Liberals go soft on crime again

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Liberals go soft on crime again

Post by Gone_Fishin »

If you're a criminal, be sure to vote Liberal.

Liberals table bill to make criminal pardons quicker, cheaper

A badly hungover Bill Blair thinks about his next glass of whiskey

The federal government is tabling legislation to make it easier and less expensive to obtain a criminal pardon.

Introduced in the House of Commons this morning, the bill to amend the Criminal Records Act would undo measures introduced by Stephen Harper’s Conservatives that made people wait longer and pay more for a pardon.

Under the Conservative changes, lesser offenders — those with a summary conviction — must wait five years instead of three before they can apply.

Offenders who have served a sentence for a more serious crime — an indictable offence — must wait 10 years instead of five. Both those rules would be reversed under the new legislation.

Public Safety Minister Bill Blair says the cost of applying for a pardon shot up to $658 from $150 over the last 10 years, pushing down the number of applicants by more than half.

snip

The Conservatives have previously said taxpayers should not subsidize the cost of pardons.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/33 ... er-cheaper
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Liberals go soft on crime again

Post by The Green Barbarian »

"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Papa trudeau added all that help for criminals in the Constitution.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

The Liberals are a stain on this country.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Liberals' bills that criminals love 🖤🖤
✅C-75 reduces sentences for assault with a firearm, recruitment of youth into gangs, date rape drug, etc.
✅C-22 reduces or lessens sentencing for some serious crimes
✅C-31 makes getting pardons cheap and easy
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

This group is a bunch of fools. They will start washing records away and then when they come to the realization it doesn't work they will try and blame Harper or some other prime Minister.

I can't understand their line of thinking? They want to remove firearms from CANADA. Instead of hammering the Criminal who uses one, they go after the legal gun owners.

Great, remove the Criminal Records from the 2% of Canadian Police are battling with and they will run more firearms in from the USA. Do they not see the news from Vancouver??

What a bunch of jack@sses!!
Last edited by Ken7 on Jun 11th, 2021, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Post by mikest2 »

198206731_2245995852203095_277958804356886381_n.jpg
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

oldtrucker wrote: Jun 11th, 2021, 10:50 am Coming in 6 months-ish . It will happen right after they win a majority this fall or whenever they call the election. I'm seriously thinking( prices are the highest they have ever been right now) of selling everything and the safe itself- before losing a lot of money/ investment. When the Libs declare all PAL/RPAL's invalid and give everyone a month to turn it all in, I'm pretty sure compensation will be minimal- if any.
Never give up your guns!! Put them in a safe place and deny, deny. One day you will need them! LOL :up:
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

GordonH wrote: Jun 10th, 2021, 8:50 pm Papa trudeau added all that help for criminals in the Constitution.
You'd never want to go hard on Crime if you're a Criminal !! Just saying.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Ken7 wrote: Jun 11th, 2021, 3:10 pm
oldtrucker wrote: Jun 11th, 2021, 10:50 am Coming in 6 months-ish . It will happen right after they win a majority this fall or whenever they call the election. I'm seriously thinking( prices are the highest they have ever been right now) of selling everything and the safe itself- before losing a lot of money/ investment. When the Libs declare all PAL/RPAL's invalid and give everyone a month to turn it all in, I'm pretty sure compensation will be minimal- if any.
Never give up your guns!! Put them in a safe place and deny, deny. One day you will need them! LOL :up:
I wholeheartedly agree with your comment. As soon as the next pandemic rolls around. Even a little bit worse than this flu pandemic you will see fear and ruthlessness and ignorance when food store start running dry and 60% of the population or more realize they don't work in a essential service field at all so their income will dry up.
The only way you're going to be eating is if you hunt it yourself. Don't think your garden out back is going to save you because people will come and steal that first. If the next pandemic has a 10 or 20% kill rate the world is going to get ugly really fast. And the only thing that will save you is a gun either for protection or food
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Staredintoabyss
Board Meister

Post by Staredintoabyss »

Ken7 wrote: Jul 4th, 2021, 4:22 pm
GordonH wrote: Jun 10th, 2021, 8:50 pm Papa trudeau added all that help for criminals in the Constitution.
You'd never want to go hard on Crime if you're a Criminal !! Just saying.
That is kind of meme worthy.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

This isn't necessarily a bad thing.

A relative had a record for weed from the late 70s. Never bothered to try to fix it, get a passport, etc... because of his CRIMINAL RECORD for MARIJUANA possession.

Got cancer late in life and then tried to get a pardon so he could get a passport and travel to knock off a few bucket list items before he died. Took 2 years and HE STILL didn't get his pardon processed. Then he died.

I'm super tough on crime and want the death penalty reinstated but some things aren't a big deal. Minor charges like 1 DUI or 1 possession charge from decades ago and your ONLY conviction? Fine by me for a pardon.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

fvkasm2x wrote: Jul 7th, 2021, 12:55 pm This isn't necessarily a bad thing.

A relative had a record for weed from the late 70s. Never bothered to try to fix it, get a passport, etc... because of his CRIMINAL RECORD for MARIJUANA possession.

Got cancer late in life and then tried to get a pardon so he could get a passport and travel to knock off a few bucket list items before he died. Took 2 years and HE STILL didn't get his pardon processed. Then he died.

I'm super tough on crime and want the death penalty reinstated but some things aren't a big deal. Minor charges like 1 DUI or 1 possession charge from decades ago and your ONLY conviction? Fine by me for a pardon.
Just say no to drugs and if you don't, be prepared to live with the consequences of your poor decisions.

Should David Schearing get a pardon for his grisly rapes and murders because they happened in the early 80s?

The revolving door justice system is one of Canada's worst problems, and Trudeau's cranking up the speed to 10 with his stupid get out of jail free cards.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jul 7th, 2021, 1:10 pm

The revolving door justice system is one of Canada's worst problems, and Trudeau's cranking up the speed to 10 with his stupid get out of jail free cards.
Among the many idiotic things the Liberals have done or did since coming to power has been the reversal of Harper-appointed judges - to judges that the Liberals wanted to see hired. Was this because these judges are more soft on crime and more into letting criminals off the hook? Why did they do that? It has to be due to general stupidity, but something else seems more nefarious.
typhoon44
Übergod

Post by typhoon44 »

Right. Let's spend a lot more time and money on pardons that are obvious and certain to be granted.
Nice CPC tactic to spite themselves.

Return to “Canada”