Canada Suspends Elections?

Popeye69
Board Meister

Canada Suspends Elections?

Post by Popeye69 »

Has anyone heard about what parliament voted on? Looks like they voted to suspend a federal election until the pandemic is over. Guess that means that if the Liberals fail to get support for a bill this won't trigger an election as it should. Am I the only one who sees a problem here?? Main stream media is not reporting on this either except Global News wrote a story on it, here is the link.. https://globalnews.ca/news/7893274/covi ... on-motion/
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Canada Suspends Elections?

Post by Catri »

There are only certain bills that trigger a confidence vote, the government can "lose" votes on many things without triggering an election. However, my read on this particular bill is not to allow the government to avoid losing a non-confidence motion, but rather to protect the other parties (who are somewhat disadvantaged by an election during a pandemic as incumbent governments seem to be mopping the floor with them) from the Liberals intentionally bringing about an election.
Popeye69
Board Meister

Post by Popeye69 »

I'm no fan of the Liberals blowing our cash, or the NDP being a footstool for Justin. I got a feeling a lot of people are starting to feel the same way. This whole suspension of elections just strikes me as weird timing considering numbers of Covid cases are dropping across the board except a few provinces, the vaccines are rolling out now, seems worrisome to all of a sudden feign fear for the Public especially since we do have mail in voting. BC seemed to pull it off ok. I dunno just seems suspicious, wonder what's coming.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

As long as jt keeps the ndp happy, jt will weather every non-confidence motion.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Popeye69
Board Meister

Post by Popeye69 »

Well here is the latest kick in the gut, they are coming almost daily. Looks like free speech just got wiped out too. Here's the link
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking- ... -bill-c-10
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Free speech wiped out? Oh, no. these might be our last posts on this site before Justin seizes it. If anyone can find a way to post on here after this...... please help us. Oh, the humanity!
stero

Canadian elections SUSPENDED.

Post by stero »

Not even Castanet(of course) isn't even willing to advertise that EVERY member of parliament voted to suspend democracy/federalelections(except Derek Sloan) in our country until covid(which doesn’t have an isolate to prove it exists, STILL) is gone and government decides that it is safe enough to do so!
Coincidentally days after this vote. China says the FIRST human has been infected with bird flu.

Why isn't even Castanet willing to cover this? Almost as if someone higher up tells them what news to share...
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Canadian elections SUSPENDED.

Post by bob vernon »

stero wrote: Jun 2nd, 2021, 1:52 pm Not even Castanet(of course) isn't even willing to advertise that EVERY member of parliament voted to suspend democracy/federalelections(except Derek Sloan) in our country until covid(which doesn’t have an isolate to prove it exists, STILL) is gone and government decides that it is safe enough to do so!
Coincidentally days after this vote. China says the FIRST human has been infected with bird flu.

Why isn't even Castanet willing to cover this? Almost as if someone higher up tells them what news to share...
Where did you find out about these stories? I'm sure Justin would like to know so he can plug the news leak. And thankfully we have Derek Sloan to speak for us and protect us. I've heard that God talks to him.

Return to “Canada”