being stolen. Those accounts were rapidly closed. That is not statsCan.
Stats Canada has had a couple of instances where data was released early. One case was a minute early.

So, Google is your friend? Have your friend show us where hackers actually got into StatsCan.
I await your answer but I sure as hell am not holding my breath.

you continually make these wild accusations and are not able to back them up. So, Here is your big chance.

Return to “Canada”