66%
I don't care
24%

Total votes: 29

techrtr
Übergod

Re: Should Ron MacLean Be Fired

Post by techrtr »

Good thing no one is doing surveillance on me because pretty much anything that comes out of my mouth would offend someone and I don't care. Jeez, Trud-oh is apologizing to the italians today, Mclean apologizing to the LGBTYWSZZAPP community tomorrow for a comment that could be taken 10,000 different ways depending on who heard it. Enough already.
Last edited by techrtr on May 27th, 2021, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

techrtr wrote: May 27th, 2021, 7:54 am Good thing no one is doing surveillance on me because pretty much anything that comes out of my mouth would offend someone and I don't care. Jeez, Trud-oh is apologizing to the italians today, Mclean apologizing to the LGBTYWSZZAP community tomorrow for a comment that could be taken 10,000 different ways depending on who heard it. Enough already.
:up: :up:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

typhoon44 wrote: May 26th, 2021, 4:13 pm
The Green Barbarian wrote: May 26th, 2021, 3:55 pm

No, Cherry wasn't a "doddering fool" - what a silly thing to say.
Liked fighting, hated immigrants, mostly non-coherent. Sounds doddering to me.
Sounds Canadian to me! [icon_lol2.gif]
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

bb49 wrote: May 26th, 2021, 7:07 pm
typhoon44 wrote: May 26th, 2021, 3:54 pm

Agreed. Don Cherry lovers need to give it a rest. He is now 87 years old but was a doddering fool for the majority of his broadcasting career.
Sexism isn't permitted.
Racism isn't permitted.
But ageism apparently is just fine.
Certainly whataboutism is rampant.
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

Ron McLean is in no position to be commenting on or mocking other men who have been photographed bare-chested. He's not above going shirtless himself... indoors in public places.

See the link below, but just in case anyone is offended, I'm going to leave the ".jpg" off the end. You can add it to the link and see the photo.

https://smartcdn.prod.postmedia.digital ... ronmaclean
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

The Green Barbarian wrote: May 26th, 2021, 3:55 pm

No, Cherry wasn't a "doddering fool" - what a silly thing to say.
Typhoon44, all the people you watch and listen to are stuck up woke nothings.

Feels great to put down others eh?

If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say...
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

techrtr wrote: May 27th, 2021, 7:54 am Good thing no one is doing surveillance on me because pretty much anything that comes out of my mouth would offend someone and I don't care. Jeez, Trud-oh is apologizing to the italians today, Mclean apologizing to the LGBTYWSZZAPP community tomorrow for a comment that could be taken 10,000 different ways depending on who heard it. Enough already.

And now we know why he apologized. He's a Liberal.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

Sparki55 wrote: May 27th, 2021, 11:56 am

Typhoon44, all the people you watch and listen to are stuck up woke nothings.

Feels great to put down others eh?

If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say...
I watched Don Cherry for all of my life while he was on TV. Does that make him a stuck up woke nothing? It sure don't make him right.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

typhoon44 wrote: May 27th, 2021, 2:31 pm I watched Don Cherry for all of my life while he was on TV. Does that make him a stuck up woke nothing? It sure don't make him right.
You watched a guy your whole life (so recently into Donny's old age) that you refer to as a person who "dodders". You also said he likes fighting, hates immigrants, and was mostly non-coherent.

Why watch him your whole life then and put him down on his way out?

Must be fun to be your friend lol.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

^^^
Yup, it just leaves you shaking your head.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Sparki55 wrote: May 27th, 2021, 2:50 pm
typhoon44 wrote: May 27th, 2021, 2:31 pm I watched Don Cherry for all of my life while he was on TV. Does that make him a stuck up woke nothing? It sure don't make him right.
You watched a guy your whole life (so recently into Donny's old age) that you refer to as a person who "dodders". You also said he likes fighting, hates immigrants, and was mostly non-coherent.

lol..... [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

Sparki55 wrote: May 27th, 2021, 2:50 pm

Who didn't watch Hockey Night in Canada. You can use garbage rhetoric as a training tool to teach others how not to be.
I don't need you to be my friend.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

typhoon44 wrote: May 27th, 2021, 3:27 pm Who didn't watch Hockey Night in Canada. You can use garbage rhetoric as a training tool to teach others how not to be.
I don't need you to be my friend.
Lol, I don't / didn't more than a couple of times a year, so not everyone watched it.
bernie428
Board Meister

Post by bernie428 »

This is not the same thing as the Don thing.
His mistake was totally innocent in my opinion, and if the person he directed at isn't offended, and he isn't a person with any record of purposely offending people, perhaps some people are reaching too hard for the hurt button.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Ron McLean always tries to make some kind of pun or joke as he's exiting a segment. A flub like this was bound to happen. McLean's just so vanilla that I'm sure he didn't mean to insult anybody.

What I can't stand about Mclean is his name-dropping when he discusses somebodies background. He often gets names and places wrong, but he tries to come across as some kind of old family friend of so many people. He's a hubris fake.

Return to “Canada”