Breaking: Sponsorship Scandal 2.0

common_sense_guy
Übergod

Re: Breaking: Sponsorship Scandal 2.0

Post by common_sense_guy »

I would love to see Trudeau in jail. Let's make an example of him so other politicians think twice before stealing from the taxpayer and lying to us
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

mikest2 wrote: Jun 22nd, 2021, 11:51 am
foenix wrote: Jun 22nd, 2021, 11:29 am
Probably not. If the CPCs aren't crying and whining that it's illegal....the chances are, they are doing the same thing.
Oh, but they are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j005vMN6U4
Not in this case and not in the video. I heard the word unethical but not illegal and I'm not that sure it's unethical as I'm sure the CPC does the same thing as far as keeping track of voter tracking database.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

common_sense_guy wrote: Jun 22nd, 2021, 12:21 pm I would love to see Trudeau in jail. Let's make an example of him so other politicians think twice before stealing from the taxpayer and lying to us
[icon_lol2.gif] That's too funny.....politicians no matter the party have been stealing from the taxpayer and lying to us since the start of Confederation. JT would have to do something "illegal" to even be considered for jail time. As we have seen in other places, leaders can commit criminal acts on a daily basis and seemingly go unpunished so good luck with that...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

common_sense_guy wrote: Jun 22nd, 2021, 12:21 pm I would love to see Trudeau in jail. Let's make an example of him so other politicians think twice before stealing from the taxpayer and lying to us
I agree, if indeed he was the mastermind of this fraud. Sadly though, given his houseplant IQ, I doubt that he had the brains to cook up this latest malfeasance. This stinks of Telford and Butts, and the other current scum running the PMO. Trudeau's stupidity is what is going to save him, but it won't save his government. They are going down baby.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

He should be. He raped an underaged girl, but bought his way out of it. His dad bragged that he got the other Trudeau spawn off drug charges by "making a phone call." The wealthy elite manage to buy their way out of criminal charges, which is abhorrent to democracy and our system of law and order.

Jean Chretien should be in jail as well, for his complicity in Sponsorship 1.0.

This current scandal is the same thing - Liberals handing money to Liberals with no oversight and no return to taxpayers.

97% of the Liberal MPs are complicit - there is little doubt that the direction to funnel money to this scam came from the PMO.

Wiki wrote:The sponsorship scandal, AdScam or Sponsorgate, was a scandal in Canada that came as a result of a federal government "sponsorship program" in the province of Quebec involving the Liberal Party of Canada, which was in power from 1993 to 2006.

The program was originally established as an effort to raise awareness of the Government of Canada's contributions to Quebec industries and other activities in order to counter the actions of the Parti Québécois government of the province that worked to promote Quebec independence. The program ran from 1996 until 2004, when broad corruption was discovered in its operations and it was discontinued. Illicit and even illegal activities within the administration of the program were revealed, involving misuse and misdirection of public funds intended for government advertising in Quebec. Such misdirections included sponsorship money awarded to Liberal Party-linked ad firms in return for little or no work, in which firms maintained Liberal organizers or fundraisers on their payrolls or donated back part of the money to the Liberal Party. The resulting investigations and scandal affected the Liberal Party and the then-government of Prime Minister Paul Martin.

Though an ongoing affair for years, it rose to national prominence in early 2004 after the program was examined by Auditor General Sheila Fraser. The major findings reported by Fraser include the following:[1]

More than $100 million was paid to various communications agencies in the form of fees and commissions; In most cases the agencies did little more than hand over the cheques.
The sponsorship program was designed to generate commissions for private companies, while hiding the source of the funding, rather than providing any benefit for Canadians.

Fraser added, "I think this is such a blatant misuse of public funds that it is shocking. I am actually appalled by what we've found." Her revelations led to the Martin government establishing the Gomery Commission, formally the Commission of Inquiry into the Sponsorship Program and Advertising Activities, headed by Justice John Gomery for the purpose of conducting a public inquiry and filing a report on the matter The Commission concluded that $2 million was awarded in contracts without a proper bidding system, $250,000 was added to one contract price for no additional work, and $1.5 million was awarded for work that was never done, of which $1.14 million was repaid. The Commission found that a number of rules in the Financial Administration Act were broken. The overall operating cost of the Commission was $14 million.[2]

In the national spotlight, the scandal became a significant factor in the lead-up to the 2006 federal election when, after more than 12 years in power, the Liberals were defeated by the Conservatives, who formed a minority government that was sworn in February 2006.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
foenix
Guru

Post by foenix »

Gone_Fishin wrote: Jun 23rd, 2021, 9:29 am

He should be. He raped an underaged girl, but bought his way out of it. His dad bragged that he got the other Trudeau spawn off drug charges by "making a phone call." The wealthy elite manage to buy their way out of criminal charges, which is abhorrent to democracy and our system of law and order.
See that's the thing about Canada's legal system and democracy, we don't convict people on rumours and partisanship.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Canada”