Feel-good stories

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Feel-good stories

Post by rustled »

LiamHaddock wrote:There are lots of people this world would be better off without. Trumps poor handling of covid has caused many needless deaths. Does that mean I wish him or anyone dead? no but would I shed a tear if god, mother nature, the universe or whoever decides to let covid takes him out, HELL NO!

Dancing on any politician's grave is always an ugly look.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

LiamHaddock wrote:There are lots of people this world would be better off without. Trumps poor handling of covid has caused many needless deaths. Does that mean I wish him or anyone dead? no but would I shed a tear if god, mother nature, the universe or whoever decides to let covid takes him out, HELL NO!

rustled wrote:Dancing on any politician's grave is always an ugly look.

lighten up a bit!
I haven't started dancing, he's not dead yet! [icon_lol2.gif]
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

At least the kids won't have to worry about freezing to death this winter. Kudos to him and Canada Goose for stepping up to the plate.

Ryan Reynolds partners with Canadian parka brand to warm Nunavut students.

TORONTO -- With the COVID-19 pandemic affecting shipments to Canada’s northern communities, superstar Ryan Reynolds has teamed up with one of the country’s most well-known parka brands to provide warm clothing to hundreds of students in Nunavut this winter.

On Tuesday, Canada Goose announced it would donate its famed parkas along with Baffin footwear to outfit more than 300 students who are attending Inuujaq School in Arctic Bay, Nunavut.

In a statement, Reynolds said it had come to his attention that students at the school, which is located above the Arctic Circle on Baffin Island, didn’t have appropriate winter clothing.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/ry ... s-1.513483
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
mbfarm131
Fledgling

Post by mbfarm131 »

Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

^^^

In the comments below the article above someone called these rescuers Earth Angels. What a terrific name for those who go out of their way to assist wildlife in trouble.

Earth Angels. :up:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
cyruslosco66
Banned

Post by cyruslosco66 »

Dad whose son died at 16 and then donated the heart received a gift from the heart recipient

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1 ... 88032?s=20
m4a ubi free palestine wear a mask support your local first nation band
mbfarm131
Fledgling

Post by mbfarm131 »

Terrariums! This concept is a feel-good story as far as I'm concerned. Helps to quickly bring back perspective on the perfect balance in nature, which is a perspective that nobody should lose sight of.

https://urnabios.com/bottle-garden-hasn ... d-latimer/
mbfarm131
Fledgling

Post by mbfarm131 »

mbfarm131
Fledgling

Post by mbfarm131 »

Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Lytton residents and firefighters need stories like this.

https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/B ... -in-Lytton
BC Wildfire Service crews find litter of puppies and mom safe in Lytton.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

I paid for the person behind me in the Tims drive thru once. Does that count ??
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Noisy Boater wrote: Jul 17th, 2021, 7:44 pm I paid for the person behind me in the Tims drive thru once. Does that count ??
Only if it was a Castaneter. :biggrin:
Just keep doing that good deed until one day a member here posts it.

BTW, yes it does. :up:
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

https://www.castanetkamloops.net/news/K ... house-fire
Osprey Silviculture identified as the mystery fire crew who put out Mount Paul house fire

Thumbs up to these guys!
This crew is out of Langford on Vancouver Island.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

#StandUpToJewishHate

Return to “Social Concerns”