What's happening in New Brunswick?

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

What's happening in New Brunswick?

Post by GordonH »

6 passing and 48 others with this baffling brain disease, that is reasonable amount for population of NB.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/33 ... in-disease
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: What's happening in New Brunswick?

Post by Fancy »

Rather disturbing when not knowing how it's happening and that young the people are getting sick.

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/depa ... uster.html
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
mbfarm131
Fledgling

Post by mbfarm131 »

The federal panel of CJD labcoats said it's not a Prion disease. That's a relief. They did acknowledge that it's characterized by rapid onset dementia, however, which is the literal translation of what Prion diseases are. Food for thought.
https://www.pnas.org/content/116/39/19727
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sounds like some kind of poison............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Do you understand that the analysis is from a "mouse" laboratory in 2019?
We utilized a mouse model of the sCJD subtype MM1, which faithfully recapitulates human disease pathology in a regional- and subtype-dependent manner (7, 8), to investigate the regional- and temporal-dependent disease transcriptome. Transcriptomic profiles revealed regulation of both previously reported prion-associated and novel sCJD-specific related genes. We then confirmed these epitranscriptomic (RNA-editing events) findings in sCJD-affected human brain autopsy material. Our results indicate transcriptome variation, especially at preclinical disease stages of prion-induced pathology, that could clarify contributing mechanisms (i.e., lysosomal, endoplasmic reticulum stress processes) and identify potential therapeutic strategies.
Bring back the LIKE button.
mbfarm131
Fledgling

Post by mbfarm131 »

alanjh595 wrote: Jun 4th, 2021, 12:00 pm Do you understand that the analysis is from a "mouse" laboratory in 2019?
We utilized a mouse model of the sCJD subtype MM1, which faithfully recapitulates human disease pathology in a regional- and subtype-dependent manner (7, 8), to investigate the regional- and temporal-dependent disease transcriptome. Transcriptomic profiles revealed regulation of both previously reported prion-associated and novel sCJD-specific related genes. We then confirmed these epitranscriptomic (RNA-editing events) findings in sCJD-affected human brain autopsy material. Our results indicate transcriptome variation, especially at preclinical disease stages of prion-induced pathology, that could clarify contributing mechanisms (i.e., lysosomal, endoplasmic reticulum stress processes) and identify potential therapeutic strategies.
You're absolutely right, it's probably nothing worth considering.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Of course it is NOT worth considering.
The paper was written before Covid, after years of research on mice.
Bring back the LIKE button.
mbfarm131
Fledgling

Post by mbfarm131 »

alanjh595 wrote: Jun 4th, 2021, 12:48 pm Of course it is NOT worth considering.
The paper was written before Covid, after years of research on mice.
For sure. Science doesn't take past studies into account, as we all know. Each study stands on its own and pattern recognition is not at all considered, ever. Not to mention baseless animal studies, I mean they're animals and animals, as we all know, are not humans. While we're on the subject, check out this tripe, author is one of those anti-vaxxers no doubt. Also not worth considering, but it is worth a laugh.
https://scivisionpub.com/pdfs/covid19-r ... e-1503.pdf
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

I wonder if the pin will point back to the herbicide testing.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Frustrating beyond belief for the families:
New Brunswick has no mystery neurological illness, committee finds
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brun ... -1.6362700
marbles1979
Board Meister

Post by marbles1979 »

the truth wrote: Jun 4th, 2021, 11:46 am sounds like some kind of poison............
Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder what it could be???
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

marbles1979 wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 10:54 am
the truth wrote: Jun 4th, 2021, 11:46 am sounds like some kind of poison............
Why would you ask this after 8 months when alternative diagnosis was made?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

marbles1979 wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 10:54 am
Various different causes were listed, alzheimer's, brain cancer, Lewy bodies disease, and a few others I can't remember. Neurological conditions are very difficult to diagnose in a short time frame. I knew someone with a strange neurological thing going on for years. It wasn't till way later than I think I found the cause, but it was too late for a diagnosis. There's also a thing called normal pressure encephalopathy which has really weird symptoms. I doubt most doctors would find it.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

Silverstarqueen wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 4:05 pm Various different causes were listed, alzheimer's, brain cancer, Lewy bodies disease, and a few others I can't remember. Neurological conditions are very difficult to diagnose in a short time frame. I knew someone with a strange neurological thing going on for years. It wasn't till way later than I think I found the cause, but it was too late for a diagnosis. There's also a thing called normal pressure encephalopathy which has really weird symptoms. I doubt most doctors would find it.
It's amazing how much is unknown to the medical professionals - heck they even have a medical term for not knowing but they use the latin term for it to sound more convincing... and they call it science, lol.

"idiopathic disease"
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

hozzle wrote: Feb 25th, 2022, 10:48 pm It's amazing how much is unknown to the medical professionals - ...
The causes weren't unknown after autopsies.

Return to “Health”