Hate to ask but...

Business and professional recommendations.
778thatsgreat

Hate to ask but...

Post by 778thatsgreat »

Hey everybody

My job has relocated me from my small hometown here of Chilliwack to the beautiful city of Kelowna.

Visited there last summer and had an awesome time so I have been seeking this for a while.

Currently its June 23rd, me and my partner and Gracie (our 7 month year old English Springer Spaniel) are looking to move from our 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment that we spend $1230.00 for into another place anywhere from say $1300-$2200, keeping it under $2000 if possible. Rental preferred but would buy if everything checks out.

My job has an aiming start date for July 11 but we will see how things play out.

My name is Mario I actually work for Best Buy. I am the cellphone manager in the Chilliwack store and am transferring for an opportunity to work in a bigger store + live in a beautiful place. I used to travel to Osoyoos as a child for Canada Day and always remember wanting to live in the Okanagan.

If anyone can help, I would be eternally grateful for that and you would have an immediate friend in me. We are just struggling to get call backs on anything as the waitlists are pretty big. This would be life changer and if I end up living in Kelowna for the rest of my life, we might become H4L (Homies for Life)

Please let me know if anything is immediately available or have knowledge of someone who may be moving or looking to rent out a place soon. Let's make it happen. Thank you everybody
Even Steven
Guru

Re: Hate to ask but...

Post by Even Steven »

Reach out to Vantage West Property Management - they can find a rental to suit your taste and budget. Once you're settled and know the city a bit, you'll be able to commit to buying.

You should be able to get something good for under $2000.

Welcome to Kelowna!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Since rentals do not have a central system such as MLS with real estate, call each real estate company, ask for their property management division, and make the same inquiry. Each one will have their separate inventory so it is not a matter of saying company x does a better or worse job. Rather, they will have entirely different product available for rentals.
You and 71 others Like this post
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Google " Callahan Properties Kelowna " ..

I'm sure they're one of the largest rental property owners in this town .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
778thatsgreat

Post by 778thatsgreat »

Even Steven wrote: Jun 23rd, 2021, 9:04 am Reach out to Vantage West Property Management - they can find a rental to suit your taste and budget. Once you're settled and know the city a bit, you'll be able to commit to buying.

You should be able to get something good for under $2000.

Welcome to Kelowna!
Thank you man! I will definitely check it out. :130:
778thatsgreat

Post by 778thatsgreat »

LANDM wrote: Jun 23rd, 2021, 11:35 am Since rentals do not have a central system such as MLS with real estate, call each real estate company, ask for their property management division, and make the same inquiry. Each one will have their separate inventory so it is not a matter of saying company x does a better or worse job. Rather, they will have entirely different product available for rentals.
Wow I did not know that. It helps to know for sure. I really appreciate this info. :up:
778thatsgreat

Post by 778thatsgreat »

MAPearce wrote: Jun 23rd, 2021, 6:55 pm Google " Callahan Properties Kelowna " ..

I'm sure they're one of the largest rental property owners in this town .
Will do!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Pet friendly apartments ... select city.
https://www.broadstreet.ca/

This link is from FB - hopefully it works. Shows prices and floor plans.
https://www.broadstreet.ca/properties/l ... WNSJuSxpLA

Lakeview Village apartments offer 1/2 off first months rent, free telus for a year, dog run, dog bathing station and a community garden.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

You can also join Kelowna Shop and Swap (FB) people are always listing condos, suites and houses for rent
Good luck - hard this time of year with air B&B. Welcome to K Town :)
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Facebook Marketplace has some rentals listed as well.

Good Luck
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Referrals”