15% of Manitoba is First Nations

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

First Nations get vaccinated FOUR TIMES more than other Canadians.

First Nations also have more poverty than anyone else. And they live ten years less.

So someone tell me - why is our government trying to vaccinate Manitoba instead of actually
helping them? Is the government two-faced, or just cheap?

https://umanitoba.ca/admin/indigenous_connect/3389.html
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Re: 15% of Manitoba is First Nations

Post by liisgo »

Poverty has many reasons.Based on any and all peoples of different past's and heritage, its never been based only on the assistance from governments. In fact, most credit for reducing poverty would be given to the individuals and peoples themselves . Millions of people from different groups have proven the theory of prospering via adapting, creating, searching for opportunities. There needs to be some accountability.
I cant think of a better situation than having individuals borders within our country borders to control Covid. Addressing movements and keeping people from visiting certain areas where you live should have been the best situation for keeping Covid at bay. Personal protection, limited movement, no outsiders travelling around your community seems like an ideal situation for reducing Covid contact. One would need to question where and who is responsible for such a break down in precaution.
Just curious why with confined travel in and out of certain location the need for "top priority" is needed?
Not saying this idea is 100% suiting for everyone, but some thing is missing.
cheers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

liisgo wrote: May 25th, 2021, 7:30 am Addressing movements and keeping people from visiting certain areas where you live should have been the best situation for keeping Covid at bay.
You're way off base.

In First Nations communities Covid is spreading like wildfire.

They get vaccines four times more than other Canadians - they live in the least densely populated communities on earth. They're getting Covid from being poor and being overall unhealthy. First Nations people treat their immune system like the white guy treated the buffalos.

They're getting Covid from poverty, the government and their own negligence to their health.
(especially the remote communities that have no proper grocery store nearby.)

they worried about the wrong thing.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

Not buying that.
And I base that on family with direct ties to a northern reserve.
There are many factors that play into this, including causes of poverty and those all do not point the finger at treatment from governments, but lean towards decisions, seeking opportunities, responsibilities.
Well I would agree, that on some reserve's it appears that opportunity is non existent, but outside of those boundaries there is wealth, if chosen. Like my brother in law and his whole family went outside the environment to establish their very well off position via a logging company. No one is stopping advancement and opportunity, like so many other people's have found over time.
So, no, not way off, just giving credit to many other factors that are ignored when needed for support of a campaign.
Control of the virus demanded, authority, control and responsibility. That is in the hands of those.
So, again, if we want to acknowledge all the factors then lets, but its time some responsibility is expected.
I did drive to this certain reserve last fall to drop off my wife, I found very little respect for this virus.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

15% of Manitoba's population is First Nations.........THIS 15% is eats up close to 60% of Manitoba's HEALTH CARE.........and that was BEFORE Covid........its been happening for decades there.

..........thats a rock that no province can get out from under.
Last edited by lesliepaul on May 26th, 2021, 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salistala
Fledgling

Post by Salistala »

Not very often I'll agree with liisgo, but you're generalizations are just that, a stereotype of what you think FN are and do.

Our FN has had 2 cases for a population of 1200, that's 0.17% compared to a worldwide average of 2.4%. That's a rate 14-15x less than the worldwide average.

That's a result of an informed leadership that learned from the mistakes of other countries and had a coherent plan, communicated to the community, and followed (for the most part) by people caring for each other.

We made decisions supported by facts and had buy-in from important influencers in the community. We limited travel to medically necessary only, we tracked those that did travel, we supplied clear information to those that left and returned, we applied a mandatory 14 and then 7 day isolation period to those that did travel, and masks were mandatory in any public areas (with no exception).

And guess what? Wildly successful.

We watch all your anti-mask rallies/premature re-openings/massive public gatherings with disbelief, thinking that's a group of ppl that couldn't care less about each other and it shows in the numbers.

Want me to generalize about what we see in the majority? Too much me me me. My rights are more important than the community, money is more important than lives, if you try to put limits on my freedom I will fight to protect MY FREEDOM.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Salistala wrote: May 27th, 2021, 11:59 pm Our FN has had 2 cases for a population of 1200, that's 0.17% compared to a worldwide average of 2.4%. That's a rate 14-15x less than the worldwide average.
Two questions:
1 - Are you guys vaccine-fanatics like the media says? Media tells me you get vaccines four times more than the average Canadian -made me think 100% of FN people grabbed the vaccine like a twelve year old kid grabs a free ice cream.
Funnell said increased demand for the vaccine made the move to larger quarters necessary. She said that's encouraging because compared to the general public, Indigenous peoples "are most at risk of bad outcomes such as hospitalization and death and serious health consequences" if they contract COVID-19.

"That's why it's important to vaccinate Indigenous people as a priority," said Funnell.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/v ... -1.5935257
2 - Is the media lying to us when it says Covid is going through First Nations communities like "wildfire?"

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Salistala wrote: May 27th, 2021, 11:59 pm Our FN has had 2 cases for a population of 1200, that's 0.17% compared to a worldwide average of 2.4%. That's a rate 14-15x less than the worldwide average.
So your FN community never had Covid. 2 is not a big deal. 2 is like zero in this case.
I never had Covid.
I never had a flu.
I never had a flu in thirty one years.
I never even had a common cold in ten years, if you don't count the sore throat I had that went away in forty minutes.

So if Salistala's community never had Covid, why would Bonnie Henry be pushing a vaccine on them? Getting a Covid vaccine where Salistala lives would be about the most insane, ridiculous, short-sight, plain dumb decision anyone could ever make - getting a vaccine for a non-existent thing.

Yet Bonnie tells me "ALL" FN people are a "high priority" for Covid vaccines.

Something is not lining up. Either Bonnie is a liar. Or Salistala's guys are grabbing the vaccine like crazy and making a huge mistake - vaccinating for nothing.

what is it?

Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

^^^^ 👎
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Reading the heading, and that was about all, my first thought was 15%, is that all?
My second thought was 15%, so what?

The OP kind of drove me away from reading the rest.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Thinktank wrote: May 24th, 2021, 6:49 am First Nations get vaccinated FOUR TIMES more than other Canadians.
So if 50% of Canadians get flu shots and Covid vaccines, how can First Nations people
get "four times" as many vaccines?

What we want to know from Salistala, "Is it true that FN people are heavily vaccinated, not just with the Covid vaccine, but with every flu that comes along too? We want to know that. And also, how's the overall health of FN people? We don't care that they had no cases recently. Everyone has no cases recently. It's because Covid is a scam. In the past fourteen months, the Penticton Western newspaper has not printed one article of a person in Penticton who died from Covid.

Not one.
But they did promote vaccines - like crazy.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7735691/covi ... ons-cases/

Salistala
Fledgling

Post by Salistala »

Thinktank wrote: May 30th, 2021, 5:53 am It's because Covid is a scam.
Things to think about, I'm not forcing you to though

The US has less than 1/20 of the world population but 1/6 of the cases of COVID and 1/6 of the deaths from COVID, and their incident rate (cases of COVID/Population) is at 10%. Because, for the most part, they think exactly like your statement above.

My community on the other hand immediately put in place all the safeguards recommended to limit the spread of COVID (physical distancing, frequent hand washing, wearing face masks, isolating after traveling to urban centres, etc.). Our incident rate is 0.17%, which is 1/15 of the world average and 1/60 of the US average.

So, I'll take sensible precaution over conspiracy theories any day

btw, the numbers above were before any vaccines and for me the vaccine is just one more layer of protection. I don't deny you your refusal stance, but the CTs will not sway me either.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Salistala wrote: May 31st, 2021, 4:05 pm The US ... their incident rate (cases of COVID/Population) is at 10%...
So people get a flu once every ten years. Covid is getting 10% of USA people - so Covid with masks, vaccines, social distancing and shutting down parts of the economy is a scam, because it's not worse than the flu.
Thinktank wrote: May 30th, 2021, 5:53 am In the past fourteen months, the Penticton Western newspaper has not printed one article of a person in Penticton who died from Covid.

Not one.
Wow.

If that isn't a scam I don't know what is.

Wearing a mask to buy groceries is over-kill - and a scam.

Getting a flu shot or Covid shot is over-kill X 1,000. The only thing Salistala proved, is that being careful and not allowing some idiot to cough directly into your face during winter is more important than a million vaccines. Hand washing too often isn't even that important. And masks are useless. 100% useless.

Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

Thinktank wrote: May 31st, 2021, 6:00 pm
Salistala wrote: May 31st, 2021, 4:05 pm The US ... their incident rate (cases of COVID/Population) is at 10%...
So people get a flu once every ten years. Covid is getting 10% of USA people - so Covid with masks, vaccines, social distancing and shutting down parts of the economy is a scam, because it's not worse than the flu.
Thinktank wrote: May 30th, 2021, 5:53 am In the past fourteen months, the Penticton Western newspaper has not printed one article of a person in Penticton who died from Covid.

Not one.
Wow.

If that isn't a scam I don't know what is.

Wearing a mask to buy groceries is over-kill - and a scam.

Getting a flu shot or Covid shot is over-kill X 1,000. The only thing Salistala proved, is that being careful and not allowing some idiot to cough directly into your face during winter is more important than a million vaccines. Hand washing too often isn't even that important. And masks are useless. 100% useless.

*removed* I personally know six people that outright died from Covid, and two others that were put in induced comas and hooked up to ventilators for two weeks before they recovered from Covid.. It takes a special kind of fool to not understand that Covid-19 is exponentially more contagious and lethal than regular seasonal flu, it also takes a special kind of fool to not understand that mask wearing and vaccinations are the principal reason that we’re slowly beating Covid 19.

:130:
removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Jun 1st, 2021, 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Off topic. Everyone allowed to speak provided no rules broken. Cats
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
Salistala
Fledgling

Post by Salistala »

Hurtlander wrote: Jun 1st, 2021, 8:53 am I personally know six people that outright died from Covid, and two others that were put in induced comas and hooked up to ventilators for two weeks before they recovered from Covid.. It takes a special kind of fool to not understand that Covid-19 is exponentially more contagious and lethal than regular seasonal flu, it also takes a special kind of fool to not understand that mask wearing and vaccinations are the principal reason that we’re slowly beating Covid 19.
removed
Me and Hurtlander don't often agree, but on this I am in 100% agreement.

"Covid-19 is exponentially more contagious and lethal than regular seasonal flu", as a result of all the health measures to combat COVID-19 the seasonal flu is at an all-time low, 2020 had a 98% decrease in hospitalized cases of flu compared to 2019.

Yet COVID is still spreading and killing a sizable number of people worldwide in a variety of climates. Imagine if we went on like normal and didn't take any precautionary steps like we would normally do for the flu? Can anyone understand the scale of the medical disaster? A restricted economy would be the least of our problems, there would be catastrophic numbers of deaths and the rest would be pushed to the breaking point to try manage that.

And as for vaccinations, I don't even know why this is still an issue. Medicine almost eliminated severe medical outbreaks like measles and polio using vaccines. And it is only through the stubborn public messaging of anti-vaxxers that measles is making a comeback.

The idea that the DEEP STATE is monitoring you through nanobots implanted in the shot is laughable (your phone carries more info than you would care to share with a surveyor), the idea that immunizations lead to autism is a red herring to deflect from the feelings of self-doubt that plague parents of children born with a naturally occurring developmental disorder.

I understand that there are people that are naturally hesitant about introducing substances into their body, and even though I think it would be wiser to vaccinate I'm not going to violently force anyone, but those that don't must recognize that the greater good is preferable and there must be procedures to limit exposure to the unvaccinated.

The choice is accept reasonable precautions to limit the spread of a dangerous public health threat, or be subject to limitations on your freedom in the public sphere. You can't have it both ways.

Return to “Canada”