Everything Canadian Police

Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Everything Canadian Police

Post by Hurtlander »

Fancy wrote: Jun 14th, 2021, 10:20 am As requested:
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's office issued a statement Monday afternoon.

"Canadians across the country were shocked to hear of the tragic death of Sergeant Andrew Harnett of the Calgary Police. The Prime Minister joins Minister Blair, Commissioner Lucki, and all Canadians in sharing his deepest condolences and heartfelt thoughts with his family and friends, along with the entire policing community who has suffered an irreplaceable loss."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.5860890
Okay thanks for that. I stand corrected, the PMO made a statement.... but Trudeau himself has never personally acknowledged the situation, which as far as I’m concerned is pathetic.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
jlysholm

Post by jlysholm »

Why has no one posted the nationality of the suspects?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

jlysholm wrote: Jun 14th, 2021, 12:01 pm Why has no one posted the nationality of the suspects?
As one was a youth at the time there is little information released.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

jlysholm wrote: Jun 14th, 2021, 12:01 pm Why has no one posted the nationality of the suspects?
https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/C ... hewan-RCMP
Nationality is Canadian probably.

Ethnicity, is that the word?
Alphonse Stanley Traverse, who is 41, and Marlene Velma Louise Pagee, who is 42, have been charged with manslaughter and several other charges.

I'll leave that up to others to guess. Though I have my suspicions.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

bb49 wrote: Jun 14th, 2021, 1:18 pm ...
Nationality is Canadian probably.
I was assuming the question was directed to the Calgary incident (the suspects' pictures have been posted in the news).
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

we all know why, sad but true,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

techrtr wrote: Jun 13th, 2021, 2:09 pm

Think about it - the person they're checking on could be known to possess firearms. They could be sitting in their living room, watching the police approach the house on their monitor, ready to shoot them through closed doors, walls, curtained windows. Hardly sinister - officer survival skill.
If that was the concern, she shouldn't have been standing in front of the door and knocking on it. Well know as the fatal funnel.
I'd sure like to hear why she turned the camera away, very odd.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Ken7 wrote: Jun 14th, 2021, 5:24 pm If that was the concern, she shouldn't have been standing in front of the door and knocking on it. Well know as the fatal funnel.
I'd sure like to hear why she turned the camera away, very odd.
100% correct

Any cop that knows their *bleep* from their armpit knows not to stand in front of a door. If the excuse for re-aiming the camera was because of concern for her safety from the inhabitant, why would she be standing in front of the door, that's REALLY putting herself in danger.

Would appear the constable got her training from the police procedures seen on TV
Last edited by ferri on Jun 15th, 2021, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Too many things today are from "as seen on multi media" of one source or another. Hopefully our "professionals" of many sorts aren't following those sources.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KszV8rF ... usieKnucks this is the :cuss: that cops have to put up with, and the cancer that the blm movement is bring into canada
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

the truth wrote: Jun 19th, 2021, 8:27 am
LOL the skinny white guy with the phone is so tough lol.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

they should of arrested him , for obstruction of justice
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

They wait way too long before tazing these fools.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

the truth wrote: Jun 19th, 2021, 8:50 am they should of arrested him , for obstruction of justice
Like SO MANY, especially the media, the crime/charge of "Obstruction of Justice" is once again misused.

"Obstruction of Justice" is basically effecting or trying to effect a judicial procedure. Bribing a prosecutor to drop a charge, trying to coerce a police officer to not charge someone, or a witness not to testify in a trial.

The media use it incorrectly all the time, so you can be forgiven having heard it used incorrectly so many times.

Example : The police are trying to effect an arrest and a third party interferes with the police and tries to stop them or impede them, the media wrongly call that "obstruction of justice"

What happened at English Bay and in the above scenario is "Obstruct a Peace Officer"
  • Obstructing justice
    139 (1) Every one who wilfully attempts in any manner to obstruct, pervert or defeat the course of justice in a judicial proceeding,

Offences relating to public or peace officer
    129 Every one who
    • (a) resists or wilfully obstructs a public officer or peace officer in the execution of his duty or any person lawfully acting in aid of such an officer,
    • (b) omits, without reasonable excuse, to assist a public officer or peace officer in the execution of his duty in arresting a person or in preserving the peace, after having reasonable notice that he is required to do so, or
    • (c) resists or wilfully obstructs any person in the lawful execution of a process against lands or goods or in making a lawful distress or seizure,
And... yes he should be charged with Obstructing a Peace Officer. (In Canada the law refers to a "police officer" as a "peace officer")
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sobrohusfat wrote: Jun 19th, 2021, 9:17 am They wait way too long before tazing these fools.
indeed.................. the kid needs a tune up

Return to “Canada”