I miss the Like Button

A potpourri of off-topics.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

I miss the Like Button

Post by stuphoto »

Were we bad, and had the like button removed, or does it just not work with the upgrade?

I know I am not alone and have seen other members mention it.
ckil
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: I miss the Like Button

Post by ckil »

stuphoto wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 8:45 pm Were we bad, and had the like button removed, or does it just not work with the upgrade?

Like!
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

stuphoto wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 8:45 pm Were we bad, and had the like button removed, or does it just not work with the upgrade?

We are now WOKE. :swear:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
lifegives
Board Meister

Post by lifegives »

Never used it when it was here and not missing it. Learned a while ago through social media that it's a tool to keep a user on the site and exposed to advertisement, nothing else really. It never contributed to the conversation, just gave people a fake warm fuzzy feeling. Dogpile anyone?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's just like how when your child dies you will miss it for a while, but eventually the pain subsides enough that you can get on with the rest of your life.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Glacier wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 10:28 pm It's just like how when your child dies you will miss it for a while, but eventually the pain subsides enough that you can get on with the rest of your life.
C14612C4-7BCD-466A-A685-E25F1F2BF935.jpeg
You and 71 others Like this post
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Glacier hehehe
I'll just use a pretend like Button. Don't think it will return
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

I liked it as a tool,
If you agreed with someone, especially someone you don't usually agree with. Giving them a like is often better than responding to their post.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

stuphoto wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 8:28 am I liked it as a tool,
If you agreed with someone, especially someone you don't usually agree with. Giving them a like is often better than responding to their post.
Like.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I miss it.

I generally lurk and don't often feel like contributing to the conversation. I do enjoy being able to offer my support to a poster that is particularly on point. I like to be able to indicate my agreement with an opinion (or a meme!) without having to find words to restate something that has been already stated satisfactorily.

When I started on these boards I was far more willing to step up and offer my own opinion. Now, I haven't the energy. I have become much more passive, but the "like" feature allowed me to still feel involved.
I haven't failed until I quit.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

^^Like^^
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Lady tehMa wrote: May 24th, 2021, 8:45 am I miss it.

I generally lurk and don't often feel like contributing to the conversation. I do enjoy being able to offer my support to a poster that is particularly on point. I like to be able to indicate my agreement with an opinion (or a meme!) without having to find words to restate something that has been already stated satisfactorily.

When I started on these boards I was far more willing to step up and offer my own opinion. Now, I haven't the energy. I have become much more passive, but the "like" feature allowed me to still feel involved.
Good comment. My thoughts exactly.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Funny, I posted this meme, and a few minutes later the "like" button disappeared.
FB_IMG_1622086101138.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

keep your like button... but bring back hellomynameis
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Agreed. It was a quick and easy way to acknowledge support when you didn't feel like spewing words.

I think we could also use a "have you lost your freaking mind" button and a "man, you're stupid".
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Grab Bag”