All things Jay Hill/ Maverick Party

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: All things Jay Hill/ Maverick Party

Post by bob vernon »

A few assumptions that Jay Hill makes that reveal that this party will fall flat:

1. The Alberta assumption that the economy will get bigger and bigger and better and better forever and ever. It won't. Alberta had it's chance when oil was king and they let all the wealth slip through their fingers and they never saved a cent. He can't flip a switch and turn on the wealth again.

2. The belief that things are bad and going to get worse and it's all the fault of eastern Canada. The might get worse, but it's your own damn fault.

3. That Westerners are united and there is a desire to separate. They just aren't.

4. That a strict conservative government is the answer. Right now the pendulum in most of world is starting to swing the other way.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Septuagenarian wrote: May 25th, 2021, 12:26 pm Agendas plural? Sorry, but I only see where it seems to be a signal resolution.
I think you mean single. Damn auto correct anyways.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Brerrabbit18
Fledgling

Maverick Party

Post by Brerrabbit18 »

https://www.maverickparty.ca/

I really hope this party takes off with Conservatives.

Nothing better than splitting the vote on the right.
Guess they didn't learn the last time??

The most hilarious thing is that their supposed "platform" is EXACTLEY the same as the old "Reform" party.
20 years later....
HILARIOUS..lol :130:
PoplarSoul
Guru

Re: Maverick Party

Post by PoplarSoul »

They sound like a bunch of cry babies.
"Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world." Howard Zinn
It's the simple things in life that brings joy.
jimmy4321
Guru

Re: Maverick Party

Post by jimmy4321 »

Awsome

They'll be to the Cons , what the NDP are to the Libs
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

I liked what he said in the video. I am definitely going to look into this party further as we do need a change and I'm willing to give anybody else would change that doesn't sound like he's talking out of his *bleep*. Trudeau really should be in jail for what he's done to Canada.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Septuagenarian wrote: May 25th, 2021, 1:32 pm I like this from the Maverick Party website.

https://www.maverickparty.ca/videos

The identified two main goals of most political parties should come of no surprise to anyone who's been arguing politics for any amount of time, but it was interesting to see how the goals of the Bloc could be seen as best serving their constituents. The idea of a party with no interest or intent of actually governing but just forming a Western Bloc holds some interest with the assumption we could get better representation that way. When you start talking secession though you can count me out.
oldtrucker wrote: I know long time conservatives that are making the switch.
While I can appreciate the appeal, I wonder how many of those long time conservatives recognize that
splitting the vote on the right only increases Trudeau's chances of forming government again.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

oldtrucker wrote: Maybe because they know it's inevitable at this point that he's going to win anyway(?)
In which case maybe a Western Bloc party is even more desirable.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Septuagenarian wrote:Yep, the way Kenney has been railing on about equalization payments, an Alberta pension plan, and an Alberta provincial police, might as well support Jay Hill too for a Western Bloc to 'Make Alberta Great' again.

^ Is that Faith Goldy ???
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

common_sense_guy wrote: Jun 8th, 2021, 1:59 pm I liked what he said in the video. I am definitely going to look into this party further as we do need a change and I'm willing to give anybody else would change that doesn't sound like he's talking out of his *bleep*. Trudeau really should be in jail for what he's done to Canada.
YEs, because leading the country through a pandemic and buying more vaccines than required at a better price than most countries paid and helping out business and the general population through the pandemic should put anyone in jail.
He is not my favorite politician for sure. I hate how he has to apologize for everything but "he should be in jail" really? On what grounds?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:135: :topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

butcher99 wrote: Jun 9th, 2021, 11:03 am
common_sense_guy wrote: Jun 8th, 2021, 1:59 pm I liked what he said in the video. I am definitely going to look into this party further as we do need a change and I'm willing to give anybody else would change that doesn't sound like he's talking out of his *bleep*. Trudeau really should be in jail for what he's done to Canada.
YEs, because leading the country through a pandemic and buying more vaccines than required at a better price than most countries paid and helping out business and the general population through the pandemic should put anyone in jail.
He is not my favorite politician for sure. I hate how he has to apologize for everything but "he should be in jail" really? On what grounds?
Anybody can Google Trudeau Scandal and see the list of them.
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

common_sense_guy wrote: Jun 9th, 2021, 12:13 pm

Anybody can Google Trudeau Scandal and see the list of them.
Yes, lets have a list of them.

He visited an old family friend, someone he had known all his life and had been a good friend of his fathers, on his island. The man happens to be very rich.

A trip to India where he wore traditional Indian clothing.

He dressed up in blackface 20 years ago
He was accused of groping a woman. The woman never filed charges or even brought it up.
SNC Lavalan was charged. The Liberals wanted a non-court solution. Trudeau was not one of the liberal members trying for a non-court settlement.
And the WE scandal where he was found innocent of the charges.

Thats it. Hardly earth shattering is it. Maybe inappropriate but for which of those do you think he should go to jail?
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Looks like the old boy Jay Hill is promising the same stuff Jason Kenney did. How did that work out?

These loopy right wing fringe parties can only get traction in the flyover provinces. They offer little more than platitudes and simplistic solutions. I'm sure the farmers, after years of breathing tractor fumes, eat it up, but nobody else does.

The only thing Jay will do is steal votes and seats in the prairies from the CPC. For that I thank him.
All posts 100% moderator approved!
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

crookedmember wrote: Aug 2nd, 2021, 11:39 am Looks like the old boy Jay Hill is promising the same stuff Jason Kenney did. How did that work out?

These loopy right wing fringe parties can only get traction in the flyover provinces. They offer little more than platitudes and simplistic solutions. I'm sure the farmers, after years of breathing tractor fumes, eat it up, but nobody else does.

The only thing Jay will do is steal votes and seats in the prairies from the CPC. For that I thank him.
I would not sell the Mavericks short. The second part of their strategy in particular, which is to duplicate the Bloc strategy and simply represent a regional interest.

Jay Hill ain't "loopy", and while what they have laid out is definitely too far right for me, it isn't as "fringe" as you portray - any more than the Bloc is. Just because I think some of the arguments they make are based on false premises, that doesn't make them fringe or loopy.

Don't forget that was what they said about Preston Manning and the Reform party... and they were very soon a major force in Canadian politics. Preston Manning still is.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “Canada”