The Fall of Democracy in Canada under Trudeau's Liberals

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: The Fall of Democracy in Canada under Trudeau's Liberals

Post by JLives »

ckil wrote: Jun 3rd, 2021, 11:31 am Pro-choice. No matter what the circumstances. Simple.
Yep. The right I have to my own damn body is not up for vote or debate. By anyone. The Conservatives are just wasting time playing identity politics to stir up their base every time they pull these stunts. And it is a stunt, this is a settled human rights issue in this country. They should spend their time crafting policies that might help Canadians instead.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

JLives wrote: Jun 3rd, 2021, 11:53 am

Yep. The right I have to my own damn body is not up for vote or debate. By anyone. The Conservatives are just wasting time playing identity politics to stir up their base every time they pull these stunts. And it is a stunt, this is a settled human rights issue in this country. They should spend their time crafting policies that might help Canadians instead.
Did you even look at what it was that they were trying to do? We have the serial prevaricators here who immediately jump to bogey-men as soon as the "A" word is even mentioned anywhere. This wasn't about "identity politics", but that's not even the point of this thread - it was to showcase what a blithering anti-democracy idiot Mary Monsef and by proxy her masters in the PMO are.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Jun 3rd, 2021, 12:28 pm
JLives wrote: Jun 3rd, 2021, 11:53 am

Did you even look at what it was that they were trying to do? We have the serial prevaricators here who immediately jump to bogey-men as soon as the "A" word is even mentioned anywhere. This wasn't about "identity politics", but that's not even the point of this thread - it was to showcase what a blithering anti-democracy idiot Mary Monsef and by proxy her masters in the PMO are.
Of course I did and it changes nothing. We have the ideal situation in our country as far as abortion is concerned. All countries should aspire to what we have. The medical community governs it and decisions are left to the women. There is no other alternative. It is absolutely about identity politics, as well as a want to control women. It has nothing to do with democracy as my human rights aren't up for a vote. If they want to be taken seriously as a party in this country they need to leave identity politics alone and maybe come up with some actual policies?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

JLives wrote: Jun 3rd, 2021, 1:27 pm
The Green Barbarian wrote: Jun 3rd, 2021, 12:28 pm

Of course I did and it changes nothing. We have the ideal situation in our country as far as abortion is concerned. All countries should aspire to what we have. The medical community governs it and decisions are left to the women. There is no other alternative. It is absolutely about identity politics, as well as a want to control women. It has nothing to do with democracy as my human rights aren't up for a vote. If they want to be taken seriously as a party in this country they need to leave identity politics alone and maybe come up with some actual policies?
Are people losing their minds, do you really believe it comes down to "wanting to control women"?
So that s just one thing you wrote that is so absolutely ludicrous. but the next one.
Identity politics, This is what the left is now all about. They stink of a un-chartered, not supported, not realized with anything factual. Just a political group completely focused on such a thing.
Including wok ism, cancel culture, Victim hood's and your trying to push the propaganda that its the right screaming these things.
I dont get it. If one wants to stand proud, wave the flag for these things supported, obviously by the left, then why the constant attempt now to sway the adopted theme of it away from the makers?
Its comical now.
"If I find out who's been running this country for the last 8.5 yrs into the ground, there will be hell to pay",,,,,,,,,Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Return to “Canada”