Zombie Fires

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Zombie Fires

Post by Smurf »

More "zombie fires" to come.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/33 ... rs-shorten

I couldn't believe this when I read this. More fires to come as winters shorten. These fires have gone on for years, at least in the north. The last one I remember was 3 to 4 decades ago when we had to put one out that burned all winter under the snow near Thompson MB. It was not a short winter and not a warm one. I can't believe how people, supposed experts, keep trying to blame climate change for every thing they can. I spent the winter working up there and there was certainly no warm or short winter. Minus 34 C (minus 30 F) and more lots of days. And people believe this stuff. No wonder they get so worked up. I'm not saying there isn't climate change. There has been throughout the history of earth but quit trying to make it sound like it is causing things it is not.

Seems like every little thing has to be given a name and dramatized these days. I wish they would get over it.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Zombie Fires

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Smurf wrote: Jun 5th, 2021, 4:04 pm More "zombie fires" to come.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/33 ... rs-shorten

I couldn't believe this when I read this. More fires to come as winters shorten. These fires have gone on for years, at least in the north. The last one I remember was 3 to 4 decades ago when we had to put one out that burned all winter under the snow near Thompson MB. It was not a short winter and not a warm one. I can't believe how people, supposed experts, keep trying to blame climate change for every thing they can. I spent the winter working up there and there was certainly no warm or short winter. Minus 34 C (minus 30 F) and more lots of days. And people believe this stuff. No wonder they get so worked up. I'm not saying there isn't climate change. There has been throughout the history of earth but quit trying to make it sound like it is causing things it is not.

Seems like every little thing has to be given a name and dramatized these days. I wish they would get over it.
As long as there is money to be made from scaring people with lies that keeps them living in fear, there will be shysters and scum that will keep spinning everything to tie into the apocalyptic lies about man-made climate change... so evil.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

more :cuss: from the sky is falling from left wing news
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Spending one winter in Thompson 30 to 40 years ago gives a person more knowledge about peat moss fires and climate then some one who dedicates their life studies to it. Having spent over a decade in the North must make me Phd in northern climate and fires.

And there was no mention of the apocalyptic man-made climate change in the article, so why would anyone even bring it up.

The article only talks about the recorded change in the northern climate, it doesn't mention anything about man-made. Why do people have to make it out that when a study is published it must be from some one who always blames man-made climate change, when the article doesn't mention it.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Of course peer-reviewed studies published in the journals are worthless, everyone knows the scientific method has been killed decades ago and it's now just a facade put on by the media puppet masters ...
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

GenesisGT wrote:

Spending one winter in Thompson 30 to 40 years ago gives a person more knowledge about peat moss fires and climate then some one who dedicates their life studies to it. Having spent over a decade in the North must make me Phd in northern climate and fires.

And there was no mention of the apocalyptic man-made climate change in the article, so why would anyone even bring it up.

The article only talks about the recorded change in the northern climate, it doesn't mention anything about man-made. Why do people have to make it out that when a study is published it must be from some one who always blames man-made climate change, when the article doesn't mention it.
To start with I never said I was more knowledgeable than anyone. Number two I did not mention "apocalyptic man-made climate change" anywhere in my post. For that matter I never mentioned man made climate change.

I was talking about
the so-called zombie fires may become more common as temperatures get warmer and less snow falls, experts say
"All I know in Canada is that their existence has been reported more as a matter of folklore,"
The paper, published in the science journal Nature, said increasing summer temperatures associated with climate warming may promote the survival of overwintering fires in the future in the boreal regions.
I was just saying they are not folklore and they have been around longer than our climate warming. That was only one instance of a few I saw during my time in the North. I just do not feel they are a product of climate warming, no matter how it is caused. They just need the right circumstances and they will burn regardless of warm or cold.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

GenesisGT wrote:
Snip!
Actually the more I think about it you did exactly what I was saying and used a phrase that dramatizes a situation which is actually quite normal.

sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Smurf wrote: Jun 7th, 2021, 4:52 pm I was just saying they are not folklore and they have been around longer than our climate warming...
I also thought that "folklore" bit was a weird thing to say.

We spent considerable effort to mop-up & cold-trail every one of our National Park & Yukon fires thoroughly - specifically to avoid a spring re-start (and the disgrace that would cause).

... everyone knew the sneaky beast could smolder patiently in roots & deep duff over the winter.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
spooker

Post by spooker »

Smurf wrote: Jun 8th, 2021, 9:56 am GenesisGT wrote:
Snip!
Actually the more I think about it you did exactly what I was saying and used a phrase that dramatizes a situation which is actually quite normal.
Your comment is missing the mark since GenesisGT was commenting on GB's diatribe ...
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Sorry if I missed the mark. With no quotes and GenesisGT starting off taking about Thompson 30 to 40 years ago I assumed and never connected the two.

spooker

Post by spooker »

Smurf wrote: Jun 8th, 2021, 2:39 pm Sorry if I missed the mark. With no quotes and GenesisGT starting off taking about Thompson 30 to 40 years ago I assumed and never connected the two.
I understand, sometimes it's hard to notice the "noise" that gets inserted at times ...

Return to “Canada”